Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. - 04/21/06

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-06, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The Theresa thing couldn't possibly be over. I see no reason for them to bring her in for one episode just to give Ryan a baby scare and then disappear again.

I'm really curious what gets Taylor to scream her head off at something in the previews of upcoming episodes.
Old 04-21-06, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
The Theresa thing couldn't possibly be over. I see no reason for them to bring her in for one episode just to give Ryan a baby scare and then disappear again.

I'm really curious what gets Taylor to scream her head off at something in the previews of upcoming episodes.
He is spot on for Ryan. Is there any doubt?
Old 04-21-06, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but that's so typical of the OC. Theresa comes and goes like the common cold; she never does any real damage though.
Old 04-21-06, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was reading in TV guide that there will be lots of changes next season due to the ratings dropping and the buzz stopping.
Old 04-21-06, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
I was reading in TV guide that there will be lots of changes next season due to the ratings dropping and the buzz stopping.
So is a Season 4 even in the cards? Fox actually has some bonafide hits these days(even without an American Karaoke lead-in) and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't wanna put up with a poorly rated and creatively bankrupt nighttime soap in its 3rd season.
Old 04-21-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
So is a Season 4 even in the cards? Fox actually has some bonafide hits these days(even without an American Karaoke lead-in) and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't wanna put up with a poorly rated and creatively bankrupt nighttime soap in its 3rd season.

Hey, if Beverly Hills 90210 could limp well past it's time - by at least 3 or 4 seasons it really shouldn't have - then The O.C. should be able to make it through one more.

While the show is still nowhere near as good as it's first season was, I still prefer watching it (in a mindless escapism way) over any similar type show on the air these days.

Besides, they need at least one more season to fix all the crap (especially that Sandy and Seth have gotten themselves into) that they've messed up this season. Or at least a chance to, anyway. I'll give 'em at least one more year.
Old 04-23-06, 02:39 AM

anna's fake tan looked like crap
Old 04-23-06, 07:17 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Anna Anna Anna !!

Kirsten was a real bitch chewing Sandy out at that dinner.
Old 04-24-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Well I thought it was a meh episode.

The more I actually sit and think about it they have really taken the characters someplace they don't belong (at least some of them).

I don't feel like I actually saw Sandy's downfall. I thought he was back to normal when he told that guy he was going to take him down. Then poof?!

And WTF with Kirstin? She would never stand for this. I call CRAP on her turning back to the bottle because this is all so hard. She'd stop Sandy before she let him walk out like that. And what happened to all that stuff about, "Oh Seth, I can do this because of you." Suddenly that's just gone?! I think not.

Oh look Theresa...whatever. F' that.

Then suddenly Marrisa feels for V for Vommit because he watched the Sound of Music?...right.

I'm most pissed about the Kirstin bit. I wanted to slap her for a) being a total bitch to Sandy like that, and b) drinking that glass

Here's to some Atwood kick-ass next week.
Old 04-24-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Oh yeah, isn't this Anna in the Daneil Powter music video for - Had a Bad Day?

I noticed that this morning while it was on.

http://www.samairearmstrong.net/gall...album=3&pos=46

She looks much better there than in the ep.
Old 04-24-06, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
Hey, if Beverly Hills 90210 could limp well past it's time - by at least 3 or 4 seasons it really shouldn't have - then The O.C. should be able to make it through one more.

While the show is still nowhere near as good as it's first season was, I still prefer watching it (in a mindless escapism way) over any similar type show on the air these days.

Besides, they need at least one more season to fix all the crap (especially that Sandy and Seth have gotten themselves into) that they've messed up this season. Or at least a chance to, anyway. I'll give 'em at least one more year.
In Entertainment Weekly last week therewas a small article talking about certain shows and their chance to make it. They said The OC was in Question for a while because it had a critcally disastrous season and viewers were abandoning the show. That and the buzz had stopped so there is some retooling going on for next year. Josh Swartz said he couldnt guarantee everyone would be back.
Old 04-25-06, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Comical recap of last week's episode:
http://www.tvgasm.com/archives/the_oc/002005.php