Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 04/06/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be voted off the island tonight?
Aras
5.88%
Austin
64.71%
Bruce
0%
Cirie
0%
Courtney
0%
Danielle
0%
Sally
5.88%
Shane
11.76%
Terry (has hidden immunity idol)
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-06, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Episode Title:
Spoiler:
"The Power of the Idol" Episode #1209.

The return of the individual poll!!! So, who's going home tonight?
Old 04-06-06, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It'll be Austin more than likely. I would love for things to get shaken up, but I predict all the previews are just false hope.
Old 04-06-06, 09:59 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Austin is DOOMED unless he manages a win in the immunity challenge, in which case it's Sally turn to die.
Old 04-06-06, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Terry is the man.
Old 04-06-06, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And the Pagonging of LaMina continues!
Old 04-06-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
FUCK YOU BRUCE. Why didn't you vote for Aras?
Old 04-06-06, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 279 Likes on 175 Posts
nice "coconut" shot during the coconut challenge
Old 04-06-06, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

CBS should be an uncensored version of Survivor in a DVD
Old 04-06-06, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Well, now everyone will know Terry has the idol. And I think that puts him in a big place of power. To vote Terry out, each person has to first risk being voted out. I don't think any of them is willing to take that risk for the alliance and someone will flop.
Old 04-06-06, 08:09 PM

Received 812 Likes on 528 Posts
I'm sad to see Austin go.

Not quite sure what's going through Terry's head, but I've got faith in him that he'll pull through.
Old 04-06-06, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't understand why Terry is letting his La Mina teamates get voted off.
Why couldn't he have given the idol to Austin just in case.
If they would have voted Sally off then Austin could have given it back to Terry. They could have voted off Aras tonight.

What's with Bruce ? He told Terry he would vote with them then he stabs them in the back. I hope he goes next.
Old 04-06-06, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, it's official. Bruce really is as stupid as he seems. And good thing Danielle has big tits cause she's not much brighter. What a golden opportunity she just passed up. It'll serve them both right when things go down just as Terry said they would.
Old 04-06-06, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Boot
Well, it's official. Bruce really is as stupid as he seems. And good thing Danielle has big tits cause she's not much brighter. What a golden opportunity she just passed up. It'll serve them both right when things go down just as Terry said they would.
So true. This show almost never delivers anymore.

Danielle is most popular, I see, for the giant knockers, but she's the only one of the 6 that I can stand.

The other group was so much better, SALLY is flying under radar from fans it seems but she's a total gamer (the last part of the immunity was slanted towards a physical male, it should have combined smarts with strength-it was amazing Sally got so close), and I can't see what the group of 6 had to offer Danielle that would have been better than that idol.

So I'm guessing she said no because she knew Bruce wasn't flipping. But then what can Bruce be thinking? Does he really not see that his group can't really stand him?
Old 04-06-06, 10:36 PM

So if Danielle did vote for Aras would she still have gotten the immunity idol even though Bruce didnt flip? Guess it's pointless to ask, but at least he didnt waste the idol. Would have loved to see an Austin vs Aras castoff challenge.

Cant believe this bunch of jokers being controlled by shane and aras...What an opportunity to have that idol in your possession! What a freakin idiot! I hope they find a way to vote Danielle and Bruce off the same night. They deserve it.

I thought it was gonna be the biggest flop of the century, especially seeing Terry and Austin not even bothering to hide their smiles, and with Shane guaranteeing that no two people would flip. Man that would have made for good TV.
Old 04-06-06, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hate to say it but Terry is a frickin stud.
Old 04-06-06, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I am done with this show.... when Probst changed the out come of the reward challange by telling Sally to go back for the flag, that changed the whole out come of the game. He should not get involved. In my book the "fix" is in.
Old 04-06-06, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Boot
Who's to say things are going down the way Terry say's they will? I don't think Bruce had nothing to gain from flipping, for he still would have been at the bottom of the pecking order in a group of him, Terry, Austin, Sally, and Danielle. And in Danielle's case, if she had flipped then there would have immediately went her chance of winning the whole thing for her betrayed teamates would have never voted to give her the money.

