Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 9 -- 3/21/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be eliminated on Leg 3b?
Lake & Michelle (Team Dad Gummit!)
16.67%
Danielle & Dani (Double Ds)
5.56%
BJ & Tyler (Team TTOW!)
0%
Ray & Yolanda (Team zzz...)
0%
David & Lori (Team Schmoopy)
8.33%
Joseph & Monica (Team zzz... Boobies!)
0%
Wanda & Desiree (Team Hot Daughter/Crazy Mother)
5.56%
Eric & Jeremy (Team Blue Balls?)
2.78%
Fran & Barry (Team Just Give Up, Already!)
55.56%
No one (seriously?)
5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 9 -- 3/21/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Derrich
The Jock team is so uber-hetero that the more I see them, the more I think they're gay. I mean what guy gets a kiss from a girl specifically to get a lipstick on his cheek, and then leaves it there all day. Just so that if someone walks up to him on the street they'll think, 'Wow, that guy cant possibly be gay, he's got a kiss mark on his face'.

D

Very good point. During the ep, I think it was when the guys were changing for the bottle break challenge, one of them said something like "These things [the tight pants] are jamming up my ass." I thought, well, that should be just about right for you then.

They are definitely overcompensating.
Old 03-23-06, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Derrich
The Jock team is so uber-hetero that the more I see them, the more I think they're gay. I mean what guy gets a kiss from a girl specifically to get a lipstick on his cheek, and then leaves it there all day. Just so that if someone walks up to him on the street they'll think, 'Wow, that guy cant possibly be gay, he's got a kiss mark on his face'.

D
I completely agree!

When they met that guy on the train, they immediately asked the guy "Are there many pretty girls in Germany?" It was like they were afraid the guy might be hitting on them so they had to immediately declare their hetero-ness.

I think from now on I will call them Team Ace & Gary.
Old 03-23-06, 12:55 PM

If they do an Amazing Race all-stars version, I think the hippies would be a shoe in.
Old 03-23-06, 04:31 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I dunno, I prefer some of the other gimmick teams, the clowns were a good sport.
itchy and scratchy were also fun.

the best though were of course Kevin and Drew.
I'm not sure yet who I am rooting for in this race, probably Fran and Barry to be honest, barry's like everyone's funny uncle.
Old 03-23-06, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like the hippies. Normally I don't like over the top goofy, but they are really so goofy that I think it's real - not a show. It seems like they're stuck at age 9.
Old 03-23-06, 08:21 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
It's over the top, I've seen BJ locally, and he seems pretty normal, even wearing his bluetooth earpiece thingy.
Old 03-23-06, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
It's over the top, I've seen BJ locally, and he seems pretty normal, even wearing his bluetooth earpiece thingy.
I think walking the streets during your normal life, and competing in the coolest game show ever would lead you to have two completly different moods.
Old 03-23-06, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't stand the hippies, especially the blond one. To me they're coming off as attention whores. I probably would like them if they'd drop the schtick.
Old 03-23-06, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Attention whores? Wow, that'/s not my impression at all. To me it just looks like they're having a blast.
Old 03-24-06, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like the hippies as well. Lake, on the other hand....
Old 03-24-06, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I like the hippies too. They seem like genuinely nice people having a good time.
Old 03-24-06, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hippies are complete attention whores. They drive me nuts. I hope something bad happens to them on the race soon. Anything to bring them down a notch.
Old 03-24-06, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like Lake, he's almost as funny as BJ & Tyler and he's one of the better racers when he's actually following the directions. Maybe part of it is that I hate when the show is obviously trying to create a villain and there just isn't enough there to justify it in my mind.

TTOW!
Old 03-24-06, 11:54 AM

Is anyone else getting tired of Eric & Jeremy's obsession with sex? It was mildly amusing at first, but their continued preoccupation with finding babes to bang on the race is wearing kind of thin and is either forced or pathetic.
Old 03-24-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by the big train
I like Lake, he's almost as funny as BJ & Tyler and he's one of the better racers when he's actually following the directions. Maybe part of it is that I hate when the show is obviously trying to create a villain and there just isn't enough there to justify it in my mind.

TTOW!
He treats his wife like shit. Isn't that reason enough?

BTW, didn't the horny boys say something about "tongue wrestling" with the pinks again? I can't believe those 2 girls would actually make out with those 2 tools, but maybe it happened.
Old 03-24-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Boot
Attention whores? Wow, that'/s not my impression at all. To me it just looks like they're having a blast.
Yeah, well, I'm equally astonished that so many people love them, so we're even. I really think I would like them if they were just being themselves, but they act like they're determined to be the crazy, over-the-top "fun" guys. They're laying it on, way, way, too thick and irritating the hell out of me.

I don't actually hate them, though (yet). That's reserved for Lake.
Old 03-24-06, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Telling someone to shut up like 4 times in about 5 or 6 six days is treating them like shit? I guess they can't all be like Saint Zach. Heck, the guy isn't even close to Ian Ray levels at this point. Forget the fact that Lake is also incredibly supportive of Michelle and one of the racers most willing to help other teams.

Last edited by the big train; 03-24-06 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-24-06, 01:39 PM

I don't get all the Lake bashing either... All I see is, he is driven and focused. When they were riding in the car, all he says to his wife is that the negative schtick she was giving doesn't help... which is 100% the truth.

I guess everyone's looking for the teams to get down on each other and start arguing. After all, I guess it makes "good TV".
Old 03-24-06, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by the big train
Telling someone to shut up like 4 times in about 5 or 6 six days is treating them like shit? .
Yes.
Old 03-24-06, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Okay

Maybe it just takes a lot to make me dislike a team. There are only two in the history of the race I found to be utterly comtemptible.

However, this season there aren't even any teams that leave me cold. They all get along so well! It kinda makes me miss the Lynn & Alex Coalition vs. Rob & Amber rivalry.
Old 03-24-06, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Maquis
I don't get all the Lake bashing either... All I see is, he is driven and focused. When they were riding in the car, all he says to his wife is that the negative schtick she was giving doesn't help... which is 100% the truth.

I guess everyone's looking for the teams to get down on each other and start arguing. After all, I guess it makes "good TV".
It makes crap TV, and it's just as bad within teams as as it is between teams. That's why I can't stand Lake.
Old 03-25-06, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I gotta get to Germany before I die. I freaking love that place!
Old 03-26-06, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Boot
People seem to forget that this is not Survivor, in the fact that if your good at it, and can get over yourself, you can have an AMAZING time competing on the show
Old 03-26-06, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
Go during Oktoberfest
Old 03-26-06, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
It ain't bad. Just don't come during the winter. It's freakin cold then. I can't believe that they actually came to Frankfurt during the race and I missed them.

Still rootin for the hippies. I love those guys.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.