Lost -- "the Glass Ballerina" -- 10.11.2006

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "the Glass Ballerina" -- 10.11.2006

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-06, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok these "others" are driving me insane. i want to know what is up with their story. they are on the verge of annoying the hell out of me.
Old 10-11-06, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
I figured that would bug me, but it feels inevitable that in an episode or three, it'll be explained.
Old 10-11-06, 08:47 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RichC2
I figured that would bug me, but it feels inevitable that in an episode or three, it'll be explained.
And you're basing that on what, all the questions that have been answered so far?
Old 10-11-06, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hehe, just the way the show has been paced in the past .

Ah well... I really enjoyed tonight's episode. 2 weeks of solid Lost and a very good looking preview for next week, I can't ask for much more than that.

Last edited by RichC2; 10-11-06 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-11-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

at the Red Sox joke.

Good ending, good episode. I wonder exactly what the Others want with Jack. And, WTF at Benjamin Linus being on the island his whole life? Who the hell is this weirdo?

Next week,
Spoiler:
SMOKEY RETURNS!!!
Old 10-11-06, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Loved Jack's reaction to being told that the Red Sox won the World Series, but then shutting up when the footage was shown.

The rest of the Sun/Jin subplot seems like stuff that didn't need to be revealed (except for how Sun's lover died).

Kate needs to swing more pick-axe in a dress.
Old 10-11-06, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman

The rest of the Sun/Jin subplot seems like stuff that didn't need to be revealed (except for how Sun's lover died).
Think they were just running with the "When Sun betrays Jin, people die!" theme.

If it keeps up at this pace, this is a season that will definitely run great on DVD, or so it seems.
Old 10-11-06, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But Sun is also shown at an early age to let others take the fall for her. I guess that's a character flaw, or perhaps it'll lead her to take another road when the time comes for her to accept responsibility for her actions. But, I didn't really care one way or another.

If Benry lived on the island all his life, why would he care who won the world series? Stuff like that would really matter to the others.
Old 10-11-06, 09:10 PM
Retired

Great episode. The show is much better so far than season 2, and I think I big part of it is the flashbacks so far have been decent, where the bulk of them last year were pretty dull.

Seem to be answering questions at a decent clip...i.e. already verifying that the others have contact with the outside world and can leave if they want to etc.
Old 10-11-06, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know a lot of people get annoyed with the Sun/Jin subplot, but it really strikes a chord with me every time (read: makes me cry like a little bitch). Probably 'cos my mom's from Korea.

Really solid season so far. I can't wait for next week. I don't know how I'm going to keep my sanity after the first six eps. Had to take a break from the writing essays/studying for midterm... Gotta get back to it.

Edit:
If Benry lived on the island all his life, why would he care who won the world series? Stuff like that would really matter to the others.
I think it has more to do with it mattering to Jack, you know, the whole inside joke between he and his father.
Old 10-11-06, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Virtually no actual plot development - minus the boat thing - and backstory which added very little.

Sayid is a fucking idiot.

Kate needs to swing more pick-axe in a dress.
Word.
Old 10-11-06, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
!!!Trixie!!!

"Tread lightly who lives in hope of pussy."
I was shocked too. Not used to hearing her talk without swearing.
Old 10-11-06, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Finisher
Virtually no actual plot development - minus the boat thing -
You need to rewatch the last scene again if you feel that way.
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Finisher
Virtually no actual plot development - minus the boat thing - and backstory which added very little.
So they

Spoiler:
no longer have a boat, have Jack listening, have full access to the outside world, know how to get off the island, know who they can take in fights, and have killed another Other.
In Lost terms, that counts for more than Sun finding her ring.
DVD Talk Hero

Btw - Fucking Awesome
Old 10-11-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think I'm done with this show on a weekly basis (or whenever they decide to put it on). I can't take the constant carrot dangling that just repeats itself. They introduce more questions on a weekly basis than they ever answer, and I'm sick of it. Case and point - Hey Jack, I've got a secret and it's the Boston motherfucking Red Sox! wow. great.

I'd love to have an exact count of minutes of show vs. minutes of commercials tonight. there were 2 commercial breaks that were at least 6 minutes each. I counted 7 commercial breaks...so there was what, 25+ minutes of commercials? WTF?

At some point, I fully expect Parker and Stone to make a parody of this on South Park. I wouldn't be surprised to see the random word association manatees that made fun of the Family Guy show back up to be the writers of Lost. Hey, what random mystery can we make next? I got it, how about the others are...slave-driving foremen who run a bad landscaping organization with stun guns and kalishnikovs. Next week...we'll find out that kangaroos taste like chicken, but only because the matrix didn't know what they tasted like. Then we find out Jack is neo, and that bill tried to kill him because he fucked his desperate housewife...
Old 10-11-06, 09:20 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So Ben implied they (the "others") know how to get off the island, but can't?
Old 10-11-06, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How the hell did you even make it this far? Seriously, they've been answer shit left and right compared to seasons 1 and 2. It's been a shaggy dog tale since the get go, but that's been 9/10ths of the fun.

Originally Posted by atkick
So Ben implied they (the "others") know how to get off the island, but can't?
I read it more of they can and could, but choose not to.
Old 10-11-06, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
I know a lot of people get annoyed with the Sun/Jin subplot
Not here! Sun/Jin's flashbacks, along with Locke's and Eko's, are always the best flashbacks, and anytime I know an episode will feature one of these flashbacks, I know ahead of time it'll be a good one.
Old 10-11-06, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How the hell did you even make it this far? Seriously, they've been answer shit left and right compared to seasons 1 and 2. It's been a shaggy dog tale since the get go, but that's been 9/10ths of the fun.
But there's only so many times you can go to that well. I can sit here and fake throwing a ball and my dog will fall for it a few times, and it's 9/10ths of the fun...but after the 10th time, it's boring, ridiculous, and the dog doesn't fall for it anymore, you know?
Old 10-11-06, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
I think I'm done with this show on a weekly basis (or whenever they decide to put it on). I can't take the constant carrot dangling that just repeats itself. They introduce more questions on a weekly basis than they ever answer, and I'm sick of it. Case and point - Hey Jack, I've got a secret and it's the Boston motherfucking Red Sox! wow. great.
Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

It's seriously enough with the shit about "they keep raising more quesitons" and "I'm done". You've been with the show two years. You know what it's about. It's not going to be handed to you. Enjoy the DVDs and we'll catch you in another thread.
Old 10-11-06, 09:25 PM

ooo, kinda like the matrix.
Old 10-11-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

but you know, in a different location than in a different 'realm'. Kind of like staying in a powerless hotel for 69 days really.

lordzeppelin -- I suppose, and the show does play *much* better on DVD. I should have watched Season 2 on disc, but S3 has me hooked again :\.

I do, however, hope they end it with the Season 5 finale.
Old 10-11-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea the commercials are getting old, it just makes me pine for the DVD's.

Excellent episode overall. When that one chick was trash talking Sun in the boat, I just kept saying "Shoot her in the fucking leg!" Cause i can just see Sun going badass all of a sudden. Kind of a Riven Tam moment from Firefly.

I'm definately excited to finally see what happened with Locke and company. And it's always good to see some smoke monster goodness.
Old 10-11-06, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Seriously. That's how the show works. They're not going to reveal everything all at once, and why should they? What incentive would we even have to watch? It would be BORING. I thought quite a bit happened this ep, and so far, more has happened in these first two eps than usually happens... I honestly don't know how anyone could make it this far, then decide to throw in the towel.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.