Her best bet I think is to stick with Courtney and Cirie and hope that Terry loses the next immunity challenge, which would force him to use the idol and then hope that one of the guys (Aras or Shane) has the next highest amount of votes. But the thing is, it seems that Terry is never goes lose another IC, which is really gonna mess up their plans. Courtney was really hoping that the idol would have been used at TC, since Aras would have been outta there, which wouldn't have upset her one bit.
Old 04-06-06, 11:01 PM

I also dont like how Probst calls every strategy out at tribal council. LIke he watches the tapes before hand and calls them on it.
Old 04-06-06, 11:11 PM

Okay how would this work? There are 8 left on Survivor with a 6-2 alliance. If Terry doesnt win the next IC, then it would take 5 votes to vote him off, if they wanted to force him to use his idol. Which they would do if they thought Terry and Sallys votes would get either Aras or Shane off the island. So they could get Terry to use the idol, and get rid of Shane or Aras, and still have numbers for the alliance. But if Terry keeps winning, and who has the coconuts to beat him, it really won't matter.
Old 04-06-06, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by monkyskunk
. And in Danielle's case, if she had flipped then there would have immediately went her chance of winning the whole thing for her betrayed teamates would have never voted to give her the money.

That's a big reason why this show is close to being completely dead for me; because the jury has become the biggest liability to the game. Probst getting into people's heads when he shouldn't is another.

There was a time, early on, when you could get away with a flopper taking a chance and making a big move and know that there would be bitterness but that, at the end of it all, the jury would respect the fact that they got played and out-lasted and that was PART of the game.

For too long now the jury members have been idiots who hold a grudge no matter what and there hasn't been a really strong finalist who was able to swing votes lost due to anger with an intelligent, passionate speech about what Survivor is all about.

You piss people off even a little bit and you're only chance of winning is that the person next to you is hated even more. From time to time, you get a player who runs away with things and just plain deserves to win, but when it's close, it's a popularity contest and the constant teases that the producers are resorting to now more often and more annoyingly are that something big is going to happen and it never (rarely) does.
Old 04-06-06, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At first I thought it was dumb of Terry to reveal the idol at this point, but it actually could work in his favor because now, no one knows whether or not he has it or if he's passed it onto someone else. And it made sense for him to NOT give it to Austin because in the next round, it's either him or Sally. And if the immunity challenge comes down to him and Sally, he can just let Sally win and both of them could then wait to see who gets voted off amongst the other 6. THAT would be a good opportunity to finally convince Bruce and Danielle over. When they finally feel their ass on the line, they'll be more motivated to vote with the two people who can't be voted off.

From the Bruce and Danielle perspective, I can actually see why they didn't flop yet. If they did at this point and they succeeded in getting rid of Aras, Shane, Cireen, and Courtney, they'd be down 2 against 3. Get rid of one more - Austin - and now if they flop, they'll have better odds.
Old 04-06-06, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by SunMonkey
Well, now everyone will know Terry has the idol. And I think that puts him in a big place of power. To vote Terry out, each person has to first risk being voted out. I don't think any of them is willing to take that risk for the alliance and someone will flop.
If neither Terry nor Sally gets immunity next week, the 6 could do this:
vote three for Terry and three for Sally. Force a tie vote and then vote 4 to 2 for Terry (I think the two people Terry and Sally cannot vote). Terry is forced to use the idol and then Sally is voted off.
Really, the team I always like ends up on the short and gets picked off. At least last season ... I was happy on who eventually won.
Old 04-07-06, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I have no idea what Terrys strategy is.
Old 04-07-06, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by chowderhead
vote three for Terry and three for Sally. Force a tie vote and then vote 4 to 2 for Terry (I think the two people Terry and Sally cannot vote). Terry is forced to use the idol and then Sally is voted off.
Really, the team I always like ends up on the short and gets picked off. At least last season ... I was happy on who eventually won.
Brilliant! Geez, I wouldn't last 2 seconds on this show...
Old 04-07-06, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chowderhead
That's a big if though. That tribe's been kicking ass during the individual immunity challenges. Terry is quite obviously a monster at immunity challenges. Sally actually looks much better at them than people think. I'd be shocked if one of them didn't win the next one as well.

Last edited by hahn; 04-07-06 at 03:08 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.