LOST - "Three Minutes"- 5/17/2006

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST - "Three Minutes"- 5/17/2006

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-06, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VHS?
I think show notes need to be in spoiler and/or not put at all until the west coast at the very least starts! Some of you dont give us a chance.
Or you could move to the EAST coast and have no problem?

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'm on the east coast and it bugged me as well. Posting during the episode and all that nonsense. I just learned early this season to not even click this thread until after I view the episode. The first few weeks will be tough, but you will thank yourself later. Plus you get to skip about 20-30 pointless posts saving time to do/read other things.
Posting a running commentary while the show airs can't be half as annoying as someone detailing the ENTIRE FREAKIN' show's plot, now can it? I have no problem with commentaries during shows. Sometimes I take part in 'em, but if there are those who want to do it for every episode, more power to 'em.
Old 05-18-06, 12:07 AM

Didn't it sound like they used something to alter Walt's voice to make it seem younger & higher pitched?
Old 05-18-06, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting.... nice episode.

BTW, spoilers or having to use spoiler tags are Bullshit! Don't read a thread until you've seen the episode. Now, I'm going to go wright P&T to see if we can get them to tackle this issue.
Old 05-18-06, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
QUESTIONS FROM THIS EPISODE (AND SPOILERS) --

5. Why the charade? At first, it seemed like "The Others" wore disguises when they ventured out of their science station. Now we see them living in tents and wearing rags and fake beards full-time. Who are they disguising themselves from? Why did the abandon the medical hatch? Who are they hiding/running from? Seems like they're going pretty damned far for the benefit of the survivors of 815. (Maybe, next season, we'll get a flashback episode from The Others' POV.)
I never have seen them in tents. The only tent I remember seeing having smoke coming out of it was the one holding Michael. And remember Walt saying something about them telling lies or not being what they seem? Those other tents might have entrances to other hatches. I would like to see this episode again.
Old 05-18-06, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
That's just not how it works. Spoilers are fair game once it has aired in the US (EST), and are warned about in dated thread anyway.

Just stay out of thread after 6 pm PST until 10 pm PST when you've seen it. You know the east coast people will be talkinga bout the show staring at 6 your time, so there's no reason to click on the thread.

What the fuck else are people going to post? These threads are pointless until the episode airs anyway. Just a bunch of "can't wait" type posts.
Did you read my post fully or jump to the good parts?
I stated that people were posting what happened and not using spoiler tags.At 6 fuckin PM PDT.Mostly poeple talk about what they will see and hope to see and maybe try at some clues.We already saw people bitch about it in this thread so i am guessing it is not only me.

From what I gather, fuck the west coast people huh?
Come in to read a little and think we are reading something other than a spoiler because some dick didnt use the tags.This is just a few posts in and not pages later.Thats what pissed me off.
I know when I should not click on a page number knowing it will have show notes.But having that shit posted on the first page with no tags is bullshit.
If you see other LOST threads, it is usually 2-3 before any show notes are posted.I know not to go past those.

Last edited by VHS?; 05-18-06 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-18-06, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wanting Hurley on his away team should be evidence enough that Micheal is off his rocker.
Old 05-18-06, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts
I stated that people were posting what happened and not using spoiler tags.At 6 fuckin PM PDT.Mostly poeple talk about what they will see and hope to see and maybe try at some clues.We already saw people bitch about it in this thread so i am guessing it is not only me.

From what I gather, fuck the west coast people huh?
Then it's probably advisable to not read these threads until after you've seen the episode in question, no?

6:00 PM Pacific is also 8:00 PM Central and 9:00 Eastern, when the show begins broadcasting on the East Coast and Midwest. It shouldn't be up to those people to wait until everyone else has seen it before discussing it.

The onus of the responsibility for avoiding spoilers lies on the West Coasters to avoid the discussion, not everyone else.
Old 05-18-06, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Then it's probably advisable to not read these threads until after you've seen the episode in question, no?

6:00 PM Pacific is also 8:00 PM Central and 9:00 Eastern, when the show begins broadcasting on the East Coast and Midwest. It shouldn't be up to those people to wait until everyone else has seen it before discussing it.

The onus of the responsibility for avoiding spoilers lies on the West Coasters to avoid the discussion, not everyone else.
I agree completely, and I'm on the west coast.

