Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 5:00PM - 7:00PM" 2 Hrs -- 03/06/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 5: 5:00PM - 7:00PM" 2 Hrs -- 03/06/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-06, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the Hobbit will save the day in the next episode, sacrificing himself in the process. The Hobbit has ended his usefulness for the show now that his keycard and sister's storylines have ended.
Old 03-07-06, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by freudguy
Exactly, which means someone else knew he was alive besides them. Who knew that Chloe, Michelle & Tony knew Jack was alive?
Maybe it should be questioned, if no one else knew Jack was alive who of the 4 leaked info on Jack? Hmm, only Chloe is alive... Also anyone else remember in a commercial where they combined 24/PrisonBreak commercial into 1? Jack was chasing someone whose face we couldn't see and when Jack told him/her "I'm done playing games with you" the persons back was shown. Who could that be?

Also I probably missed this part, but how did that dude walk into CTU with a 50 pound gas canister?
Old 03-07-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by PopPit
It's just the nonchalant way it was played out. One second some poor woman is knocking against the glass, screaming for her life and Jack says the equivalent of "Ignore her. She's already dead".
I also liked the underlying comment when Jack leaves Kim after Audrey interrupts.. "Excuse me Kim, I need to torture somebody, I'll be right back."

Originally Posted by dcgotenks
Maybe it should be questioned, if no one else knew Jack was alive who of the 4 leaked info on Jack? Hmm, only Chloe is alive... Also anyone else remember in a commercial where they combined 24/PrisonBreak commercial into 1? Jack was chasing someone whose face we couldn't see and when Jack told him/her "I'm done playing games with you" the persons back was shown. Who could that be?

Also I probably missed this part, but how did that dude walk into CTU with a 50 pound gas canister?
On behalf of all the people that avoid the previews I'd like to thank you.
Old 03-07-06, 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dcgotenks
Yeah, I had a problem with that too. We saw him walk in with only a briefcase and there's no way that canister fit in there even if it was broken down into pieces (which I don't think it could've been anyway). So, there has to be another mole on the inside that got the canister in past the metal detector somehow.

About the key card/boyfriend: I think the Russian contacted the boyfriend to set up the mugging of Lynn and offerred him 20k for the card but he never told his girlfriend about the money. He talked her into doing it for some quick cash for drugs but he was really doing it for the big score.

I don't know how Lynn got back into the building unless he propped open a back door or something but why would he do that? He didn't know his card would be stolen. Plus, I would think anytime you enter that building you would have to have your card scanned for I.D. You can't just slip into a back door. At least, I would hope not.
Old 03-07-06, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cracksky
Yeah, I had a problem with that too. We saw him walk in with only a briefcase and there's no way that canister fit in there even if it was broken down into pieces (which I don't think it could've been anyway). So, there has to be another mole on the inside that got the canister in past the metal detector somehow.

About the key card/boyfriend: I think the Russian contacted the boyfriend to set up the mugging of Lynn and offerred him 20k for the card but he never told his girlfriend about the money. He talked her into doing it for some quick cash for drugs but he was really doing it for the big score.

I don't know how Lynn got back into the building unless he propped open a back door or something but why would he do that? He didn't know his card would be stolen. Plus, I would think anytime you enter that building you would have to have your card scanned for I.D. You can't just slip into a back door. At least, I would hope not.
1. This was the 1st day he was in the CTU Office, there he was not a regular face that the guards would reconize.
2. That means he could not have just walked in with another worker and just wave to the guards as he passed by.
3. The picture that showed up on the screen came from the DB, not from the card itself. No card every has the picture stored inside the card, the card has a code that pulls up the DB for the worker.
4. It would have been no big deal to report the card, he could have gotten another card in just a few minutes/hours.

Love the show, but the card was one of the worst plot holes ever on the show.
Old 03-07-06, 03:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bralph
In four hours since it was taken? I realize many things in 24 stretch credibility, but I'm not buying it. If it turns out to be the case, then I'll shrug it off with all the others, but for now I'll believe there is more to it than coincidence.
Yeah this was the first time in 5 seasons where I've really said "oh, come on now... how did this no name punk work his way up the ranks and get in touch with the Russian baddies in only a few hours".
Old 03-07-06, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by boogieman03
The way they showed crackhead sister and boyfriend robbing the hobbit made me think they were after that key card from the beginning. When the boyfriend gets the wallet, he makes it a point to pull out the keycard as if to say "here it is".
Does that mean the Russians were planning this the whole time?
Old 03-07-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by freudguy
Exactly, which means someone else knew he was alive besides them. Who knew that Chloe, Michelle & Tony knew Jack was alive?
Palmer knew he was alive, so he must of told someone. Maybe he staged his own death to pull Jack out of hidding.

1. In the 1st hour, he went a stood by the window looking like he knew what was coming.
2. Maybe he was involved in the whole thing and now wanted out, this was a way he knew he could bring Jack out of hiding to save the day.
Old 03-07-06, 03:58 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Great show, but there's no way President Putz is a realistic president.
Old 03-07-06, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am going to be completely stunned if Tony is not the person to die next week.

