Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Prison Break -- "By The Skin And The Teeth" -- 03/27/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I am totally against the abuse of women, but that VP needs to get beat down Ike Turner-style. I hated that bitch on "Thirtysomething" and I hate her on this show.
Old 03-28-06, 09:29 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
You know that an episode is bad when the most believable plot point is the deus ex machina at the beginning.
Old 03-28-06, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a guy that needs to get out of prison so soon he sure wastes his time he walked around underground like he had all the time in the world. Next weeks episode should be one of the best.
Old 03-28-06, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Wow. I thought for certain Lincoln was dead. What a twist!!!

das
You ARE being sarcastic, right?

This show has absolutely no suspense whatsoever. Did anybody (and I mean ANYBODY) think that Lincoln was going to get fried? And did anybody (and I mean ANYBODY) think that the guards were going to find them hiding the concrete in the guard house? And did anybody (and I mean ANYBODY) think that Michael was going to be discovered missing from his cell? I mean, come on! If ANY of these things happened, voila, the show's over.

If they want to build suspense, they really need to get better writers -- writers that know how to create situations that put these characters in believable jeopardy.
Old 03-28-06, 10:57 AM

This show has absolutely no suspense whatsoever.
Everyone knows they are going to get of course but they don't know how or when. Beside for the fact that they are going to get out no one can say this show is predictable.
Old 03-28-06, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It has been really weird, with the first half of the season being really interesting or suspenseful, but these past 2 episodes of the 2nd half have been just marking time or treading water, it seems.
Old 03-28-06, 11:43 AM

Did anyone really see him getting burned badly enough that he would have to go to medical?

Doubtful.

Stuff does happen to them to curb their escape, but its rare.
Old 03-28-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by xVladx
I got the impression that she's going to think that a guard was responsible for burning him.

Agree, and they're going to use this in a different angle which Michael can use to his advantage...
Old 03-28-06, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Flave
You ARE being sarcastic, right?

This show has absolutely no suspense whatsoever. Did anybody (and I mean ANYBODY) think that Lincoln was going to get fried? And did anybody (and I mean ANYBODY) think that the guards were going to find them hiding the concrete in the guard house? And did anybody (and I mean ANYBODY) think that Michael was going to be discovered missing from his cell? I mean, come on! If ANY of these things happened, voila, the show's over.

If they want to build suspense, they really need to get better writers -- writers that know how to create situations that put these characters in believable jeopardy.

I hear ya... but i think as a viewer, we're suck in by the drama. Yes, we can reasonably guess what's gonna happen and the points mentioned above are pretty "obvious" since they have to that else the show has to turn into a totally different angle. However, ever watched a movie version of a book that you read maybe a few times? You know the ending or almost every plots, but if the movie is good (or even okay), you still go along with it

I'm not saying Prison Break is great, but it's something you can enjoy w/o thinking too much (alot of things don't make sense if you think too hard, but if it's too obvious, then it's not good).
Old 03-28-06, 03:58 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 261 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
Wow. I thought for certain Lincoln was dead. What a twist!!!

das
Old 03-28-06, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Two episodes into the spring portion of "Prison Break's" freshman season, Fox has given the suspense drama a full-season pickup for fall.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060329/...prisonbreak_dc

possible spoilers in the link above...
Old 03-29-06, 12:40 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
T Bag is a great character and the actor is very good. You really can picture him molesting dead children and yeah u truly want to see him get clipped but at the same time you need someone to hate