Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

America's Got Talent - 6/21

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The second round of auditions was better in terms of watchability as the judges weren't nearly as obnoxious. The stripper was awesome, and that 11-year-old girl singer...wow. That was NOT an 11-year-old voice.
Old 06-28-06, 11:37 PM
Banned

Caught this show because it was on a TV at the gym. Does anyone have a screen capture or know where to find ones of that Russian gay angel dude from tonight's show? I want to start a caption this thread.
Old 06-30-06, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Legolas
Caught this show because it was on a TV at the gym. Does anyone have a screen capture or know where to find ones of that Russian gay angel dude from tonight's show? I want to start a caption this thread.
Leonid the Magnificent:

http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Tale...agt_103_03.jpg

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/./p...agnificent.jpg

The pictures don't really do him justice though.

and of course, Michelle (the “Snow White” strip-tease act)

http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Tale...agt_103_06.jpg

Last edited by Heat; 06-30-06 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-30-06, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A poster at TWOP said that the title of this show should have a question mark at the end.

It reminds me of that classic SNL Sinatra Group skit with Chris Rock as Luther Campbell: "But I don't haaaaaave any talent!"
Old 06-30-06, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I love how Brandy gets all hot and bothered when any guy takes his shirt off but then gets offended when a girl gets on stage doing essentially the same thing.

das
Old 07-01-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Heat
and of course, Michelle (the “Snow White” strip-tease act)

http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Tale...agt_103_06.jpg
Her myspace:

http://www.michellelamour.com/
Old 07-01-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting. Do a google search on Michelle L'Amour with the safe-search turned off, you'll see a lot more of her.

By the way, when is the next "America's Got Talent"?
Old 07-08-06, 06:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Just watched the Tivoed latest version...are we the only ones who like this show, but are a bit ashamed to say so?
Old 07-08-06, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Good cheesy fun, this one, but I've seen enough of that dog faced Brandy to last my next lifetime!

Favorites - the 70yr old male stripper, the jugglers dressed in business clothes (very funny guys!), and the Snow White stripper. I love a nice pair of hips!
Old 07-21-06, 12:13 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I take it no one is watching this...

... I caught this week's performances and might I say, this show blows.

But "At Last" rocks!
Old 07-21-06, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Regis was so mean to Leonid the Magnificent when he was eliminated.

"Tonight Leonid takes it a like a man!"

I think that whole thing with the judges not making up their minds was so obviously planned. I figured they must have finally realized that it is dumb for the judges to essentially get first pick. They should first pick the America's Choice and then have the judges pick the next worthy. Last week, the judges picked the obvious crowd favorite so the America's Choice was probably really only the second favorite. They should use the judges picks to add different acts to the mix.
Old 07-21-06, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still watching but no idea why, its just becoming a really horrible show. The judges offer absolutely nothing of any value anymore. For the most part the acts are completely uninteresting to watch a 2nd time around. As expected, its just coming down to a singing/music competition for the most part.
Old 07-21-06, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Regis was so mean to Leonid the Magnificent when he was eliminated.

"Tonight Leonid takes it a like a man!"
After Regis said that, I said "He always takes it..." then my wife cut me off with a stern look 'cause her folks were in the room too.

There is nothing magnificent about Leonid.
Old 07-21-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
After Regis said that, I said "He always takes it..." then my wife cut me off with a stern look 'cause her folks were in the room too.

I see the phrase “take it like a man” as meaning exactly that, to take it as a man would take it.

Look at it this way – a man and a woman are married. Which one “takes it like a man”? I’d say that the man does, which means that saying that Leonid the Magnificent “takes it like a man” is most likely not accurate.

Anyway… "At Last" was a very good group, I'm glad that they won. The snapping guy was entertaining, but that act can only take you so far.
Old 07-21-06, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What annoys me most about this show is that if you don't sing, the judges won't acknowledge your talent. A guy goes out there and juggles 8 balls, feeding from his foot, and they say, "I guess it was OK, but anyone can juggle." Then someone goes out there and sings barely good enough for karaoke, and they go crazy drooling over her. I like the concept of the show, but the judges are too stupid to recognize that some things other than singing are incredibly difficult and deserve some respect.

