DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The King of Queens starring Kevin James, Leah Remini, Jerry Stiller on CBS (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/478237-king-queens-starring-kevin-james-leah-remini-jerry-stiller-cbs.html)

Doug Heffernan 01-08-03 07:05 AM

I wish they would integrate Arthur into the storyline more, the whole nose spray thing didn't do it for me!

I still laugh thinking about him wheeling out the liquor cart with the Apple Martinis! lol

movieking 01-08-03 08:21 AM

I prefer that they leave Arthur to the sidelines, since I really don't feel that his character adds much. And it is not because of Jerry Stiller, but moreso the character direction that Arthur has taken. I am glad that they have reduced Spence's and Doug's cousins' (can't remember his name now...played by his brother Gary Valentine...is his show name Gary as well?) screentime, but I would like to see more of Holly and Deacon. They did hint at a romance between them in an earlier show...

PacMan2006 05-23-03 11:30 PM

"King of Queens" is Moving...

...to Wednesays at 9pm. Source is Entertainment Weekly. What do people think? It was doing perfectly fine in it's timeslot, why move it?

I watch Bernie Mac on Wednesdays at 9. Time to break out the ol' tapes (unless I get a Tivo).

Red Dog 05-24-03 09:46 AM

We discussed this extensively in the CBS Fall lineup thread last week. CBS is doing this to improve their Wednesday night performance - they need a solid anchor to help ratings for new programming on Wednesdays.

nightwing82 05-25-03 03:42 PM

Not to mention Yes Dear gets better ratings at 8:30 than Queens does at 8. So, they are moving Yes Dear to 8 to kick off Monday night.

Red Dog 05-25-03 04:33 PM

It's funny too because now that Boston Public and KOQ moved, there is nothing that interests me in the Monday 8-9 slot.

big whoppa 11-13-03 02:16 PM

King of Queens 11/12

Must have a thread on one of my favorite shows. Pretty good episode about Carrie's obsession with her gyno. Best line came from Deacon: [referring to the doctor] He's like the Vagina Whisperer. :D

No Arthur unfortunately last night.

xDareDevilx 11-13-03 02:53 PM

yeah , funny episode. I agree about the line from deacon...i was rollin. I also liked when doug freaked out and said something like "He's got jars full of vagina's!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

unfortanelty no arthur, but still really funny. I also liked the small appearance by spence! good stuff. And and old looking judge reinhold as a creepy gyno....whoa that was creepy!

big whoppa 11-13-03 03:07 PM

Vaginas = Peaches

Mistaking vaginas for peaches. You gotta be kidding me. It was funny. :D

dwells 11-15-03 03:11 PM

Doug: "One hundred, two hundred, three hundred,......
NO Hundred EVERRRRRRRR!!

Funniest show on television.....

Dennis

xDareDevilx 11-15-03 03:31 PM

Originally posted by dwells
Doug: "One hundred, two hundred, three hundred,......
NO Hundred EVERRRRRRRR!!

Funniest show on television.....

Dennis

oh yeah...doug is classic....what's really funny is that he reminds me so much of my brother. My brother says stuff like and in that voice that to his wife sometimes and other people too and he acts just like him! FUNNY stuff

xDareDevilx 11-19-03 08:33 PM

King of Queens - 11/19

Weak episode. Worst of the season IMO. Doug had some good lines of course (the fish stick thing was pretty good). The whole koosh thing wasn't very funny. Anyone would have just told his boss why it was important to Deacon. Just not believable. But the 4 way passing thing was pretty good....oh and Where has Arthur been lately?!?

kramdenfan 11-19-03 08:37 PM

I was wondering the same thing about Arthur......

I enjoyed the episode, tho. Especially when Carrie unbuttoned...
:drool:

xDareDevilx 11-19-03 08:48 PM

Originally posted by kramdenfan
IEspecially when Carrie unbuttoned...
:drool:

yeah that was hot! Stacy Karosey does it to me every time!

kramdenfan 11-19-03 08:54 PM

actually- that's Leah Remini.

Timber 11-19-03 08:57 PM

SBTB reference

kramdenfan 11-19-03 09:01 PM

Now I'm really lost- what's SBTB, and who is Stacy Karosey?

****feeling stoopid*****

madcougar 11-19-03 09:07 PM

Now I'm really lost- what's SBTB, and who is Stacy Karosey?

****feeling stoopid*****

I believe that's the character she played in Saved By The Bell.

I'm so embarrassed I knew that... and I believe it was "Stacey Carosi."

Red Dog 11-19-03 09:07 PM

Mmmmmm cleavage :drool:

kramdenfan 11-19-03 09:13 PM

Originally posted by madcougar
I believe that's the character she played in Saved By The Bell.

I'm so embarrassed I knew that... and I believe it was "Stacey Carosi."

You are 100% correct! I didn't watch Saved that much, and didn't even realize Leah was on it!

Her site has some great pix: www.leahremini.net

xDareDevilx 11-19-03 09:35 PM

You are 100% correct! I didn't watch Saved that much, and didn't even realize Leah was on it!

Her site has some great pix: www.leahremini.net

hey come on, i'm the one making the reference here! Give the credit to the right person (wink)....and thanks for the spelling correction madcougar....i knew karosey didn't look right!

she was on the episodes where they went to work at a resort for the summer (malibu sands i believe).

big whoppa 11-19-03 10:35 PM

The fish schtick was good. Nothing gets between Doug and his food. And the koosh ball was ok to an extent.

A shame there was no Arthur this week either.

kramdenfan 11-20-03 07:31 AM

Originally posted by xDareDevilx
hey come on, i'm the one making the reference here! Give the credit to the right person (wink)....and thanks for the spelling correction madcougar....i knew karosey didn't look right!

she was on the episodes where they went to work at a resort for the summer (malibu sands i believe).

lol- sorry for the miscred!

mariakitty 11-20-03 06:42 PM

The eps without Arthur are usually weaker, and don't you think this season has been a bit ho-hum? Just not the quality of last season, imho.

movieking 11-21-03 03:23 PM

Totally agree. I am curious how the jobless Carrie works out. It wouldn't shock me to see her working for the same lawyer when he decides to strike out on his own...