Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes - 10/02/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-06, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I fell asleep in the middle of last night's episode. Are they airing it on Sci-Fi this week, like last week, or do I need to wait until next Monday night after Raw?

Thanks
Old 10-03-06, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was a good EP overall. I was a little confused with some things but after reading earlier posts it makes sense.

I am surprised to see how gory they are making it. With all the blood and guts and heads sawed in half and people stuck to walls with kitchen utensils. Is there a reason for this?
Old 10-03-06, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts
This show definitely has some big weaknesses. The cheerleader getting her head put on backwards was ridiculous. Her dad watching the video and ominously repeating he was sorry he couldn't protect her forever was something out of a cartoon. Using DNA to explain things like evil mirror twin and the ability to fly is pretty unbelievable (even if X-men did the same thing). On top of all this, the first 15 minutes of the show felt like it was 90% comprised of stuff we already saw last week. All of that said, this week's episode was considerably better than the pilot and I'll keep tuning in for a while, hoping they hammer out the problems. The show definitely has potential if they tone down some of the dumber aspects and hire a couple writers who can actually write believable dialog.
Old 10-03-06, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The girl with the lizzard, in that guy's office. Is she the same girl from the movie Brick?
Old 10-03-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm glad so many of you are enjoying it. I, on the other hand, have a difficult time not laughing at it. The unbreakable cheerleader (who must always wear her cheerleading outfit so we don't forget) gets bumped into, and her neck snaps around?

Really, the only thing that worked was Hiro. He was amusing, and learning that he was 5 weeks in the future was a good close to the episode. There's potential here, but the writing has been pretty terrible so far. It's just cartoonish, and while this is a show about superheroes, I doubt that's what they're trying to achieve. Considering how simplistic this show has been, I hope this is the last time we get a narration at the beginning re-re-explaining everything and 10-15 minutes of recap from the previous episode. Last week I complained that this show treated me like an idiot, and this is not helping.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 10-03-06 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-03-06, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I really enjoyed the show last night. Hiro is a funny character.
Old 10-03-06, 09:46 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

The show isn't about superheroes (yet). The brothers may be able to fly, but one can't even save the other from a nasty fall. The cheerleader doesn't feel pain and her body regenerates, but she couldn't put the hurtin' on any bad guy. The stripper has exhibited nothing but villianous qualities so far and the cop is pretty much clueless. Hiro, the most powerful of the bunch, only used his ability at the end of the episode with a combination of fear and dumb luck.

The only one with truely honed superhero abilities is the villian, Patient Zero / Sylar. As far as I can tell, he has a freezing power along with telekynesis ability.

Last edited by Flay; 10-03-06 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-03-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you were on the fence before, the introduction to "super villian" Sylar should whet your appetite, eh?

Kinda like a Boss at the end of a game. Your characters have one ability yet the boss has all of them.
Old 10-03-06, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by JCWBobC
I fell asleep in the middle of last night's episode. Are they airing it on Sci-Fi this week, like last week, or do I need to wait until next Monday night after Raw?

Thanks
http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full...s/?show=heroes
Old 10-03-06, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
The girl with the lizzard, in that guy's office. Is she the same girl from the movie Brick?
Yep. That's her.
Old 10-03-06, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Her dad watching the video and ominously repeating he was sorry he couldn't protect her forever was something out of a cartoon.
This, and the narration at both the beginning and the end looks like Jeph Loeb's work (which makes sense, since he is a co-executive producer). I never liked the gratutious use of narration and unsubtle foreshadowing in Superman/Batman.
Old 10-03-06, 11:52 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Is it me, or does the Indian guy look like Michael Jackson circa 1983 ?
Old 10-03-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by charlie bucket
I am surprised to see how gory they are making it. With all the blood and guts and heads sawed in half and people stuck to walls with kitchen utensils. Is there a reason for this?

Thought that was weird too! Isn't this network TV? That's rated R type gore!

