Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 5/11/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home tonight?
Aras
23.53%
Cirie
47.06%
Danielle
26.47%
Terry (highly unlikely)
2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 5/11/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SunMonkey
And how completely stupid showing all three of the finalists in the promo for next week. If they were going to end the "to be continued" episode that way, why not just show the tie-break tonight. Morons.
I played this over and over and I only saw two of them on the wall.
Old 05-12-06, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts
Yup. It only shows Aras and Terry on the wall, and we already know they're both safe. All the footage of Cirie and Danielle is recycled footage.
Old 05-12-06, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can't possibly imagine, based on the clip they showed of the fires burning, that the person's fire that was blazing high won't win.

If Danielle doesn't make the final 3, does anyone think there is a conceivable way of Aras winning?

I don't dislike him, but he'd still be the last of the 4 that I'd want to win.

However, my question has nothing to do with who I'm rooting for. If it's Terry in the finals, I have to believe he wins. Period. He was dominate and would probably have to win again to make the final 2. Also, if he wins the last challenge, he'll take Aras and Aras or Cirie would choose each other, so I can't see a Terry vs. Cirie final. If Cirie and Aras make the finals, I think the likability factor will be the decider and Cirie will win easily.

I don't see how there could be any other possible outcome.

Also, you can give the keys to the new car to Cirie too. I imagine that she's getting a large majority of the votes.
Old 05-12-06, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I played this over and over and I only saw two of them on the wall.
Well, if I am wrong, then I owe CBS an appology.
Old 05-12-06, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Still don't get all the hate for Aras. In all the years of Survivor, rarely has there been someone who apologized more sincerely and without hesitation and it's not like Terry (who I do like) accepted much blame for being a jackass about Cirie's mistake or getting huffy about the rules of the reward challenge.
The only reason he apologized is because he won the challenge.
He would have been crying as he usually does after every challenge if he had lost and he wouldn't have apologized to Terry.
Old 05-12-06, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Danielle is going to win. From the previews it looked to me as if Cirie's fire was huge and Danielle's was barely starting.
But as we know what they show on the promos is usually the opposite as what happens.

The final immunity challenge will be won by Terry. He has outlasted Aras in every kind og challenge so far (holding the wirghts on the platform, hanging upside down...). He know if Aras wins immunity Aras will pick Danielle.
Terry will pick Danielle and win easily. The only votes Danielle would get is from sore loser Aras and Cirie.
Old 05-12-06, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Danielle is going to win. From the previews it looked to me as if Cirie's fire was huge and Danielle's was barely starting.
But as we know what they show on the promos is usually the opposite as what happens.
In one of the later commercials, Danielle's fire is basically equal to Cirie's is size. I figure if Cirie couldn't get her fire to burn through the rope in the time it took Danielle to catch up, then it never will.
Old 05-12-06, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Anyone who uses the term "waaambulance" deserves to get their ass kicked.
Old 05-12-06, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
Anyone who uses the term "waaambulance" deserves to get their ass kicked.
Old 05-12-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Struz
He would have been crying as he usually does after every challenge if he had lost and he wouldn't have apologized to Terry.

And Terry called him on it. Left on his own, Arass would not have appologized. Loved seeing Terry knock him off the rope after his little bitch "block his ass" comment, and then he got blocked up, too bad T could not pull out that challenge.

I think Arass has a lot of daddy issues and this is where a lot of his Terry hatred stems from.
Old 05-12-06, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the rule on using the hidden immunity idol (HII)? After the votes were called, could Terry (if he wanted) can give the idol to Danielle? Or the person who has it physically before the vote is only eligible to use?
Old 05-12-06, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Terry would have had to given the HII away before TC (and before the vote). This would introduce the notion of "bluffing" into the game if a player trying to save not only themselves, but an ally in the game.

Last edited by Patman; 05-12-06 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-12-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
SUCH a lame way to "end" the ep.

I understand Terry hates losing and was pissed to lose to Aras, but I did like it after Arass said "Are you going to blame someone else everytime you lose?" and Terry said, "I don't know. This is the first time I've lost so I can't really say."

He never even needed the immunity idol, and Terry is by far my favorite to pull out the win. Then again, who knows how some of those goofballs on the jury would vote...
Old 05-12-06, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Still don't get all the hate for Aras. In all the years of Survivor, rarely has there been someone who apologized more sincerely and without hesitation and it's not like Terry (who I do like) accepted much blame for being a jackass about Cirie's mistake or getting huffy about the rules of the reward challenge.
without hesitation? Terry actually had to call him out on it and ask him for an apology. If he was truly sincere about it, he would have pulled terry over and apologized. Just my $.02

I really don't like either of the 4 that are left, but there's something about Cirie that really bugs me. She's playing an outstanding game to get htis far, but she literally has done NOTHING to justify how far she's gotten, when it comes to challenges. Has she even been remotely close on one?
Old 05-12-06, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If Cirie were to win, can you imagine the number of couch potatoes applicants that Survivor will receive for the next eligible installment?
Old 05-12-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cusm
And Terry called him on it. Left on his own, Arass would not have appologized. Loved seeing Terry knock him off the rope after his little bitch "block his ass" comment, and then he got blocked up, too bad T could not pull out that challenge.

