Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

America's Next Top Model: The Greatest Show In The History of Television

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-06, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy crap, tonight they had the weirdest fashioin industry "experts" ever on the show: Ron and Richard Harris, the "aswirl" twins, who look like the black Nosferatu, seem to float just a little bit above the ground as they walk, and who say "SWIRL! SWIRL! SWIRL!" It was really incredible. I can't even begin to describe it if you missed it. It's like, how often do you see someone and say "I never even imagined that such a person exists." That's what they were like. Try to catch the rerun on Tuesday just for that (and for Joanie, my new favorite, saying "I worked it out for God!")
Old 04-12-06, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Joanie looked cute but she needs to fix that snaggletooth. Those swirl guys were something. Add Jay and that other judge and it was gay black guy night.

Would someone tell Brooke to quit standing pigeon-toed? It looks awful.

At times she reminds me of a sleep deprived Scarlet Johansen sp? and Scarlet also stands that way-just not quite as bad. Is she copying that?

Mrs. Pusser really hates Jade and wishes they'd kick her off.
Old 04-13-06, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
My pick is Leslie. She's certainly beautiful, and her favorite TV show is Seinfeld.
<--ANTM
Old 04-13-06, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I think I'm switching my allegence from Sara to Joanie. I still think Sara is super hot but Joanie just has such a kick ass personality, plus I'm a sucker for the snaggletooth.
Old 04-13-06, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like the fix the snaggletoof next week. But you're right, Joanie's personality is a winner. I really enjoyed her in this episode. Unlike so many people on the show, the longer they're there it seems the more fun, comfortable and natural she gets. She's got a strong character, I think.
Old 04-13-06, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is that obnoxiously over-confident gal still on the show? Her Cover Girl commerical try-out a while back made me
Old 04-13-06, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you mean Jade, yeah she's still there. She finished bottom two last week and "stepped up to the plate" (Trump-speak) this week.
Old 04-13-06, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That would be Jade and Mrs. Pusser is ready to vote her off. NOW.
Old 04-14-06, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think I'm going to go with my initial gut reaction and keep on rooting for Joanie.
Old 04-19-06, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've been calling this the best show ever for a couple cycles now, but "Look at my teeth" just launched it onto a whole new level.
Old 04-21-06, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't imagine how much pain Joanie was in for that 24 hours of dental hell. I gotta keep on rooting her on and give her props. My jaw fell to the floor during the tooth extracting sequence. That just gave me the creeps. Holy Schnikes!

Oh, why couldn't they let Jade go? She flat out stinks up the place. I'm also tired of Nnenna as well.
Old 04-21-06, 11:53 PM
Mod Emeritus

I hate this show. They get rid of the most beautiful ones early and keep bitches like Jade around for entertainment.
Old 04-22-06, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Snaggletooth be gone!

Next up: gap be gone!

How is everyone enjoying the "My Life As A Cover Girl" segments? Nicole is so damn cute but she's not an actress.
Old 04-23-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nicole is freaky looking at times. She had the weirdest "stare into the camera" bit when she was being introduced as one of the judges for the Miss USA 2006 pageant on Friday night. I still don't know how she won ANTM last season.
Old 04-23-06, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I don't know how she won either. She doesn't appear to be anything special. Her look is far from unique and she doesn't have a personality.
Old 04-24-06, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
Nicole is freaky looking at times. She had the weirdest "stare into the camera" bit when she was being introduced as one of the judges for the Miss USA 2006 pageant on Friday night. I still don't know how she won ANTM last season.

I think Nicole was the best winner they've ever chosen because she's the best MODEL that's ever won.
All her photo shoots were great.
If you want to say that she's no actress, and that in person she's got the personality of a rock, and that she couldn't put together an intelligent sentence to save her life, I won't disagree with you.
But all her photos were great.

I remember during her season, Nigel --the only straight male judge they've probably ever had, championing Nicole.
He admitted all the criticisms about her personality were true.
But he said that what people who hired models wanted from a model was someone who could have their picture taken and look sexy.
They don't care if the girl has a thought in her head.

