TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Carnivale: Oh, the irony...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-06, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
Carnivale: Oh, the irony...

I'm sure a few others of you received this e-mail from HBO as well:

The HBO.com feature CARNIVALE: CREATING THE SCENE has been nominated for a 2006 People's Voice Webby Award. Check out CREATING THE SCENE for a behind-the-scenes look at the inspiration and the execution of four extraordinary scenes from CARNIVALEŽ. Show your support and register to vote at the 2006 People's Voice Webbys website, then go to the Media/Television category and cast your vote. The deadline to vote is May 5, 2006.

Wouldn't it be nice if HBO would show their support and not cancel shows that get so many people interested?

Well, who knows... maybe lots of voting for this will encourage them to at least follow through with the movie/miniseries/whatever that ties up the story.
Old 04-28-06, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by andicus
Well, who knows... maybe lots of voting for this will encourage them to at least follow through with the movie/miniseries/whatever that ties up the story.
To "tie up the story" as the creator Daniel Knauf intended, HBO would have to authorize four more seasons to complete the final two "chapters". I would say a book would be the closest your going to get to real resolution as most of the actors have since moved on to other projects. Nick Stahl alone is in four movies being produced this year and Clea DuVall is working on three...
Old 04-28-06, 05:03 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
I heard there was the possibility of a HBO movie or mini-series? I'd love to see either of those two happen.
Old 04-28-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The show's creator is going to be writing Iron Man for marvel in the next couple months. I'd rather him do a creator owned book or carnivale, but it's something.