Then again spoilers don't detract one bit from my enjoyment of a show or movie. In fact I like to know exactly what happens before I see a show. Or at least for movies I like to read the book 10 times first.
Old 05-18-06, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It took me a long time to figure out how I recognized her, but I figured it out. The brunette who was trying to talk to Michael while the other Others were talking to Jack and the rest in the flashback, is Cynthia (the nerdy girl) from Malcolm in the Middle. And interestingly (though it may have come up already), her character name comes up as Alex Rousseau: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0713389/
Old 05-18-06, 01:21 AM

Well I just have to say that it is sad and shocking how this show went from being brilliant and fresh (1st season) to a boring and drag it out show (2nd season). It almost becomes a chore to watch this show. Last year I wanted the show to go on longer than the 60 / 65 minutes it was going. This year, most episodes I'm looking at the clock wondering when it's going to end.

The writing has been mediocre at best. Thank God they wrote Sayid's part the way they did tonight. Because if none of those idiots could see that Michael is leading them into a trap, then the writers must think we are as stupid as those characters to not see that coming.

And Michael and Walt need to be killed off as soon as possible. Michael's acting tonight was really weak. Has our world become so bad that a parent would sacrifice 2 innocent lives for the life of their child? Would the parents here on DVD Talk do that? If so, then I cry for the future of our world.

And come on, Claire forgives Charlies just like that, because he brings a vaccination kit? I could have understood her doing that if she had seen him throwing in the statues of the Virgin Mary into the ocean. Then she could have really seen that he really has repented. But they hadn't seen each other for weeks (days actually), so she would have no way of knowing that he has changed.

The way ABC has been scheduling new shows this season is one reason that this shows ratings are down dramatically this year, but I would bet that the writing and direction of this show has driven away a lot of people that really liked it the first season.

Next year, thankfully, they are showing Lost in 2 blocks. Hopefully J.J. Abrams will be back in the fold and give this show the direction that it so badly needs.

Chris
Old 05-18-06, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Well I just have to say that it is sad and shocking how this show went from being brilliant and fresh (1st season) to a boring and drag it out show (2nd season). It almost becomes a chore to watch this show. Last year I wanted the show to go on longer than the 60 / 65 minutes it was going. This year, most episodes I'm looking at the clock wondering when it's going to end.

The writing has been mediocre at best. Thank God they wrote Sayid's part the way they did tonight. Because if none of those idiots could see that Michael is leading them into a trap, then the writers must think we are as stupid as those characters to not see that coming.

And Michael and Walt need to be killed off as soon as possible. Michael's acting tonight was really weak. Has our world become so bad that a parent would sacrifice 2 innocent lives for the life of their child? Would the parents here on DVD Talk do that? If so, then I cry for the future of our world.

And come on, Claire forgives Charlies just like that, because he brings a vaccination kit? I could have understood her doing that if she had seen him throwing in the statues of the Virgin Mary into the ocean. Then she could have really seen that he really has repented. But they hadn't seen each other for weeks (days actually), so she would have no way of knowing that he has changed.

The way ABC has been scheduling new shows this season is one reason that this shows ratings are down dramatically this year, but I would bet that the writing and direction of this show has driven away a lot of people that really liked it the first season.

Next year, thankfully, they are showing Lost in 2 blocks. Hopefully J.J. Abrams will be back in the fold and give this show the direction that it so badly needs.

Chris
I disagree with almost everything you said.

You make it sound like they almost wrote Sayid's part this episode by accident; you don't think that it was calculated that the most dangerous man in the group is the one who notices Michael's behavior and is going to be watching their backs in the next episode?

I think this episode made Michael a lot more interesting than he was before; previously I just thought he was getting loud and obnoxious about finding Walt, but after seeing how he was manipulated, his character became a lot more complex. I think comparing his actions to the real world is the wrong way to view this show; it is a drama, not necessarily a realistic reflection of real life.

Claire knew Charlie was helping Eko build the church, and had obviously seen some change in him through this before his bringing her the medication. I think that act just helped her realize that he wasn't being as selfish anymore. I didn't see anything that indicated she totally forgave him; she just took his hand the funeral.
Old 05-18-06, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

3. Also, they only seemed to capture Michael by chance. These guys don't seem to be half the badasses we've been led to believe.
I didn't see it as "by chance" at all. Ithink the guy wizzing was a set up to let Zeke slip around behind Michael. And then the whole elborate fake camp I believe was for Michael's benefit, to get him to do what they wanted. Still badass to me at this point.

