Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Who will be the Next Food Network Star?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the Next Food Network Star?
Guy
33.33%
Reggie
23.81%
They both svck
42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-06, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody else watching this? From day one I thought Guy would be the winner and Reggie would have been eliminated long ago. After the last episode, I'm kinda leaning towards Reggie. He's a little over the top with the "sassy" gay man behaviors, but his show has some direction compared to Guy's. Plus, I like the foods he prepares over Guy's.

Who's with me?
Old 04-17-06, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Guy has my vote. He's local, I know him and we go into Tex Wasabi often. I first met Guy years ago at Johnny Garlic's.
Old 04-17-06, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
[Triumph]Being the biggest star on the Food Network is like being the biggest flea on my left nut![/Triumph]
Old 04-17-06, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And whatever happened to the winners of the previous competition?
Old 04-17-06, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,308 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by Panda Phil
And whatever happened to the winners of the previous competition?
Their show "Party Line with the Hearty Brothers" is on Sunday morning.

I vote Guy. I should look up local gal Carissa
Old 04-18-06, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least I no longer have to look at Carissa's sparkly eye shadow. That was distracting. She is a pretty girl, but she needs to stay out of her Studio 54 makeup tray.

I liked Reggie until I just saw a repeat I had originally missed and he made a smart-ass remark about vegetarians. What-evah! It figures that the Food Network execs didn't even call him on it, because based on their programming they don't care whether or not veg*ans watch their network. (Would it kill them to have maybe 1 veggie show???)

I am surprised since his last name is Southerland and his schtick is soutehrn cooking, that his pilot show did not play on his name.

Guy just bugs me for some reason, I am not sure why. I am not sure how much of his persona is real or put-on. He will probably win though. I notice that when he says his last name- Fieri- it sounds like "Fietti". So I am always confused when I see/hear his name.

I'm glad that Midnight Oil dude Nathan was given the boot. His cocky attitude was too much and whenever he droned on about his convuluted recipes I had to wonder who would ever make them. He was too full of himself.
Old 04-18-06, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They did have a vegetarian show with a guy named Curtis. It was on for a while before they canned it.

Reggie gets my vote because of his personality.
Old 04-18-06, 06:58 AM

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by goofee girl
He's a little over the top with the "sassy" gay man behaviors, but his show has some direction compared to Guy's.
Dan and Steve, winners of the previous competition, are A LOT like that; I actually find them annoying.
Old 04-18-06, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Nothing will top seeing that tool Nathan get bounced. I loved when Bobby Flay slammed him and said, "I think you confuse being complicated with being sophisticated." That being said, I think Guy should win. If Reggie were a straight white guy instead of a big, gay black guy with man-teats, he would have been bounced early. Carissa and (I hate to say it) Nathan were both better than him.
Old 04-18-06, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TomOpus
Their show "Party Line with the Hearty Brothers" is on Sunday morning.

I vote Guy. I should look up local gal Carissa
www.simplycarissa.com

She actually is an old girlfriend of mine. She was a year behind me in school. She was an amazing athlete. I've been watching just because I thought she dropped off the map, but after the local paper ran an article about it I looked her up on her website and finally got in touch with her again. She's engaged now. Actually, she came back to town last week and we were suppose to hang, but she tends to just hang out at her mom's old bar, and I'm not crazy about it.

I thought she would beat out Mr. ButterSugarCream and eventually lose to Guy. Once you get past his hair, he does a very good job.
Old 04-18-06, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia

Guy just bugs me for some reason, I am not sure why. I am not sure how much of his persona is real or put-on. He will probably win though. I notice that when he says his last name- Fieri- it sounds like "Fietti". So I am always confused when I see/hear his name.

