TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Prison Break -- "Tonight" -- 05/01/06

Old 05-01-06, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Prison Break -- "Tonight" -- 05/01/06

"Tonight" Episode #120.
Spoiler:
Michael must move up the breakout timetable; Michael looks to Sarah for help; Veronica finds her life in jeopardy from an unlikely character.

Cast: Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Wade Williams, Amaury Nolasco, Peter Stormare, Robin Tunney, Marshall Allman, Sarah Wayne Callies, Stacy Keach, Paul Adelstein, Robert Knepper, Rockmond Dunbar, Patricia Wettig, Michelle Forbes, Frank Grillo, Muse Watson, Lane Garrison, Joseph Nuñez.
Producer(s): Paul Scheuring, Marty Adelstein, Dawn Parouse, Matt Olmstead, Brett Ratner.

Original Airdate: May 1, 2006.
Old 05-01-06, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kind of a let down, since I'm pretty sure it was advertised they got out this week. But, Scofield is playing all of his cards now. I wasn't expecting him to pull the shank on the warden. I thought he was going to save that for T-bag or the narc.

Funny hearing that Bellick lives with his mom.
Old 05-01-06, 11:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

So they spent the entire season laying out this elaborate plan and it comes down to the Doctor leaving her door unlocked and Michael with the warden at shank point?
Old 05-02-06, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^Yeah, Im a little disappointed in that....they keep wanting to find ways to keep the guys from escaping now, and the writers have backed themselves into a corner.

In the scene where the guard is talking to Tweener in his cell, in the cell directly across from Tweener (you can only see it when the guard begins to leave), it looks like there is a computer monitor or TV in the cell? Is this standard prison issue?
Old 05-02-06, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
So they spent the entire season laying out this elaborate plan and it comes down to the Doctor leaving her door unlocked and Michael with the warden at shank point?
I thought the same thing. The impression that last week's previews left was that they would be on the run in this episode. Oh well.
Old 05-02-06, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I actually thought this was a pretty good episode! There was certainly no lack of tension!

You've got Nick pulling out the gun on Veronica. Bellick is bound and gagged but about to escape (and his car is about to be found in the parking lot). Dr. Sara has confronted her Governor father who we no know kept Lincoln on deathrow so he could get the VEEP nomination. Meanwhile his future running-mate, the current VEEP is getting crapped on by the 2nd term President and former running-mate because he sees her for what she is, a power hungry, controlling bitch who has little interest in the well-being of her constituants when it comes to making money. Oh yeah, and her contributors are pissed because she'd promised them a bill would be passed, but the President deliberately vetoed it. Tweener is just screwed both literally and figuratively as his cellmate is slated to return that day. Westmoreland is basically bleeding out - which will probably stink up the trail as he's leaving blood-stained stuff all over his cell (why doesn't he put the peroxide on the wound?). Abruzzi has something going on with the whole conspiracy as well - and we know the plane is only able to hold three people (one of whom is supposedly Veronica). C-Note kicked up a shit-storm himself with the kitchen dude in order to score the peroxide. And Michael now has Pope at knife-point.

The stakes are plenty darn high! I think it will be interesting to see how Tweener fits in to the plan... Michael obviously has plans for him in the escape for ratting them out.

I thought the montage using the show's theme song and showing the stakes for all the characters was actually pretty cool. It certainly did a good job of reaffirming the urgency of each character's situation. I can't wait - only two more episodes to go!
Old 05-02-06, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Funny hearing that Bellick lives with his mom.
Yeah, that was great.

Warden: "Call his home. His mother usually answers."

Anyway, decent episode last night. No escape yet, but was still good, IMO.
Old 05-02-06, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

rfduncan

I thought the montage using the show's theme song ...
Well, it was certainly a show's theme song ...