I would not be surprised to see that Palmer staged his own death.
Old 03-07-06, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
2. That means he could not have just walked in with another worker and just wave to the guards as he passed by.
3. The picture that showed up on the screen came from the DB, not from the card itself. No card every has the picture stored inside the card, the card has a code that pulls up the DB for the worker.
The cards we're issued at my department have smart-chips in them. They store all the info about us on the chip. Photo, prints, so on and so forth. Without it we're not allowed to pass a certain point. Not even when walking in with another officer. Not even the Chief, he'll be stopped cold and have to get a new card before admittance. Yeah for us it is simple as pie to get a new one. But it also opens a minor investigation to explain what happened to it. I would think that if we have this level of security for a department building smaller than CTU, they would too.
Old 03-07-06, 05:12 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by N2DVD
When Curtis was running through the hospital with the canister, I had visions of Batman running around the pier with the bomb.....:-)
I know what you mean N2DVD. I was half expecting nuns, marching bands and ducks getting in his way.
Old 03-07-06, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
OFFICIAL JACK BAUER KILL COUNT
This week:
1 Gun
This season:
1 knife
9 gun
1 hacked bomb detonation
1 surgical scissors
1 Leg Scissor Neck Break
13 TOTAL
Old 03-07-06, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
Great show, but there's no way President Putz is a realistic president.
You know, we don't get to see the life of our President and how he works. We could have had a President in the last 40 years who may have been like Logan and whose administration covered up his weaknesses and flaws. If we only took Logan's press conferences as a reflection of his character, he would seem like a strong and decisive President. It's all in the presentation!

Chris
Old 03-07-06, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
OFFICIAL JACK BAUER KILL COUNT
This week:
1 Gun
This season:
1 knife
9 gun
1 hacked bomb detonation
1 surgical scissors
1 Leg Scissor Neck Break
13 TOTAL
Does anyone know how many people Jack has killed from S1 to now?
Old 03-07-06, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought overall it was a good 2 hrs. I still thought there were more GROAN worthy moments within those two hours than there are for rest of this season.

Kim's boyfriend talking back to Jack was stupid.
Also, the whole VP martial law conversation was just ridiculous. I was tempted to turn it off at that point.

Finally, as mentioned before, the terrorist just walking into CTU with that massive cannister...suuuurrreeee.

Edit: I just wanted to mention that Kim has only had like 5minutes of screen time so far, and I'm already sick of her. I hope she's the one who makes the sacrifice.
Old 03-07-06, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great episode, but the things others have mentioned also bothered me.
1) the key card. Being that Lynn was so high up, he should have followed what was I'm sure, protocall.
2) the fact that they are investigating NERVE GAS and had to stop an attack on a hospital ventilation system yet when Carrie mentions there's a problem in the ventilation system Edgar shrugs her off... um HELLO?!
3) when Curtis was out in the field, why would they not have a portable containment unit? Why wouldn't the tactical team not have something to place over the canister if they thought it possible that they couldn't move it without setting it off?
4) if this is counter terrorist unit, wouldn't they at LEAST have to go through a security like I do when I'm trying to get on a freakin plane?

I can only disconnect from reality a couple of times and give the show a pass. I hope it doesn't get worse than this episode.

The end did redeem it though. I cried and forgot all about the holes for a few minutes.

One question I didn't see asked/answered - CTU said they were able to verify who the head Russian dude was by help from Russian intercepted calls. Or did I hear that wrong?
Spoiler:
does that mean the Russians knew Logan helped the terrorists?
Old 03-07-06, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
You know, we don't get to see the life of our President and how he works. We could have had a President in the last 40 years who may have been like Logan and whose administration covered up his weaknesses and flaws. If we only took Logan's press conferences as a reflection of his character, he would seem like a strong and decisive President. It's all in the presentation!

Chris
The president is doing a great acting job. His speech he gave on the lawn with the Russian premier was very dignified, and then he is alone with Mike going "Please pray with me Mike!" Very good acting job by this guy (forgot his name)
Old 03-07-06, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hongkongdvd
Does anyone know how many people Jack has killed from S1 to now?
According to http://www.bauercount.com/ :

Season 1: 10
Season 2: 30
Season 3: 13
Season 4: 44
Season 5: 15 (thus far)

Total: 112
Old 03-07-06, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I agree. Gregory Itzin as President Logan is Emmy worthy. I particularly love how he reacts when he's confronted with a moral dilemma, or his own failing as a leader. He looks as if he's been physically struck, and sort of draws himself up into an imaginary shell. I hated his character last season so much that I didn't realize it was because of the brilliant performance.
As an office slave myself, I could totally see some co-workers dropping, and not giving a damn (even enjoying it - you know I'm right!), while willing to run out to save others. I thought the final scene was very real.
Old 03-07-06, 11:37 PM
Banned

^ If Xander Berkeley didn't get a nomination for Season Two, Gregory Itzin won't be getting one for Season Five. Only Kiefer's going to be getting Emmy nominations from this show.
Old 03-07-06, 11:39 PM

Old 03-07-06, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Wasn't he in one of the 3 sectors/rooms they were able to seal?

And Jack shooting Robocop's wife in the leg was just too awesome!
Robocop meets Poltergeist.
Old 03-07-06, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Palmer knew he was alive, so he must of told someone.
Didn't Cummings admit that he and his people were the ones to figure out Jack was alive?

Maybe he staged his own death to pull Jack out of hidding.
I have a hard time believing Palmer would fake his death and have Tony, Michelle, and Cloe killed (he'd have to have been involved in their attacks if he was responsible for his own "assassination".), to bring Jack back into the game... especially when all he'd have to do is ask for his help.
Old 03-07-06, 11:53 PM
Banned

When's 24 gonna break down a pull a Boston Legal (with Shatner and all his Star Trek references)?

"I guess you don't understand the meaning of the word pals, Jack."

"Dead or alive, you're coming with me, Christopher!"

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.