Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

whats the word on The Evidence?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-06, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats the word on The Evidence?

is this show gonna make it? i dont see any upcoming listings for episodes on my DVR. were 4 episodes enough? granted i wasnt blown away by the show, my wife took a liking to it
Old 04-15-06, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was wondering the same thing. The show itself isn't that good.. but I'm interested in the wife's murder. Something tells me we'll never find out.
Old 04-15-06, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've tried to watch this twice, but the characters seem very poorly written.

Plus, the evidence presented is typically not very useful. On the last one, there were four dead bodies with gunshot wounds at close range. That doesn't seem much more useful than any other cop show, except they give us a small glimpse into the events before the crime. Both times I tried to watch the show, neither of those events shown were of much consequence. If they're trying to get people involved in the show by trying to solve the mysteries, I don't think they're doing a very good job.
Old 04-15-06, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I read that 6 episodes were produced. Maybe they will burn off those last 2 this summer. Once I heard the episode order was cut from 13 to 6, I knew this show was already in trouble.
Old 04-15-06, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
I feel duped. I thought we were going to see the evidence, then we would be able to figure out what happened.
But all they do is show it up front, then a few minutes later they're at the murder scene and they get most of the evidence there.
What's the point of showing it to us up front?
Old 06-06-06, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looks like they're burning the final episodes starting this Saturday:

http://66.51.173.18/newswire.aspx?id=7171

Tuesday, June 6, 2006
ABC Gives 'The Evidence' Final Run on Saturdays
By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC is bringing back its short-lived drama "The Evidence" as the series will rejoin the network's schedule this Saturday at 10:00/9:00c.

"The Evidence" will take over for "Grey's Anatomy," which was set to air repeats in the slot for the next three weeks.

Among the previously unaired episodes set to broadcast - "Yi vs. Li" (June 10), "Wine and Die" (June 17) and "Stringers" (June 24). A fourth shelved installment is also believed to be airing on July 1.

The series, which spelled "Invasion" for four weeks this past spring, averaged a modest 7.87 million viewers and 3.0 rating/8 share among adults 18-49 during its brief run.

Originally given a 13-episode order, an ABC spokesperson confirmed in March that its order was trimmed to six installments (read the story). However, in light of these scheduling updates, it seems said cut was actually made to eight episodes.