I think Arass has a lot of daddy issues and this is where a lot of his Terry hatred stems from.
I agree, Aras would have never apologized if Terry didn't confronted him about the comment he made.

As for Aras calling Terry a sore loser, how so? The rule was you can only count per section and return to base with your number. I think Jeff just made up the rule on the fly when Terry called out Aras on the multiple counting.

Terry is not Aras' rock
Old 05-12-06, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
As for Aras calling Terry a sore loser, how so? The rule was you can only count per section and return to base with your number. I think Jeff just made up the rule on the fly when Terry called out Aras on the multiple counting.
i actually went back and listened. The rule Jeff gave was that you had to count once per sectoin and come back. Granted he never says anything about after you've hit all the stations, but there's no reason why anyone can say Terry was being a sore loser because hte rules weren't clear.
Old 05-12-06, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
but there's no reason why anyone can say Terry was being a sore loser because hte rules weren't clear.
Aras and a member here did Like I said, I think Jeff made up the rule on the fly when Terry called Aras out. Jeff was probably thinking "WTF Terry, don't put me on the spot"
Old 05-12-06, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by zuffy
I agree. Jeff clearly hesitated before answering Terry. It seemed alsmost like this was a problem the producers hadn't anticipated and Jeff gave the safe answer because otherwise Aras would have had to be eliminated from the challenge. Problem is Jeff's answer contradicted the rules he gave at the beginning of the challenge when survivors had to go to ONE station at a time.

I think Terry had every right to be pissed.
Old 05-12-06, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Hilariously terrible promo
Spoiler:
showing Danielle from tonight's challenge

das
Ah, that makes more sense.
Old 05-12-06, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
I really don't like either of the 4 that are left, but there's something about Cirie that really bugs me. She's playing an outstanding game to get htis far, but she literally has done NOTHING to justify how far she's gotten, when it comes to challenges. Has she even been remotely close on one?
It's the typical outcome of a season where men control the game (or a woman who plays like a man controls the game). The stronger physical players almost always try to carry the weakest competitor to the end so it'll be easier to win challenges. It's what they need to do because the physically strong are always the biggest targets down the stretch.

People who fit the same mold as Cirie:

Kim Johnson
Jan
Clay
Jenna Morasca
Sandra
Lillian
Scout!
Lydia

Obviously, things don't always work out as planned.
Old 05-12-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by the big train
It's the typical outcome of a season where men control the game (or a woman who plays like a man controls the game). The stronger physical players almost always try to carry the weakest competitor to the end so it'll be easier to win challenges. It's what they need to do because the physically strong are always the biggest targets down the stretch.

People who fit the same mold as Cirie:

Kim Johnson
Jan
Clay
Jenna Morasca
Sandra
Lillian
Scout!
Lydia

Obviously, things don't always work out as planned.
The difference with Cirie is that she's actually played the other side of the game quite well so far. She got Shane and Courtney out quickly because she knew those two people were ideal to take to the finals with someone. Most of the others on that list had no game whatsoever.
Old 05-12-06, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Cirie's machinations haven't really served her in any way. What she did was elevate Danielle and Aras. Cirie wasn't in danger at the time and she's not likely going to go any further than she would had she not orchestrated that stuff.
Old 05-12-06, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Struz
Please, go to LA for the reunion and fight the guy if you dislike his so intensely. People get huffy and act like jerks in their own way EVERY single season and usually multiple people do it on each season.

So now the apology wasn't good enough or sincere enough because Terry had to ask for it? Like Aras was thinking only about needing to apologize for that at this stage in an intense game. What a joke. In past seasons, people have done worse and not only not apologized but continued to either lie or make the situation worse.

Terry went to Aras and Aras admitted fault, said he felt bad, and gave Terry a sincere apology. Aras is the last of the 4 that I'd want to win, but I think if you can't even give him credit for this, then you probably, secretly, have a crush on him.
Old 05-12-06, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I would be a "crab" too if some idiot just threw their torch down in the dark where I could have possibly tripped over it and got injured.

Aras was a complete a-hole for his comment but it was good of him to apologize. I'm rooting for Terry....but it was nice to see someone else win for a change.

Hilarious for Courtney make "mean" faces to Danielle
I agree 100% with your first statement.

Regarding the 2nd statement, Aras only apologized because Terry called him out on it. I bet if Terry had let it go, Aras would not have apologized. Unfortunately that is how most humans would react, only apologize when forced to.

It reminds me of the time in 1993 when my manager was being real difficult with me, so I got pissed and called him an 'asshole' (I rarely call people names and when I do I mean it).

Within 3 seconds I knew I was wrong to call him that (even though he was one) and I apologized. I wasn't worried about getting fired, that wasn't the reason I apologized. I apologized because it was not in my character to call people names. We 'talked' it out with HR and everything was okay.

Chris

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.