Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Unit, "SERE," 4.25.06

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-06, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
The Unit, "SERE," 4.25.06

Anyone here watch this one? I find this to be one of the best new shows on TV yet I don't hear much about.

This one was a little predictable, but the acting is great and the storylines are always compelling. Not sure when the finale is but I hope this one gets re-upped.
Old 04-25-06, 10:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another great ep from the Unit standpoint, another boring sidebar from the wives at home. Still worth watching for Haysbert and the team though...
Old 04-25-06, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How can a show be so good and suck so bad at the same time. Every week that wife has something to complain about and the cult leader wife tries to get her to go with the flow.

On the otherhand, the actual Unit storyline was pretty good.

D
Old 04-26-06, 12:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 posts and already banned!

The sooner one of these soldiers goes postal and shots the wives, the better. How dare the mother tell her daughter she cannot pray for her dad's protection.

Chris
Old 04-26-06, 03:51 AM
Banned

Does this sort of brutal anti-interrogation "testing" exist to this big of an extreme?

Of course, as long as it's just being done on US soldiers and terrorists are given their three squares a day, torture is okay.
Old 04-26-06, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I liked this episode a lot. I wonder if there is going to be any lingering effects on the team's morale after this. Anyway, again the wives really bogged the story down. It was nice that the wives were very secondary this episode but still everytime it switched away from the team I was like get back to the real story. I understand what the writers were trying to do, but having 2 differerent storylines every week just isn't cutting it, especially when one storyline (the wives) simply isn't interesting. I seriously doubt the show is pulling in any women viewers because some of the focus is on the wives, so just cut them out totally or put them in as an after thought during the last 5 minutes.
Old 04-26-06, 10:47 AM

I think their interrogation "testing" would have been a lot more believeable if all of the "enemy" soldiers were of Middle Eastern descent. The lead enemy soldier was black, the other soldiers were white and the head person calling all of the shots was a white woman.

It would have been much more realistic for them if they had to deal with authentic races and languages that will come up if they are actually captured and interrogated.

Chris
Old 04-26-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Crazy episode. I agree, though, that the home life stuff is just so unnecessary.
Old 04-26-06, 12:12 PM
Cool New Member

I enjoy the unit portion of the show as stated above, and have found the fast forward button on my tivo perfect for dealing with any scene that contains a wife. It also shortens it up to a half hour show.
Old 04-26-06, 12:57 PM

Though their ratings improved last week, CBS doesn't have the hit on their hands that they thought! And I'm pretty sure it is because of the wives stories.

Think of it. Remember the previews in the beginning? An action show about an elite group of soldiers who answer directly to the President. This of course would attract male viewers in the 18 to 35 range. But once they saw how much storyline the women were getting, the numbers have dwindled.

I wouldn't be surprised that if it is renewed for next year, that they tone down the wives role dramatically. Because, so far this series has been a tease, when it comes to the 'action' department!

Millions of viewers per week.

The Unit 18.50 18.06 15.50 16.08 15.44 14.12 15.62

Chris