I don't mind it though, but I feel sorry for any little kids who are watching this with their parents.
Old 10-03-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

None of the heroes appear to have super strength. Isn't that mandatory for any super hero group?
Old 10-03-06, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Yep. That's her.

She has a little Rachel Bilson in her. I want some of that.
Old 10-03-06, 12:35 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by edstein
None of the heroes appear to have super strength. Isn't that mandatory for any super hero group?
That was exactly the point I alluded to. They really aren't superheroes at this point, just fledgling mutants.
Old 10-03-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
BTW, anyone notice when Mohabir was looking at the contents of the flash drive the gaps in the data formed a squiggly line with one bar up and 2 down, IMMEDIATLY after that we flashed to Walsh standing by the pool with the exact same shape being formed by the vacume hose and some floaties, and the male nurse drew the same shape in his stick figure page.
I think his name is Mohinder? And yes I noticed that too. He also said that his father had figured out how to identify the 'Heroes'. I'm guessing that this signature in their DNA is how.
Old 10-03-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What is the Mohinder's power going to be? Hmm... oh wait, it's the extraordinary power of superfluous exposition...
Old 10-03-06, 01:08 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

For those interested, here is some info about the ratings for Heroes this week:

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...ticle_7687.asp

The better news was that “Heroes” continued to look strong. Though it dipped 10 percent from last week’s 5.9, it continued to build audience in its second half hour and again won its timeslot.

At 9 p.m., “Heroes” led at 5.3, followed by a 4.8 for CBS’s “Two and a Half Men” (5.2) and “The New Adventures of Old Christine” (4.5), a 3.3 for the first hour of ABC’s “Bachelor,” a 2.5 for the finale of Univision’s “Barrera de Amor,” a 2.3 for Fox’s “Vanished,” and a 0.8 for the CW’s second airing of “Runway,” which was up slightly (0.1) over last week.
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap...ings-headlines

Two and a Half Men," 10.2/15, and "The New Adventures of Old Christine," 9.0/13, moved CBS into the lead at 9 p.m. "Heroes" was down from some from its premiere on NBC but still finished second with a 7.6/11 (and won the hour in adults 18-49). The premiere of "The Bachelor: Rome" scored a 6.0/9 for ABC. "Vanished" delivered a 4.3/6 for FOX, with "Runaway" well back in fifth on The CW.
Old 10-03-06, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
What is the Mohinder's power going to be? Hmm... oh wait, it's the extraordinary power of superfluous exposition...
He can be the Leader (Prof X).
Old 10-03-06, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another thing that bugged me about yesterday's episode. The girl was found behind a secret door with a console table placed in front of it. Um, how did that console table get put there? Her father was sitting at dinner and mom was forked to death so there apparently wasn't enough time to even react before they died. They REALLY need to review the script more for continuity and plausibility.

And I hope there turns out to be a method to this bad guy's madness. That is, that he has a reason for killing these particular people. Otherwise, they just make him kill innocent people just to show us how bad he is. Ooo...he slices open heads. Are you convinced that he's really REALLY evil yet? For a lesson in how to make someone seem truly evil, they should've brought in a writer from Deadwood.
Old 10-03-06, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
Is it me, or does the Indian guy look like Michael Jackson circa 1983 ?
Definitely
Old 10-03-06, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edstein
Niki's alter-ego appears to have super strength. She killed off the two mafia guys. Apparently quite easily.
Old 10-03-06, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by hahn
Another thing that bugged me about yesterday's episode. The girl was found behind a secret door with a console table placed in front of it. Um, how did that console table get put there? Her father was sitting at dinner and mom was forked to death so there apparently wasn't enough time to even react before they died. They REALLY need to review the script more for continuity and plausibility.
I assumed that the parents hid their daughter in the secret room before Sylar got there. Perhaps they knew that they were being hunted... possibly because one or both of the parents knew that they were "special" (although I'm leaning towards just the father having powers).
Old 10-03-06, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Good no-prize explanation!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.