Spoiler police...
Old 05-18-06, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Why did people get bent when the Canadian guy posted the show an hour before anyone else saw it, then I post a complaint about the same issue, and it is no big deal and I get shit for it? Was it because you ended up seeing the show by the time I posted, so all is good once you got to see it? Whatever..........

Anyway, here are some caps I got that might strike up some convo..

Did we get duped again with the ending? In last weeks preview for THIS episode, we see them on the beach and a bright flash, but we didnt get it in the end? I hate that.
Still sorta pisses me off that nobody saw odd crime scene.AL sitting on the couch shot.....guess they wanted to save it for Sayid to figure out another way that Michael is lying.
Seems this episode only showed a few things and not too much so as to keep us for season 3 which I am sure is what will happen.No flashbacks was nice, other than just seeing what Michael did while gone.I think they just gave us some new people to look forward to.A couple new locations to remember.
Old 05-18-06, 03:08 AM
Banned

The way Michael was acting was so obvious (as if his dialogue were coming from the 24 writers) that it was pretty annoying only Sayid could figure him out.

Looks like he killed Anna-Lucia on his own accord. Looks like Michael won't be alive to see this show's final episode. Good riddance.
Old 05-18-06, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DUDE! i tivo lost and don't watch it until 3 weeks later, thanks for the fooking spoilers! douche.
Old 05-18-06, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by Legolas
The way Michael was acting was so obvious (as if his dialogue were coming from the 24 writers) that it was pretty annoying only Sayid could figure him out.

Looks like he killed Anna-Lucia on his own accord. Looks like Michael won't be alive to see this show's final episode. Good riddance.
I could not agree with this more. He chooses his party to accompany him on the raid, and no one questions that he picks Hurley over Sayid? What possible purpose could he serve other than crushing through branches alerting the camp that they are about to attack? It just made absolutely no sense at all, and I can't believe the people were just taking what he said at face value because of the amount of panic he had on his face. Thank God Sayid showed a little common sense finally, or I would have had to turn off my TV.
Old 05-18-06, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

New ad campaign for Canada's tourism industry: "We show Lost early!"
Old 05-18-06, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
"Watch it early and impress [piss off] your fellow forum posters!"
Old 05-18-06, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you see other LOST threads, it is usually 2-3 before any show notes are posted.I know not to go past those.
Might I suggest that, when the show airs for the first time (6pm est since that is when it seems to air in Canada) that someone simple places a response in the thread that clearly says something like

THE SHOW HAS BEGUN AIRING ... PROCEED BEYOND THIS POST AT YOUR OWN RISK
Old 05-18-06, 05:53 AM

Loved Saywer's new nicknames for Kate and Hurley -- Pippi Longstocking and Grape Ape

My question is why do the Others want those 4 specific people ???
Old 05-18-06, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I could not agree with this more. He chooses his party to accompany him on the raid, and no one questions that he picks Hurley over Sayid? What possible purpose could he serve other than crushing through branches alerting the camp that they are about to attack? It just made absolutely no sense at all, and I can't believe the people were just taking what he said at face value because of the amount of panic he had on his face. Thank God Sayid showed a little common sense finally, or I would have had to turn off my TV.
I thought the same thing. BUT Sawyer didn't give a rat's ass, he's the one that invited Sayid. So Michael really only duped Jack. Kate just goes anywhere Jack/Sawyer go. Hurley didn't have a clue, he is in a funeral induced haze.

No thoughts on my crazy boat theory. I was hoping it would spark something.
Old 05-18-06, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I think it just continues the trend that no one ever fucking asks questions, despite how totally illogical some things are.
Old 05-18-06, 07:01 AM
Suspended

My only problem... Ms. Clue? For god's sake...

Where are Mr. Red Herring and Captain PayAttentionToThis
Old 05-18-06, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by D.Zero
Didn't it sound like they used something to alter Walt's voice to make it seem younger & higher pitched?
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Damn puberty and continuity....
Old 05-18-06, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts
Pretty solid episode last night, but I think they're setting us up for a cliffhanger that will be even less satisfying than last season's. I'm guessing we'll see Michael and the other 4 head off to the fight the Others, with Sayid and a couple others discreetly following them. The main party will get to the camp and be disarmed by the Others, with Michael offering up "I'm sorry. They have my son." as the other 4 look shocked at the betrayal. Sayid will come in guns blazing and get shot/knocked out, maybe after tagging a couple of others. Zeke will say something like 'Now, it's time we tell you a little more about what's going on on OUR island.' Fade out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.