Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Jericho - "Walls of Jericho" - 10/11/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jericho - "Walls of Jericho" - 10/11/06

Old 10-11-06, 02:24 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9,446
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jericho - "Walls of Jericho" - 10/11/06

Jericho - Episode 104 - Walls of Jericho - 10/11/06

Spoiler:

Jake finds a stranger who is sick with radiation poisoning and he must make a decision whether or not to help him. The hospitalís generator is running out of gas and the residents find that their supplies are also running low.
Old 10-11-06, 08:37 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: MS
Posts: 808
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my local cbs bumped it till 2am
Old 10-11-06, 08:39 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 115
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the episode isn't finished airing for me yet and i'm becoming annoyed with how many leaps they make for even basic things. for example, i do not understand how people are just relaxing around town. if there was an apparent nuclear attack in several major cities in America, wouldn't people be seriously shell shocked? i remember the days after september 11 where people were glued to tv news, too lethargic and depressed to do anything else. i mean -- if denver was completely destroyed and my town was within line of site of the blast, i don't think i'd really be in the right mind to be flirting with women or making time for an affair. maybe it's just me.
Old 10-11-06, 08:39 PM
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,790
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can they find some way to kill every child on this show? Seriously, all of them. Dead. Please.
Old 10-11-06, 08:41 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Janitor's closet in Kinnick Stadium
Posts: 15,726
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too bad the stuck up chick didn't die with her parents.
Old 10-11-06, 08:50 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Janitor's closet in Kinnick Stadium
Posts: 15,726
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We'll here is what I think happened...

Spoiler:
The black guy and Victor are part of the same group that set off the nukes in an attempt to overthrow the government. I think the tanks are part of the same group as well. I think it is a splinter cell of the military and government officials wanting to take over. But I don't know why the black guy is in Jericho whit his fake family.
Old 10-11-06, 09:04 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 11,569
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mopower
We'll here is what I think happened...

Spoiler:
The black guy and Victor are part of the same group that set off the nukes in an attempt to overthrow the government. I think the tanks are part of the same group as well. I think it is a splinter cell of the military and government officials wanting to take over. But I don't know why the black guy is in Jericho whit his fake family.
Wait, why would the family be
Spoiler:
fake?
Old 10-11-06, 09:13 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Docking Bay 94
Posts: 14,259
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And, with the 4th episode, I think I might be throwing in the towel on this one. I don't see this headed in any directions I consider interesting...
Old 10-11-06, 09:20 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Janitor's closet in Kinnick Stadium
Posts: 15,726
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Wait, why would the family be
Spoiler:
fake?
Well the family as in the mom and kids are real relatives but he is not the real father. And the whole conversation about getting their stories straight incase they talk to someone from town.
Old 10-11-06, 10:39 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 39,633
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mopower
Well the family as in the mom and kids are real relatives but he is not the real father. And the whole conversation about getting their stories straight incase they talk to someone from town.
He's the real father. Everything else is a lie, but he's the real father. If you're refering to the pointed comments his kids made, that's just because the was never "there for them."
Old 10-11-06, 10:41 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The people in this town partying it up have got to be the worst written segments of this show. I mean, WTF?

Now, the fake black family does seems to have more to do with the bad events that just happened, rather than just being on the run for something before the nuke events.
Old 10-11-06, 10:47 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 11,569
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
The people in this town partying it up have got to be the worst written segments of this show. I mean, WTF?
Yep, that's the worst part of the show for me. I could see people sitting around getting plastered if they knew there was nothing else they could do, but the way it's happening is just dumb.
Old 10-11-06, 11:10 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Lakewood, Ohio
Posts: 750
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yohansen5b
the episode isn't finished airing for me yet and i'm becoming annoyed with how many leaps they make for even basic things. for example, i do not understand how people are just relaxing around town. if there was an apparent nuclear attack in several major cities in America, wouldn't people be seriously shell shocked? i remember the days after september 11 where people were glued to tv news, too lethargic and depressed to do anything else. i mean -- if denver was completely destroyed and my town was within line of site of the blast, i don't think i'd really be in the right mind to be flirting with women or making time for an affair. maybe it's just me.
Who says they are relaxing? The townspeople can't do anything else but go to this bar because it has power (for the time being). When Skeet came to round up people to help him find that group from Denver everyone was just stairing at the TV in shock.

As for Payton Manning and his affair, I will agree that it's stupid.
Old 10-11-06, 11:25 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9,446
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This show was painful.
Old 10-11-06, 11:29 PM
  #15  
MrX
DVD Talk Legend
 
MrX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,790
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had to laugh at the deputy talking about the tanks being from China, Iran, or Noth Korea

Jaguyver save the day again
Old 10-11-06, 11:31 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Janitor's closet in Kinnick Stadium
Posts: 15,726
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
He's the real father. Everything else is a lie, but he's the real father. If you're refering to the pointed comments his kids made, that's just because the was never "there for them."

I just watched that scene again and your right. It threw me off at first when the wife was saying what happened to her mother to him.
Old 10-11-06, 11:41 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 31,690
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
"Fake black family?"

They're not really black?

This is getting boring. Someone from another board described the series like a bunch of supporting characters sitting around waiting for the leads to show up.

And I disagree that all of the people sitting around on their asses at the bar is inaccurate. I grew up in small-town Kansas, and this is pretty much what I would expect under such circumstances. Most of the people would head for the bars and bemoan the lack of football or NASCAR on the TV, and the rest would start stockpiling guns for the when the Communist troops in black UN helicopters show up.
Old 10-11-06, 11:48 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
bigsoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Sachse, TX
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
I had to laugh at the deputy talking about the tanks being from China, Iran, or Noth Korea

Jaguyver save the day again
the tanks could be from Al-Qaeda, omg
Old 10-12-06, 12:02 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sort of wished the tank would have blown up when the guy just knocked the retaining cover on the tank.
Old 10-12-06, 12:17 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 718
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This episode moved extremely slow. I can't believe they took up an hour of television with how much they "advanced" the plot.
Old 10-12-06, 12:40 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,688
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True, I find some of the people too relaxed for what is going on, but I'm really into this show.
Old 10-12-06, 01:11 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9,446
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I sort of wished the tank would have blown up when the guy just knocked the retaining cover on the tank.
I think this scene is a metaphor for the entire series. A lot of action with a result that is not what anyone is interested in.

My goodness... best line from the previews: "THIS IS HOMELAND SECURITY STAY WHERE YOU ARE!"
Old 10-12-06, 02:35 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 268
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sup with the African-American? He's up to something...

Did the rest of the Four Horsemen return to Jericho after Jake found the planes? I thought they were gonna look for the tanks that were spotted earlier.
Old 10-12-06, 03:26 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Finisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,536
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DvdGene
Did the rest of the Four Horsemen return to Jericho after Jake found the planes? I thought they were gonna look for the tanks that were spotted earlier.
They stopped at a bar.
Old 10-12-06, 08:13 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 14,358
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't imagine in a real nuclear attack, parents would just let kids run all around town, especially since they still do not know what is going on.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.