They definitely did a better job with selections this time, though. Yodel girl and harmonica boy are only average talents. It's cute because they're kids, but come on. I guess I'm rooting for "At Last".

das
Old 07-21-06, 10:27 AM

Bobby Badfingers: The Animated Short - http://www.badfingers.com/video/snap...-main-anim.mov
Old 07-21-06, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by das Monkey
What annoys me most about this show is that if you don't sing, the judges won't acknowledge your talent. A guy goes out there and juggles 8 balls, feeding from his foot, and they say, "I guess it was OK, but anyone can juggle." Then someone goes out there and sings barely good enough for karaoke, and they go crazy drooling over her. I like the concept of the show, but the judges are too stupid to recognize that some things other than singing are incredibly difficult and deserve some respect.

They definitely did a better job with selections this time, though. Yodel girl and harmonica boy are only average talents. It's cute because they're kids, but come on. I guess I'm rooting for "At Last".

das
I couldn't agree more. I couldn't believe the hard time they gave that juggler last week. And then they go gaga over these younger contestants.

And these checks and X's are the dumbest thing ever. They serve no purpose whatsoever. You should be able to tell if the judge liked then or not by listening to what they actually say. The judges seemed to get confused on which button to press half the time.

This show needs some serious re-tooling and it could be a really decent show.
Old 07-21-06, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked how Brandy got all bitchy to the "Sugar & Spice" sisters and to the Destiny's Child wannabees (the horribly named "N'Versity").

I couldn't believe the British guy who is supposed to be the mean judge gave them a pass.

When they eavesdropped on the judges picking who would perform that night you could tell Brandy was talking about Sugar and Spice: "This show isn't a charity case! I have my integrity on the line here!"
Old 07-21-06, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Brandy looks like a black version of Janis from Dr. Teeth and Electric Mayhem.
Old 07-21-06, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I liked how Brandy got all bitchy to the "Sugar & Spice" sisters and to the Destiny's Child wannabees (the horribly named "N'Versity").

I couldn't believe the British guy who is supposed to be the mean judge gave them a pass.

When they eavesdropped on the judges picking who would perform that night you could tell Brandy was talking about Sugar and Spice: "This show isn't a charity case! I have my integrity on the line here!"
Brandy almost said "word for word" what I said to my family about both "N'Versity" (It is a horrible name, but will not say anything more about that) and "Sugar & Spice".

"N'Versity" dressed and danced way beyond (in a bad way) their years, I would never have let my 16 year old daughter dance/dress like that, even more so in front of Millions around the country.

"Sugar & Spice", the lead singer was alright, but the other girl on the right just could not sing. They were like an act from a church telnet show night, which is fun, but not worth 1 million dollars.

Bandy is right on when she speaks, she could replace Paula on AI and I would not be too upset.
Old 07-21-06, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Goldberg74

Amen, he was just on there for the strang factor (maybe ratings???). I could not watch the show when he was whinning about the judges comments and him being an artist. If he is an artist, he is a very bad artist.
Old 07-26-06, 10:18 PM

So how did the judge's put through tonight?

... or did the claim that they needed more time.

(My wife got testy when I kept switching back and forth from SYTYCD.)
Old 07-26-06, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They put through Rapping Granny... yeah, not sure about that one.

What the heck did Bianca do? An 11 year old doing Janis Joplin is just not attractive no matter what.

and how did that magician do that?? That was amazing...I hope he gets peoples choice!

Did you catch that fall from the still people? Looked pretty nasty.
Old 07-26-06, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Kenny Shelton is Lord of the Tools. What a jackass.

I felt bad for the girl who fell. It was the most entertaining part of the night, but I still felt bad, because you could see the pain on her face. It tore her up.

Rappin' Granny's as good a choice as any, I guess. Not much great out there. What a disaster for Bianca.

das
Old 07-27-06, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rappin Granny is awful. I'm convinced they put her through for what they perceive is a ratings boost. She can't rap -- it's a gimmick/novelty act. I can rap that good (which isn't good at all) -- but I'm not a 72 year old woman (last I checked).

The two best acts were the one Magician (appeared behind them) and Bianca (despite her poor choice in song).

I'm surprised that so many here say they don't like the show. I find it very entertaining. I'm disappointed that there are so many mediocore acts on though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.