Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol -- Final Four -- 05/09/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be going home on Wednesday night?
Katherine McPhee
43.10%
Chris Daughtry
16.38%
Elliott Yamin
33.62%
Taylor Hicks
6.90%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

American Idol -- Final Four -- 05/09/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-06, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Chris was pissed...as he should have been..

for being voted off...AND the way seacrest just dropped the news...it was a 'no soup for you' type of dismissal..

Some think you could be the american idol..BUT..no soup for you.. your not.
Old 05-10-06, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by whoopdido
Would you pay money to see Taylor in concert?
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes...

This is the one person I want to see.

Love his CD: "Hell of a Day" and "Soul Thing" are two of the best new songs I have heard in a long time.
Old 05-11-06, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Chris and Kat a lot and was not pleased to see Chris go, but Taylor is my favorite by far. I would totally pay to see him in concert. They can prebill me now if they want. New CD coming? I will buy that too.

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
Love his CD: "Hell of a Day" and "Soul Thing" are two of the best new songs I have heard in a long time.
Those are my favorites too.

Last edited by onebyone; 05-11-06 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-11-06, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BassDude
I picked a Kat/Taylor final, but it looks like it may be in jeopardy now.
Whew! Still alive.

Elliot shoulda hit the road before Chris, but maybe next week. Heck...I may even have ta vote next week!!!

....nnnnnaaw!
Old 05-11-06, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaz k
I will NEVER watch this piece of crap show ever again. Chris had more talent then Katherine and Taylor combined...absolute BS.

I thought for sure Kat was going tonight but Chris would have been my second pick. I think next week will be a better week for Kat and her and Taylor will be your final two.
Old 05-11-06, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 1,286 Likes on 736 Posts
Count me in as one of the shocked..

I really thought it was going to be Chris/Kat at the end from the very beginning. After last night's performance I thought Kat should go even though I like her. However, last night was so bad for her I was almost certain she would go today.

I like Chris. I think we'll see his music in the future..
Old 05-11-06, 02:52 AM

I thought Chris/Kat would be bottom 2, but I was shocked Chris was the one to go. I think Simon was shocked too--he looked like he'd just crapped his pants.

I think Taylor wrapped the show up today with Chris being eliminated; I thought Chris might have been able to beat Taylor, but I doubt Kat or Elliot can. American Idol seems to be doing its best to embrace this and figure out what to do with Taylor, as they let him perform again tonight for no reason (which led to Chris' final song being cut off).

I don't think Chris will do so great off the show--he basically wants to be the lead singer of Live or Creed...and I don't think that sort of alt-rock is very popular anymore. He has a good voice, but while Chris was striking on the show, with no one else there like him, he's a pretty standard alt-rock singer off of the show.

I think Chris lost it for himself last night when, at the end of his last performance, he inexpicably screamed "SATISFY!!!!!!!!!...........MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!".
[And projecting inexplicable intensity and hostility in every performance--save the ridiculous move of taking off his sunglasses and pointing at the camera in Suspicious Minds -- doesn't help either. And I'd like to think that his lame chain wallet subconsciously had something to do with it. I was glad to see it out tonight for a last hurrah.]

I've never bought an American Idol CD before, but I'll buy Taylor's. I've liked him since the start of the show when he sang "Levon," which I still think is probably his best performance so far. And I'd be much more likely to go see Taylor perform (moderate chance) than any of the others (no chance at all for Chris or Katharine; maybe Elliott if I got free tickets and parking)

I'm not sure what they're going to do with his CD, though. I have some hope that it will come out better than Bo's, because I don't see any way to make Taylor a gooey pop singer like above posters said they did with Bo (the only Bo song I heard was the dreadful "It's a good thing" thing)--it's at least possible to make Bo like that, but they might have to let Taylor do his kind of bluesy album because he couldn't possibly do a real "pop" album.

Last edited by The Zizz; 05-11-06 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-11-06, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Link_182
Do you have any idea how many Il Divo records I've sold in my store? More than all the Idols combined (minus Kelly). The over 40 crowd loves them.
Over 40 crowd? You must not be approaching 40 yet! Actually, I have no clue who that sap is targeted for, but you don't lose interest in decent music when you hit that age mark.
Old 05-11-06, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by jpdude
total BULLSHIT....but i guaran-damn-tee everyone that he'll still have a more successful career than whoever wins this years "title". Chris was the best this show has EVER seen!

Agree 100%

Taylor and Katherine I can almost stomach, but whoever thought that Elliot isa better performer than Chris has their head up their ass!

Most ridiculous vote ever!
Old 05-11-06, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Anyone who thinks that kat will make the final is VERY wrong. Chris' fans will blackball the girl and throw votes to Taylor and Elliot. She has no shot of making the final.
Old 05-11-06, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scoot95
Agree 100%

Taylor and Katherine I can almost stomach, but whoever thought that Elliot isa better performer than Chris has their head up their ass!

