ER - "No Place to Hide" - 4/27

Old 04-27-06, 04:22 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
ER - "No Place to Hide" - 4/27

"No Place to Hide"
Spoiler:
Abby senses something odd when a woman and her young granddaughter are brought into the ER; Pratt goes to Africa to help Carter and realizes how difficult life will be.
Old 04-27-06, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent.

I love just about every character on this show, and that's what makes it so great.

Pratt being baby eyed in Darfur was actually rather eye-opening to me as well, because everything I viewed was from a more naive angle. Not sure how much sense that makes, but it really struck a chord with me.

The story about the grandma, her grandchild, and their dog was very moving as well. Brought a tear to my eye when Ruthie was showing all the changes she's going to do just to keep taking care of her grandma.

Morris and Albright FINALLY letting the sexual tension get the better of their fights; cept I was VERY surprised SHE made the first move and that Morris actually seemed taken aback by it! Still, priceless.

And I REALLY like Linda Cardellini and what she brings to Sam, like I said, I REALLY like this ensemble cast!
Old 04-27-06, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Abby gets a dose of nostalgia and deja vu when a precocious 12 year pleads to be not be separated with her grandma stricken by dementia (paralleling her struggles growing up with her own crazy mother).

I wish Clemente would just exit stage left, he's just tiresome to watch.

Wasn't too into the Sam and deadbeat father of Alex subplot.

Too bad the promos gave away Morris and Albright getting all up in each other's grills after Morris one-ups her on a diagnosis.

Too bad the promos gave away Weaver's recovery via hip replacement surgery.

Too bad the promos alluded to some cast member kicking the bucket, but I didn't see one do so.

Pratt is in over his head in Darfur. His first day had to be an eye-opener to him. Laughed when he left his "girlfriend" someone else's earrings. Classic!
Old 04-27-06, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Frankly, I thought it was merely alright. I knew Carter and (by proxy) Africa would be in it, but I didn't think it'd take up the last half hour of the show.

And, didn't they say someone was going to die tonight?

Speculative Spoiler
I'm thinking the one that bites it is Gallant. I really hope not, but that's who i'm guessing. Clememte is just too obvious.
Old 04-27-06, 11:52 PM

ER nosedives everytime they have an episode based outside the hospital. This one was only a 50% nosedive.
Old 04-28-06, 02:37 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Outside of the Clemente story, I liked it. I think the decision to do the Darfur story with Pratt instead of Luka again was a good idea.