Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Unit "Security" 4/11 (for those still watching)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

granted there haven't been a thread on this show recently. What did everyone think of tonights episode? Robert Patrick gave a great performance tonight, letting someone on the unit go because his wife talked with some people, and got many people killed.
I know Molly suspected something regarding Tiffy, but Tiffy had an excuse that she was there because a husband was beating on his wife, and the wife came to her, when in fact, that was bs, as Tiffy is sleeping with Col. Ryan. Also a clever move by Jonas at the end of the episode.
Old 04-11-06, 11:23 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Decent ep. tonight. Though, to be honest, I am starting to lose interest in this show.
Old 04-11-06, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Tivo missed this, because House and Veronica Mars had higher priority. (I forgot to re-adjust things since VM was moved, since that is repeat 3x a week).

I am kind of bummed because I have been enjoying the show. I will have to find another way to watch it. I wish the show was available on iTunes.
Old 04-12-06, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They really, really have to kill the Wives storyline if they want to save this show.

D
Old 04-12-06, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
yes, I agree that the wives' storylines are just painful to sit through. the other storylines can be a bit slow-moving too. the show's ok but not one of my favorites but I'll keep watching. I don't know if this show will get a green light for more episodes.
Old 04-12-06, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger
I don't know if this show will get a green light for more episodes.
I thought I heard it was doing great in the ratings? Of course, those CBS ads always pull numbers out of their asses: "40 trillion people watched The Unit last week!"
Old 04-12-06, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I felt it was nothing more than cheating the audience when the team got back to the embassy and continued with the sour expressions. It was so obvious what was going down when Bob pointed out the open lock and then proceeded to fondle the security guy.

I still liked though.

And at least Ranjit can continue to believe he pulled one over on Cerrano.
Old 04-12-06, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm still digging the show, and to be honest, I thought I would hate the wive's part of it, but I really don't.
Old 04-12-06, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts
I thought the espionage stuff was pretty good last night. Figured the "Jewish" guy planted the bug in the car, but didn't realize it was part of the plan to get him kicked out of the embassy. Kind of a different change of pace with this one. I don't recall any of them pulling their weapons, or at least shooting someone. Shows that they do different things.
Old 04-12-06, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's too bad they can't have Mamet writing every episode, classic dialogue in this one.
Old 04-12-06, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Meatpants
It's too bad they can't have Mamet writing every episode, classic dialogue in this one.
Maybe it is just me, but while the dialogue has a unique sound to it, alot of it doesn't really sound natural to my ear (but i have gotten used to it), i had the same problem with "spartan" as well.
Old 04-12-06, 11:40 AM

CBS should be sued for how they promoted this show. It was supposed to be an action orientated show about an elite group of soldiers who only answer to the President.

Instead we get sex, lies, cheating and drama from the wives of the soldiers.

Even the Iranian embassy storyline had zero action last night. It had a little suspense, but that was about it.

These #'s show that the audience is losing interest in the show also.

Millions of viewers each week.

18.50 18.06 15.50 16.08 15.44

Here are last nights #'s:

FOX held onto the top spot at 9 p.m. as "House" delivered a 12.9/20. "The Unit," 8.9/14, kept CBS in second.

I'm not sure how many millions that is, but whoever said that this show got better after the first episode was 100% wrong. I'm going to give this show a couple of more weeks and it looks great in HD. But, they need to make the unlikable wives storyline a minor part of the show and add a LOT more action to this action orientated show or I will probably stop watching it.

Chris
Old 04-12-06, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice ep last night, but I have to admit the wives segments are bugging the hell out of me. They have to be some of the worst wives on record (I'm not an expert on military wives, so I'm ignorant on this matter),-the Unit's next mission should be to take them all out! Haysbert is great on this show, and it's nice to see him carry a series, but I'd really like to see more action.
Old 04-16-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by the big train
I felt it was nothing more than cheating the audience when the team got back to the embassy and continued with the sour expressions. It was so obvious what was going down when Bob pointed out the open lock and then proceeded to fondle the security guy.

