TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Love "Home Invasion" 3/26/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-06, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Big Love "Home Invasion" 3/26/06

Spoiler:
Despite being admonished by Bill for her spendthrift ways, Nicki tries to throw an extravagant birthday party at a hotel resort for her 5-year-old son Wayne. Meanwhile, Bill installs a "perimeter of defense" around his home; Barb tries to keep the family's secret hidden from their neighbors; Margene stands up for herself; and Bill is alarmed when Home Plus gets an unwanted visitor.

And yes, this episode has been on Comcast all week On Demand. I'm waiting for the HD feed tonight, though. Let's keep spoilers out of this thread until the epsidoe airs tonight. Thanks!
Old 03-26-06, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was also on Time Warner On Demand. Pretty good episode. I'll probably re-watch it in HD.
Old 03-26-06, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I thought this was a pretty good ep as well. I watched in last night. This show has certainly been a great showcase for Harry Dean Stanton. I can't remember for sure the last thing I saw him in, but I've thought that he has been so great on this show.

But I have really mixed views on this show. It's definitely done well and I think the acting is really strong. But most of the characters really creep me out, and yet I'm still drawn to watch it.
Old 03-26-06, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I should have just waited to watch it in HD tonight, but I have 0% self-control...This show just gets better and better as they continue to flesh the characters out more.
Old 03-26-06, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great episode, really enjoyed seeing the interaction of the compound people and the family.

Spoiler:
Looks like things heat up next week.
Old 03-26-06, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Can he divorce wife #2?
Old 03-26-06, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is divorce even an option?

What, exactly IS the marital status in regards to polygamy? I'm sure THEY would insist that marriage is a religious institution, and not a legal one, but I have to wonder if marriage licences were filed. Is it just a case of ceremonies bening performed without papers being filed? If the church recognizes the other marriages but the government doesn't, is there anything a lawyer can do to claim alimony?

So what's the official consesus here - was the iPod stolen or given as a gift? (Would she even know how to use it without someone showing her? Does she have access to a computer to download?)

And who else is impressed to learn that Tower sells DVDs AND videos!

Last edited by wergo; 03-26-06 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-27-06, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think she stole the ipod. Earlier in the episode she was talking about New York and stuff. Also, Chloe's mom on the series said something about materialism, so I think Harry Dean Stanton doesn't give his wives shit while he's driving around in a hummer with gps.

Also, did anyone else think of Aliens when Bill Paxton was freaking out because his second wife was throwing the party at a hotel? It's just reminded me so much of his whole "we're screwed man" speech.

Last edited by Michael Ballack; 03-27-06 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-27-06, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I get the feeling that there may be something going on with The youngest wife and the oldest son. Or that it may be headed in that direction.
Old 03-27-06, 07:02 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by wergo
And who else is impressed to learn that Tower sells DVDs AND videos!
I'm even more impressed that she managed to buy a gift certificate there, since they don't have any locations in Utah.
Old 03-27-06, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Ok, so now we know that the Prophet has 15% of the business because he bailed Bill out of financial trouble when Wife #1 had cancer.

Wife #2 is a fuck up, who was brought in to babysit, and wanted a family so bad, that she begged to be in on it
Old 03-27-06, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

you mean wife #3 was a babysitter...

Finally this show is really working for me. I didn't HATE the first two episodes, but they didn't grab me...now after this episode, I'm in for the ride. The look on Wayne's face at his birthday was hilarious... "did my mother invite any children to my party?". Chloe Sevigny still bugs the shit out of me and her character, like her mother said, really does deserve a good beating, hopefully Bill will give her one sometime.

Margine is HOT and something may be brewing with the son (I mean, come on, if that was your stepmom, you'd hit it). Looking forward to next week.

MATT
Old 03-27-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Thrush
I get the feeling that there may be something going on with The youngest wife and the oldest son. Or that it may be headed in that direction.
Yup. Two weeks in a row now those two have had potentially questionable interactions.

I thought it was silly though to have the pony set off the alarms at the end.
So we are expected to believe that the people (looked like that lady in the cowboy outfit) that brought the pony for the party just forgot about it and left it there?!
Old 03-27-06, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
I think she stole the ipod.
Yeah looks like she did.

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
Also, did anyone else think of Aliens when Bill Paxton was freaking out because his second wife was throwing the party at a hotel? It's just reminded me so much of his whole "we're screwed man" speech.

Heh heh yup. When the alarms went off I was waiting to hear...

They cut the power.

Whadaya mean they cut the power? They're animals man, how could they cut the power?!?
Old 03-27-06, 11:01 AM

this show has so many creepy social moments...yet I can't seem to turn away!
Old 03-27-06, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I keep watching the show, but am not sure I'd watch it if it wasn't on right after the Sopranos. Cox on Demand had episode #3 available and I didn't bother with it until the regular broadcast.
Old 03-27-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a kick out of the normally quiet girl's reaction when she set off the alarm system
Old 03-27-06, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mdc3000
you mean wife #3 was a babysitter...

Margine is HOT and something may be brewing with the son (I mean, come on, if that was your stepmom, you'd hit it). Looking forward to next week.

MATT
Yes, yes i would.
I kinda thought from last weeks episode that he(the oldest son) and his friends were secret partners. Since his friend became so jealous of the girl at the drive in. He does seem very interested in Margine though, makes sense since they can't be that far apart in age,and I apologize for sounding sexist, but is one fine piece of ass.
Old 03-27-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When the show started someone said that the show was a non-judgemental look at polygamy. I think they lied, because if what Bill Paxton went through last nite doesn't say do not have more than one wife, I don't know what does.
Old 03-27-06, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just don't get this show... I like it & I get the storyline. But I'm just finding myself not really being entertained. I've watched all 3 episodes twice, but it just seems, blah.
Old 03-27-06, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by paradicelost
I kinda thought from last weeks episode that he(the oldest son) and his friends were secret partners. Since his friend became so jealous of the girl at the drive in.
His friend got that way because religiously they believe stuff like that at that age is immoral/wrong/whatever.
Old 03-27-06, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by mikewendt
I just don't get this show... I like it & I get the storyline. But I'm just finding myself not really being entertained. I've watched all 3 episodes twice, but it just seems, blah.

I tend to agree.
Old 03-27-06, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvd182
His friend got that way because religiously they believe stuff like that at that age is immoral/wrong/whatever.
That was my second thought, but I was somewhat religous in high school and I had friends that were uber-religous but none of them ever kept me from getting laid.
Old 03-27-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Originally Posted by paradicelost
Yes, yes i would.
I kinda thought from last weeks episode that he(the oldest son) and his friends were secret partners. Since his friend became so jealous of the girl at the drive in. He does seem very interested in Margine though, makes sense since they can't be that far apart in age,and I apologize for sounding sexist, but is one fine piece of ass.
I was thinking the same thing, that the oldest son and his friend maybe had a little something on the side. His reaction at the drive-in kinda reinforced that, but then we heard the "real" reason why he was objecting. I'm still not completely sure though. Afterall, I never had a conversation with one of my friends about my boners. I just found it a bit strange.
Old 03-28-06, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mikewendt
I agree with you as well, at least so far. I also felt the same about a lot of the early Carnivale and Deadwood episodes, though. Carnivale's whole first season moved at a slower than molasses pace, and Deadwood only kept me interested in the early going through Swearengen and EB's lines.

Either way, I will keep watching though, as it is at least something fresh, and because there aint a damn thing else on in that time slot that I would watch (7 pm here with DirecTV).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.