CSI Miami *Season Finale* -- "One of Our Own" -- 05/22/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-06, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
CSI Miami *Season Finale* -- "One of Our Own" -- 05/22/06

"One of Our Own"
Spoiler:
Horatio mourns the murder of someone close to him as he and the team hunt for the killer; the revelation of the mole's identity jeopardizes the future of the lab.

Cast: David Caruso, Emily Procter, Adam Rodriguez, Khandi Alexander, Sofia Milos, Jonathan Togo, Eva LaRue, Rex Linn, Alana de la Garza, Boti Bliss, Joel West, Vincent Laresca, Michael B. Silver, Armando Valdez-Kennedy , Brendan Fehr, Bellamy Young, Robert LaSardo, Lance Reddick, Mark Rolston, Eric Mabius.
Director(s): Matt Earl Beesley.
Producer(s): Jerry Bruckheimer, Carol Mendelsohn, Ann Donahue, Anthony Zuiker.
Writer(s): Barry O'Brien, Krystal Houghton.

Original Airdate: May 22, 2006.
Old 05-22-06, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why bother with these CSI Miami threads?

I don't think I've ever read a positive comment made about this show here - just remarks about how much people don't like it, but 'damn it looks good in HD'...
Old 05-22-06, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Why bother with these CSI Miami threads?

I don't think I've ever read a positive comment made about this show here - just remarks about how much people don't like it, but 'damn it looks good in HD'...
To answer your question, because people still watch this show. If you don't agree with what's being discussed in the CSI Miami threads or the comments bothers you, just simply stay away from it. It's that simple.

There are other threads in this forum in which they "always" have a majority of negative comments and not just CSI Miami...
Old 05-22-06, 07:17 PM

If you thought that was some sort of shot at you, because you start these threads, you thought wrong.

I just don't get why anyone bothers going on and on about how much they don't like something - your remark to me applies to those same people - if they don't like CSI Miami, don't watch it just to bitch about it.

I actually like the show. It's fun, visually interesting - even without HD ( I wish CTV would air it widescreen full time instead of occasionally) and I'm one of the very few who likes Horatio Caine. However, I can't exactly talk about the positives of a show when everyone else loves discussing the negatives.
Old 05-22-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I actually like the show. It's fun, visually interesting - even without HD ( I wish CTV would air it widescreen full time instead of occasionally) and I'm one of the very few who likes Horatio Caine. However, I can't exactly talk about the positives of a show when everyone else loves discussing the negatives.
I like Horatio Caine too. You're not alone.

The previews for this episode have been really good so I am looking forward to it. I will probably tivo it and watch it later in the week, when the 24 finale won't be dominating all my thoughts.
Old 05-22-06, 09:42 PM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

I think Miami is the best CSI
Old 05-22-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When they were showing Riaz in the car I was thinking they should hunt the fucker down once he was deported. As if I gave him the cue H delivered thhe line "We're going to Brazil" while putting on the shades.

This wasn't bad, but the ending seemed like a ripoff of the season finale flashbacks from NCIS. Somehow I don't see H & Delko murdering Riaz. Instead, they'll probably just interrogate him and he'll confess to a bunch of stuff without his lawyer present.
Old 05-22-06, 10:35 PM

I recall seeing an interview in which David Caruso said that after spending time in France at a TV convention (back when it was revealed that "Miami" is the #1 highest rated show worldwide) he and the producers realized that next season could cater to that worldwide audience, by travelling to some of those locations when the stories dictate that.

A sort of "CSI: International", of sorts.

I guess that means that people who watch this for the HD visual feast will get even more eye candy.
Old 05-23-06, 01:30 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
It was a let down after last weeks episode. The whole story with the mole was terribly written.

It will be interesting to see them in Brazil next season.
Old 05-23-06, 08:25 AM

However, I can't exactly talk about the positives of a show when everyone else loves discussing the negatives.
Why not? The internet is full of forums where people always disagree, that doesn't mean you can't type and hit "Submit Reply'. You've done it three times in this thread.
Old 05-23-06, 02:49 PM

Generally, these Miami threads are filled with remarks about three aspects of the show:

1. Hate for David Caruso, but in a "so bad/stupid it's good" kind of way.

2. This plot and that story was so stupid, lame, boring, or whatever term you want to use...for every episode.

3. The idea that, although it seems most here can't stand the show, it looks so good in HD that people keep tuning in for that...though I'll never understand why anyone would still watch a show they obviously don't like...yet at the same time would turn around and say if you don't like these threads don't read them - not a CSI Miami thread specifically, but for any show/film.
Old 05-23-06, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm a Miami hater as well, but David Caruso fascinates me - it's like looking at a post open heart surgical scar - horrible, but compelling. I think Caruso knew that he had a nothing character in a retread show, and imbued it with so many outrageous mannerisms that he would command interest. We complain, but we still watch him.
Old 05-24-06, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoy watching this show from a "so bad it's good" way.

Serious letdown with the mole storyline. It played out for a good portion of the season and was just resolved and they moved on like it wasn't that big a deal.
Old 05-24-06, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, Valera was pissed at Boavista.
Old 05-24-06, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's an early shot of H in Brazil:

I enjoy the show despite some of its shortcomings.
Old 05-29-06, 11:47 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I still think that its the worst of the CSI, but alot better than some of the schlock on TV right now.

The mole story was flat.

I'm glad that H is a widower.

I'm glad that they are heading for Brazil.

Am I in a hurry for the next season to start? Nope.

To quote Mr. Rogers... I hope they "take their time and do it right."