DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Serious question: Any reason to keep watching Smallville? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/463817-serious-question-any-reason-keep-watching-smallville.html)

madcougar 04-29-06 10:39 PM

Serious question: Any reason to keep watching Smallville?

Ok, I have about 8 or 9 episodes of Smallville on my DVR. I was erasing some stuff I realized I was never going to watch and had to think about this one for a minute. I have watched every episode up until 100. I know all the shows shortcomings already, and honestly have grown rather frustrated with them. Can anyone give me some good reasons (with regard to anything substancial that's happened in the last eight episodes or so) to plod through a work day's worth of episodes?

SuperBatMan 04-29-06 11:05 PM

It's been revealed that somebody besides Chloe and Martha knows Clark's secret. A new couple has gotten together as well.

Other than that, not a whole lot has happened in the episodes since 'Reckoning'. You could probably ask for the answers to those questions and go right into watching the show this week. Only two more episodes of the season so they should be good.

DJariya 04-29-06 11:33 PM

I like the show and will keep watching until Clark finally puts on the cape.

As for having over 2 months worth of episodes on your DVR, I think if you haven't missed or even thought about watching it during that span, then maybe it's time for you to move on and quit the show. However, if there is one episode to watch among those it's "Reckoning." Very powerful and well acted episode.

dvd182 04-29-06 11:46 PM

Get out while you can! The writing on this show has been atrocious for far too long.

Rogue588 04-30-06 12:17 AM

:hscratch: didn't we just have a thread similar to this?

Rogue588 04-30-06 12:26 AM

ah. I was close.

Puzznic 04-30-06 12:27 AM

It may not be as good as it once was but it is still one of a handful of shows that I go out of my way to see every week. If you have them recorded then just fast forward through the boring parts.

The OC has fallen much farther than Smallville and I still watch that as well.

Lara Means 04-30-06 01:28 AM

This season has just been simply awful. No fan of Superman should have to suffer through this. How I put up with this shit for an entire season is beyond me. I dont think there was a single episode I liked. Good God!

Draven 04-30-06 02:55 AM

I've actually enjoyed this season. I bailed about 5 episodes in last season, but caught the finale and picked it back up. So I'm sticking with it!

Chauzer 04-30-06 03:50 AM

http://roflamethrower.com/uploader/uploads/lois_abs.gif

Draven 04-30-06 11:53 AM

That too - Lois is smokin'

SuperBatMan 04-30-06 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lara Means
This season has just been simply awful. No fan of Superman should have to suffer through this. How I put up with this shit for an entire season is beyond me. I dont think there was a single episode I liked. Good God!

First ten episodes- 9/10
Last ten episodes- 5/10

Michael Corvin 04-30-06 01:01 PM

-ohbfrank-

Is this Season of Smallville Worth Watching?

madcougar 04-30-06 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
As for having over 2 months worth of episodes on your DVR, I think if you haven't missed or even thought about watching it during that span, then maybe it's time for you to move on and quit the show.

It's not really a lack of interest, more than a lack of time. Last year I had several episodes of Lost on the DVR and found out about the big death thanks to a cover story on Entertainment Weekly. I just don't know if I want to invest about six hours into watching all of these episodes.

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Opps, sorry guys. Seriously didn't even think to search for this one.