Most ridiculous vote ever!

more like head up your ass.... they are both great but for different genre's....

Chris is the more rocker type, where as elliot is the more cool soft music type....
Old 05-11-06, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Anyone who thinks that kat will make the final is VERY wrong. Chris' fans will blackball the girl and throw votes to Taylor and Elliot. She has no shot of making the final.
if she promises to wear a mini skirt, i will vote for her til i break the phone...
Old 05-11-06, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
What crap. I'm done watching this season. That was awful, America!

Well, at least he'll have the best selling album ever for a 4th place Idol.
he was never good for idol... he would have been great for the other show, rock superstar....
Old 05-11-06, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I expect major cleavage from kat next week, she will bring it all....

I had no problem with Chris going, although I would have no problem if he won either. I was beginning to tire of his voice, that scream/shout style is not for me.

Elliot is hitting his stride though, he is now very dangerous..

But still rooting for Taylor.
Old 05-11-06, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 279 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
Did anyone notice the American Inventor finalists sitting behind Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell? For the two or three of you who still watch that, I mean.
Did anyone notice Michael "Lex Luthor" Rosembaum on Tuesday's show?
Old 05-11-06, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
Sorry, but Kat will be leaving next week.

She is lucky to still be there.

Chris' fans are not happy with her and they will not be voting for her. Taylor and Elliot will be getting more votes, that makes Kat the odd woman out.
We will see.
I say Elliot will go next.
Old 05-11-06, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Simon looked like he ate a chihuahua once he realized Katharine was still in the competition.
Old 05-11-06, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thoroughly enjoyed Elliot's performances this week, he put everything into those songs. He deserves to have made it to the final 3. I will be very pleased if he won...

I replayed both performances twice, very impressed. Chris was a shocker, but America is voting, so you never know.
Old 05-11-06, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Did anyone notice Michael "Lex Luthor" Rosembaum on Tuesday's show?
And the American Inventor F4 sitting behind Romaijn last night. I guess Simon scored them seats but couldn't get Fox to shout out his ABC show. Football training guy was way into it.
Old 05-11-06, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706
he was never good for idol... he would have been great for the other show, rock superstar....
Not trying to single you out, but we've been hearing this type of thing from the start: "He's not right for this show." Haven't we all figured out by now that this show isn't going to produce a pop singer every year? Hell, how many people thought Carrie was better served for Nashville Star? She won, and she's on the country charts. Fantasia made an R&B splash. Okay, not a big splash, but a bit of a sploosh. The country seems to be overwhelmingly leaning to Taylor, and I don't quite think he's what Simon had in mind, either.

So what do you have to be at this point to be "right" for the competition. He wasn't wearing pigtails, wooden shoes, and going out there to yodel, folks. He's the type of singer, for better or worse, that you find on the radio these days. I'm not saying he's not better served by losing and not making a "Bo" record. But not right for the competition doesn't make much sense after 4 1/2 seasons of relative diversity among styles.

Anyway, I agree that this could be Katharine's shot to make it to the finals, sadly (After watching her crack a few times under pressure at this point, I can't wait to see what she screeches next). It took a huge week from Elliot to make it to the semis, so he'll need to be as good if not better now.
Old 05-11-06, 08:31 AM

Whats amazing is that alot of people still think that Taylor is NOT going to win.

Wakeup... he is the only person who has not been in the bottom 3/2 and has consistantly been either the top vote getter, or in the top. And according to DI he has consistantly pulled away from the crowd in number of votes. AI is his to lose.

The final 2 will be Taylor and Elliot.

Chris will get signed by some Fuel/Live wannabe band that sounds like every other Fuel/Live wannabe band and then he will fade into mediocrity.

Edit: And one other thing, if Chris is signed by some band, he is going to suck at the live shows, because on more then one show, he has been unable to scream out his songs without losing his voice. Theres no way this guy is gonna last through a whole 2 hour set on stage.
Old 05-11-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Just for the record, I have purchased CDs by ... Justin
So you're the one!

I would probably buy a CD by Taylor. Maybe Chris as well.
Old 05-11-06, 08:51 AM

I'm just hoping for a Taylor backlash because of the Chris ouster and am pulling for Elliot now....just for the added drama, because there is no other reason to watch now.
Old 05-11-06, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by scoot95
Agree 100%
but whoever thought that Elliot isa better performer than Chris has their head up their ass!
Can I borrow some shampoo to wash my hair later?
Old 05-11-06, 09:35 AM

i think people are underestimating elliot
alot of the voters seem to be teens as well, and all of my friends are crazy about elliot. everyone thinks taylors a given (which is probably right) but elliots been my favorite from the start, with taylor next.
and im a college kid from hawaii, going to school in the midwest and living down south in mississippi, yet most of the people i met favor elliot as well
everyone roots for the underdog. like rocky before the sequels. and that football movie with the fat hobbit.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.