Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Apprentice - Season 5 Discussion - (Now on Monday night)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice - Season 5 Discussion - (Now on Monday night)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-06, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 1,308 Likes on 747 Posts
Originally Posted by Binger
Personally, I had a smile on my face when Trump fired the other two. Brent may be mostly useless, but he was disrespected by his team and he confronted them about the situation and they didn't like it. I felt sorry for the guy, the team blamed him for thier failure but he was the only one doing something (however embarassing) to try to bring a win for the team. I would never hire the guy, but the distraction was not him, it was the team going out of their way to make him a problem.
I never watched this show before in my life, but I watched this episode. Going into the board room at the end I told my wife if I were Trump i'd fire the team leader and the gal who bitched about everything. The "scapegoat", Brent, is that guy who we have all worked with at one time or another. He's annoying and gets mad when you don't listen to his ideas but usually only because he's got some of the best ideas you could hope for - he's just not good at communicating them. It'll be interesting to see if people give him just a little more respect now or they treat him worse. I think he could be a valuable asset if handled properly.
Old 03-08-06, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZERO hot girls this season. Ivanka looks better than all of them. I will watch a few more episodes and see if I'm still interested in the show.
Old 03-08-06, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zuffy
ZERO hot girls this season. Ivanka looks better than all of them. I will watch a few more episodes and see if I'm still interested in the show.

ahem, Allie? She was a Gator cheerleader for pete's sake!
Old 03-08-06, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
ahem, Allie? She was a Gator cheerleader for pete's sake!
She is not hot - more on the cute side. Either way, I don't find any appear in any of the girls.
Old 03-08-06, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

cute works. I'd still watch for cute
Old 03-09-06, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Any idea how well the shwo did this week in the ratings?
Old 03-10-06, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by taa455
The woman who was crying harrassment had me for the entire episode.
Me too! A NYC defense attorney acting like that? First she said she felt threatened, then switched her story to "I don't believe I used the word threatened, to switching back to threatened in the boardroom. What an asshole. Plus, she messed up the location after boasting that she is from NYC. Glad she got the boot.
Old 03-10-06, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Personally, I had a smile on my face when Trump fired the other two. Brent may be mostly useless, but he was disrespected by his team and he confronted them about the situation and they didn't like it. I felt sorry for the guy, the team blamed him for thier failure but he was the only one doing something (however embarassing) to try to bring a win for the team. I would never hire the guy, but the distraction was not him, it was the team going out of their way to make him a problem.
. He annoys me but you are correct about the situation.
Old 03-10-06, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,761 Likes on 2,694 Posts
What about Charmaine? The half Filipino Real Estate consultant from Tennessee. Very exotic features and I love the Southern accent. Already my early favorite, unless she totally screws up. Granted, she's gotten zero camera time.
Old 03-11-06, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,426 Likes on 4,393 Posts
Not sure about this season, but gotta go on Allie. She's a drug rep, just like the chesty girl on Survivor this season. Why don't I get reps like that in MY office
She reminds me a lot of Monica Potter, formerly of Boston Legal. I'm a fan of hers as well.
Old 03-12-06, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 176 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Decker
Not sure about this season, but gotta go on Allie. She's a drug rep, just like the chesty girl on Survivor this season. Why don't I get reps like that in MY office
Two-time Survivor contestant Stephanie was aslo a drug rep.
Old 03-12-06, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by General Zod
I never watched this show before in my life, but I watched this episode. Going into the board room at the end I told my wife if I were Trump i'd fire the team leader and the gal who bitched about everything. The "scapegoat", Brent, is that guy who we have all worked with at one time or another. He's annoying and gets mad when you don't listen to his ideas but usually only because he's got some of the best ideas you could hope for - he's just not good at communicating them. It'll be interesting to see if people give him just a little more respect now or they treat him worse. I think he could be a valuable asset if handled properly.
he's a good guy, but that is exactly why he is not going to make it to the end
Old 03-13-06, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

looks like they filmed this back in september
Old 03-13-06, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Teresa was a complete disaster....that is the most uncreative team there has ever been! From the boring presentation at Home Depot with those non -gift gift bags, to the just stand there and get text messages (which granted they won..only because the other team had brent dancing in a bathrobe) to this fiasco! Geez, he better mix them up soon, or that team is going to be totally annilahated.

Gotta say, though, I dont know why, but I'm loving Lenny.......
Old 03-13-06, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Teresa is a fucking idiot. Why would you take Lenny to the board when he has nothing to do with the lost? Lenny is fucking awesome though. The guy speaks his mind. Kind of remind myself of me at work.
Old 03-13-06, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 167 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Two-time Survivor contestant Stephanie was aslo a drug rep.
As was April from last Summer's Big Brother.

Why didn't Tarik bring up the fact that he wanted to get Astroturf and Theresa said no?
Old 03-13-06, 09:50 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Editing, editing, editing. They say these boardrooms go for over an hour at least, sometimes 2-3 hours. They edit out what they want, so we dont know if he said he requested the astroturf or not. Its easy for them to make it look one way or the other. Bottom line, she blew it from beginning to end on the management side. Lenny is hysterical, he will get fired eventually, but he will bring some humor every week, lol.
Old 03-13-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I could picture Lenny running one of Trump's NYC construction projects.
Old 03-14-06, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah Lenny is growing on me. The Editing with the fat guy eating, then buttering up 4 bagels, then eating during the meeting was great.

This guy has to be a paid actor! sort of like My Big Fat Teammate
Old 03-14-06, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bludvls33
Editing, editing, editing. They say these boardrooms go for over an hour at least, sometimes 2-3 hours. They edit out what they want, so we dont know if he said he requested the astroturf or not. Its easy for them to make it look one way or the other. Bottom line, she blew it from beginning to end on the management side. Lenny is hysterical, he will get fired eventually, but he will bring some humor every week, lol.

Yeah, the editing frustrates me. It can make some people look so wimpy, and I actually can't believe they didnt bring things up that would so obviously prove their case! Then I remember the editing. Wish they would show more of the boardroom.

GOOOO LENNY!
Old 03-14-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,426 Likes on 4,393 Posts
Speaking of the editing, did anyone else notice that Brent was finally given the ulitmate "Marcus" honor - his own goofy theme music. This show must be edited by the guys who make Blind Date. I bet thought balloons are next...
Old 03-14-06, 03:34 PM

After watching the last few episodes, I have to say that there is not one impressive, or likeable, character this season. Every season the personalities get duller and the candidates dumber. I wouldn't hire one of these people to wipe my ass.
Old 03-14-06, 05:05 PM

Lenny is the man. I hope he can hang around a bit longer even though he has no chance at getting hired.
Old 03-14-06, 05:08 PM
Cool New Member

AI wouldn't hire one of these people to wipe my ass.
I wouldn't mind the filipina taking that job for me
Old 03-14-06, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Lenny=Yakoff Schmirnoff

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.