I still liked though.

And at least Ranjit can continue to believe he pulled one over on Cerrano.
Funny you mention Cerrano. I watched Major League last night and realized he was Dennis Haybert. Never knew.

On the show's note. The really need to drop the wives. Ugh.
Old 04-16-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I understand that they're trying to establish Scott Foley's character as the strong second lead, but it's starting to seriously get annoying to me that he's the focus of whatever happens every single week.
Old 04-16-06, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I still don't know why Scott Foley gets acting work, he has as much charisma as a wet noodle.
Old 04-16-06, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I actually liked Foley well enough in Felicity, but he was never the focus. He needs to not be the focus here, either. He's the worst thing about the show save for the wives. If they had a better lead in his place and had him as a supporting actor, I'd be a lot happier.

I'm pulling for a second season, though I think perhaps it might be good to hold the show for midseason. Give us a plot that moves from episode to episode that doesn't involve the women, and have the women doing ramdom stuff that doesn't keep going from episode to episode. Perhaps they can be useful in LOST-style flashback sequences or something. There are parts of the show with potential, but the parts that suck really need to go.
Old 04-16-06, 10:23 PM

one of my favorite shows. Hope they don't cancel n get an extra season.
Old 04-18-06, 10:01 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

(sorry, didn't feel like starting a new thread since there aren't too many replies)

Good episode tonight - first time the wives' storyline didn't annoy me. Thought it would be an interruption to the team's story, but the homefront story was interesting in it's own right.

Could be because there wasn't the repetitive adultery storyline this time around.

FUBAR mission was a nice touch, showing not every mission can be a success.
Old 04-18-06, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: 4-19 Episode.

Yes, the wives' storyline actually was interesting for once. Though it didn't hurt to have an exotic dancer in the mix. I knew it wasn't going to happen but I still was hoping Kim would get up and dance!

Liked the Snake Doctor name. Though I noticed he had his helmet off during the gunfire?

And please tell me that we use better helicopters than that out there.
Old 04-18-06, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This might have been my favorite episode. Why? Because neither Tiffy or the Colonel made an appearance. I'm sorry but that storyline simply is not interesting to me. I just can't imagine how they could possibly keep going with that storyline. Jonas' wife already knows about it, Bob's wife already caught them but believed the coverstory, so what else can they do? Maybe Bob's wife will catch them again. At least Jonas' wife and Bob's wife add something to the show. Tiffy and even the Colonel are in the show simply so they can commit adultery together. I say drop the Tiffy/Colonel storyline altogether, have the first 50 minutes of the show be 100% about the mission and then leave the last 10 minutes for the homelife stuff, but include the men as well. For example I liked the part of this episode when Jonas was working on the house--it shows another side of the guys. It's cool to have the homelife stuff, but it should be at the end of the episode and should include the entire family--not just the wives.
Old 04-19-06, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by whoopdido
have the first 50 minutes of the show be 100% about the mission and then leave the last 10 minutes for the homelife stuff,
But what about the commercials?

This was one of the better shows. Why? Because it concentrated more on The Unit and not the wives or the adultry. And yes, not everyone came back home alive.

Chris
Old 04-19-06, 02:43 AM

Was the 4/18 episode "Dedication"? I quit watching this show after about 3 episodes but was waiting for the Gale Harold episode. Was he on last night? Was it much of a role?
Old 04-19-06, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by rkndkn
Was the 4/18 episode "Dedication"? I quit watching this show after about 3 episodes but was waiting for the Gale Harold episode. Was he on last night? Was it much of a role?
Yes it was. He looks vaguely familiar, but I don't remember his role last night. So maybe it wasn't such a large role. He may have been on the team that was wiped out.

Chris
Old 04-19-06, 03:59 PM

Thanks, mrpayroll -- I guess I didn't miss much.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.