Maybe Nicole never had the slightest clue about how she was doing it, but in every picture they took of her she looked sexy. And she was able to give all the different looks that they wanted --pretty princess, innocent girl, sultry woman, all-American girl next door, whatever.

Nicole is the only winner, and maybe the only contestant, they've had that I could imagine doing all the different kinds of modeling that Tyra Banks does --high fashion runways shows, classy women's fashion magazines, men's magazines, lingerie catalogues, swimsuit pictures, print advertising.

Nicole wasn't a story.
She wasn't a poor girl who dreamed of a better life, and winning ANTM was her salvation.
She wasn't a former fatty who lost weight and discovered the Top Model within.
She wasn't a bitchy diva who became a beauty when she softened up.
Nicole was just a very beautiful girl who could model, who could stand there in just about any setting, and give whatever look they asked for, and deliver a great picture.
Old 04-24-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nicole was postively boring and generic in my opinion. I'm so over her look, it's been done a zillion times.
Old 04-24-06, 11:31 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now that I'm finally caught up I can venture into this thread without being spoiled....

My favorite right now is Furonda, which is odd because in the beginning I never would have picked her.

Joanie is pulling to the front of the pack nicely as well. She has a cute likeability and is skilled at both stills and walking, even though she doesn't really have a unique look.

I liked Nnenna early on, but she's losing points with me in both performance and personality.

Danielle just doesn't have anything special going on. I mainly remember her for that gap, but it's not cute on her. So if she loses the gap she'll be forgettable, and if she keeps it she looks kinda goofy. She's coming off as a lesser version of Furonda to me now.

I think Jade has talent as far as modelling skills, but I just think she is frickin' ugly. On the flipside, I think Sara is gorgeous but doesn't seem to 'get' how to be a model.

One thing that bugs me on this show, concerning the judging. They are suddenly hating on Danielle's gap, but I've never even heard them mention it in the past. I agree that it's not the best, but why are they only now addressing it? They've done this before... Nicole in season 3 was suddenly the girl they couldn't remember, even though in all the previous eps they were gushing over her pics and didn't have a problem remembering her. There are other examples of this too. It's like they don't have any real criticisms but need some sort of excuse to narrow the field for the show's purpose.
Old 04-24-06, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DRG
one thing that bugs me on this show, concerning the judging. They are suddenly hating on Danielle's gap, but I've never even heard them mention it in the past. I agree that it's not the best, but why are they only now addressing it? .
The winner gets to do Cover Girl commercials.
You can't be a Cover Girl with a gap in your teeth.
Therefore, you can't be chosen the winner with a gap in your teeth.

They are doing her a favor by fixing it for her for free.
Old 04-28-06, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, Danielle got rid of most of the gap. And better news was that the snobby Nnenna was finally sent home. I was so tired of her by now. I think we are looking at a showdown between Joanie and Danielle for the title of ANTM Cycle 6.
Old 05-17-06, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finale was tonight. Best top 2 in the show's history. I was cheering for 'em both. Great great stuff. This is the one show that NEVER fails to deliver, not for a second.
Old 05-17-06, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just watched it. I thought both girls were quality choices. Danielle will be fine if she works on the speech part a little. That hopefully won't be a big deal.
Old 05-17-06, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Mrs. Pusser said for once she didn't care which one won-she loved them both. I was kinda pulling for Joanie but that's okay. Just glad Jade was out.

Her exit was the strangest ever. That snapping the finger crap and her face is so out of the realm that us mere mortals just can't handle it.

If someone finds her "poem" online for dissection please print it here. That was a load of garbage.
Old 05-18-06, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Bah! Joanie got robbed. I don't see the attractiveness of Danielle, and then to listen to her talk, fergeddaboutit!
Old 05-18-06, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
Bah! Joanie got robbed.
Agreed. This might be the stupidest finale of a reality show ever.

They make such a big deal out of how important it is that the winner be able to do professional Cover Girl commercial, and then they don't pick the only girl (Joanie) that was able to do the commercial.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.