I'm glad that Midnight Oil dude Nathan was given the boot. His cocky attitude was too much and whenever he droned on about his convuluted recipes I had to wonder who would ever make them. He was too full of himself.
Guy trills the 'r' in his last name which is why it sounds funny sometimes. And I was also so thrilled to see Nathan leave. He was wayyyy too cocky and had a bad attitude when the attention wasn't solely on him.
Old 04-18-06, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Vipper II
Dan and Steve, winners of the previous competition, are A LOT like that; I actually find them annoying.
Yes! They made an appearance and I could never sit through more than a few minutes of them talking!
Old 04-18-06, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kvrdave
www.simplycarissa.com

She actually is an old girlfriend of mine. She was a year behind me in school. She was an amazing athlete. I've been watching just because I thought she dropped off the map, but after the local paper ran an article about it I looked her up on her website and finally got in touch with her again. She's engaged now. Actually, she came back to town last week and we were suppose to hang, but she tends to just hang out at her mom's old bar, and I'm not crazy about it.

I thought she would beat out Mr. ButterSugarCream and eventually lose to Guy. Once you get past his hair, he does a very good job.
Very cool!

Wait.... you've already had her?

Uh, so much for my plans to woe her from her fiance. It would be too weird to hear "Dave did it this way..." or "Dave always loved to...."
Old 04-18-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk God

She didn't wear so much makeup back then. She was the state cross country champion at least 3 years in a row. It was truly freaky becuase if you put your hand on her stomach, it was similar to putting it on a washboard. She was pure muscle.

But don't worry, I think she and I would classify ourselves mainly as friends who happened to date for a few months...so you still have a chance.

I may have to dig up some old photos of her so you can see what a cutie she was.
Old 04-18-06, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by goofee girl
Guy trills the 'r' in his last name which is why it sounds funny sometimes. And I was also so thrilled to see Nathan leave. He was wayyyy too cocky and had a bad attitude when the attention wasn't solely on him.

Nathan was awful. "Here is a list of ingredients you've never heard of, that I will use to make a dish you won't want, but so that you think I'm smart, here are a bunch of facts you don't care about."
Old 04-19-06, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kvrdave
Nathan was awful. "Here is a list of ingredients you've never heard of, that I will use to make a dish you won't want, but so that you think I'm smart, here are a bunch of facts you don't care about."
"My niece just loves hot wings and I make them for her on the weekends. Which has absolutely nothing to do do with the dish I will be cooking today.

Its a Peruvian apple and rhubarb strudel made with clarified butter,almond flour, maple sugar, and Cinnamon infused rum. Served with a goats milk Creme' Brulee, drizzled with an apricot and Huckleberry reduction, sprinkled with chopped persimmon for garnish."
Old 04-19-06, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When I did my family tree, I discovered my great-grandmother's maiden name was Lyon, so everytime I saw Nathan, I wondered if perhaps we were distant cousins.

God, I hope not.
Old 04-19-06, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Thrush
"My niece just loves hot wings and I make them for her on the weekends. Which has absolutely nothing to do do with the dish I will be cooking today.
Every time he talked about all his huge older brothers, I couldn't help but think of that recent study that found that with every older brother a man has, it increases the chances that he is gay.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. But I'm just sayin'.
Old 04-20-06, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
When I did my family tree, I discovered my great-grandmother's maiden name was Lyon, so everytime I saw Nathan, I wondered if perhaps we were distant cousins.

God, I hope not.
What do you mean? Don't you even admit that you wouldn't want to be related to a man who thinks he's perfect in every way because he keeps himself in perfect physical condition. That winning smile will surpass every possible flaw you own. And to be in your mid-thirties with no possible hope of a long-term relationship...

Yeah. I'm glad he's gone.
Old 04-23-06, 06:07 PM

Winner to be announced tonight!
Old 04-23-06, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And the winner is....
Spoiler:
A man named GUY

He's gonna be on the CBS Early Show Monday morning, if you wanna check it out.
Old 04-24-06, 08:30 AM

Missed his morning show. Did anybody see it?
Old 04-24-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Went by Tex Wasabi's last night when I was on duty downtown and caught the end of the 6pmPT/9pmET feed they had on the tube.

We all went nuts when Guy won, it was great.
Old 04-24-06, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice to see the obvious, best person win. Still, Carissa deserved to be in the final over the P.C. pick Reggie.
Old 04-25-06, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was OK with Reggie until his final show demo, when everything was a girl and "sassy". That annoyed the hell out of me.

I liked Guy, and I am hoping some of his recipes are good to try at home, a little more laid back than some of the other stuff.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.