Anyway, I agree that it's hilarious how everything in the show has come down to an unlocked door and holding the warden hostage. Not that it wasn't predictable that most of the show's setup wasn't going to be relevant (like the first 20 hours in each season of 24). I also love how every week, the "bad guy" turns out to be bossed around by a "badder guy". How many levels of "badder guy" do we have now? Still, this episode was great because it came the closest to actually approaching the state of something happening.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 05-02-06 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-02-06, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I thought the montage using the show's theme song and showing the stakes for all the characters was actually pretty cool.
It was the music from House
Old 05-02-06, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How about how one baggie of peroxide could make 2 pairs of dark denim prison issue jackets and pants turn as white as snow
Old 05-02-06, 10:49 AM

I actually thought this was a pretty good episode! There was certainly no lack of tension!

The stakes are plenty darn high! I think it will be interesting to see how Tweener fits in to the plan... Michael obviously has plans for him in the escape for ratting them out.
Anyone else notice that Tweener didn't really have anything to hide his scent?

I'm figuring that he'll be a casualty during the escape since the dogs would find him quickly.
Old 05-02-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When that music started, I was hoping we were going to get a House/Prison Break crossover episode next week. Fox must have got a really good deal on that song from Massive Attack. Hopefully it will show up on 24 too. And maybe Family Guy.
Old 05-02-06, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez
Anyone else notice that Tweener didn't really have anything to hide his scent?

I'm figuring that he'll be a casualty during the escape since the dogs would find him quickly.
Yeah I noticed that too. That's why I thought Scofield was saving the shank for him.
Old 05-02-06, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tweener doesnt need to hide his scent since he has Avocado all over and inside him
Old 05-02-06, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
Tweener doesnt need to hide his scent since he has Avocado all over and inside him
Old 05-02-06, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
It was the music from House
D'oh! I knew it sounded familiar, and I just assumed it was Prison Break!
Old 05-02-06, 12:51 PM

Well played sir. Well played.
Old 05-02-06, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
ewwwww..
Old 05-03-06, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well things have to come to a head after this episode ! no teasing things out anymore

When is the next episode ?
Old 05-03-06, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This show is definately of the "leave your brain at the door" variety, but it's plenty fun.
Old 05-03-06, 09:21 AM

Abruzzi has something going on with the whole conspiracy as well - and we know the plane is only able to hold three people (one of whom is supposedly Veronica).
What gave you that idea? While it's definitely possible, I had figured that Abruzzi was going to use Veronica as leverage against Michael to get him to give up Fibonacci after they escaped, because he's guessing (and is probably right) that Michael's either going to not tell him or give him some bad information.

Of course, you could be right in that he's planning on holding on to her to make sure that the information was correct.
Old 05-03-06, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Well things have to come to a head after this episode ! no teasing things out anymore

You don't understand how TV works yet, do you? Next week will be all about Michael getting Pope to release Lincoln. And they'll have to do it without alerting everyone that something is up. Plus everyone will have to manuever into position and reach the doctors office. There will certainly complications with that. We also have the Bellick story to wrap up.

There's not a chance in hell we'll see them on the outside next week. If if we do, it will only be in the last 30 seconds.
Old 05-03-06, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
There's not a chance in hell we'll see them on the outside next week. If if we do, it will only be in the last 30 seconds.
Are you certain of that?

Spoiler:
The final episode looks to take place outside... and titled "Flight".
Old 05-03-06, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are you certain of that?

Spoiler:
The final episode looks to take place outside... and titled "Flight".
Of course I'm not certain. Still, I say the next episode takes place 95%-100% inside the prison. I wouldn't be surprised if the final episode has them getting away and wrapping up the Abruzzi/Fibonachi story. But I'm thinking next week will be more tail chasing ending with them in the process of leaving or just over the wall.
Old 05-03-06, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
How about how one baggie of peroxide could make 2 pairs of dark denim prison issue jackets and pants turn as white as snow
It certainly could depending on the concentration. Since it was being used for "industrial cleaning" this would not be the 3% solution that we regular folk can buy in the store. We have no idea how strong that stuff was.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.