Beauty and the Geek 2 -- "Episode 6" -- 02/16/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-16-06, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Spoiler:
The beauties must ask the geeks out on dates; the geeks become stylists and photographers for a sexy photo-shoot challenge.

Producer(s): Ashton Kutcher, Jason Goldberg, Nick Santora.

Original Airdate: February 16, 2006.
Old 02-17-06, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sarah's pretty hot but seems very anal.

Brittany might be my new favorite.
Old 02-17-06, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sarah makes some of the funniest faces, she's kinda goofy at times. Sad to see her go. Cher and Josh are going to win this thing.
Old 02-17-06, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Sarah makes some of the funniest faces, she's kinda goofy at times. Sad to see her go. Cher and Josh are going to win this thing.
Joe and Sarah's date was pretty great. She was hunched over and talking while she was chewing and he blew his nose into a dinner napkin.

Anyone catch the very last 5 seconds of the next episode preview? Joe and Brittney
Old 02-17-06, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This show really frustrates me. I don't have the highest of expectations, but that's why it seems a shame that they show still falls so flat.

So much seems fake or staged and there doesn't seem to be any reason for it. Get a good bunch of "dumb" hot chicks and a bunch of awkward geeks and you're gonna get an interesting show. Toss in some of the standard reality edits and I don't see why they need to make so many things seem staged and lame.

Just the whole situation where the girls were made to look "bad" and need to get drinks. Did anyone watching think that those girls really looked like they couldn't get men to buy them drinks (I would have bought Sarah 10 and Cher 7)? A few guys told Cher and Sarah they didn't have any money...I don't believe that would have happened. So, they weren't made up "properly" and there clothes were goofy. They all still looked pretty damned good and the other girls that I saw in there weren't so special. Hell would freeze over the day that Sarah goes into a straight bar and only gets one guy to buy her a drink.

Haven't we all seen those movies where they take an attractive girl and really made her look like a geek, only to have her get a "make over" later in the film and have the hottest guy in the school fall in love with her? Those girls didn't come close to having to be put in a situation that the geeks live with. I didn't buy it at all. And the cameras in the "party" didn't seem to be hidden or small to keep the people in there from knowing they were being filmed. It just seemed so staged.

And, Wes (I think that's his name), totally doesn't fit the mold of every other one of the other geeks. Any one of those other guys gets into bed with Cher and they would be wetting themselves or blowing their noses on the sheets. But they gave this one guy a haircut, suddenly he's better looking by far than all the other guys, and he's smooth enough to hook up with Cher like he's been doing it all the time.

Anyway, it's still a fun show but I don't see why they need to do the things that they do which make it look fake, when it could really be a very interesting show without that crap. Cher's looks have really grown on me and it was sad that EASILY the two best looking woman were up for eviction last night. They lost the 2nd best looking girl in the first show and, for me, Cher is all that is left.

The squeaky voice girl is cute at best, but she does have a nice body and it was VERY clear that her pictures were the best even before they showed the other ones. Personally, I liked seeing Sarah look all 80's Madonna, but that choice almost seemed like something that no one would have made (staged). You had all those other geeks pick out outfits that ranged from good to very good and this guy picks something that looked like it was plucked from a costume store? And not even realize when he saw her that it was a bad idea. I didn't buy it.
Old 02-17-06, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Staged or not. I enjoy the show. Makes for a good hour to blow after Smallville.
Old 02-17-06, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edytwinky
Staged or not. I enjoy the show. Makes for a good hour to blow after Smallville.
I guess it depends on who or what you're blowing.
Old 02-17-06, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
"Men's Fashion"

Oh Sarah - you are dumb as a rock, and I'll be sad to see you go, but thank you for treating us to that great black dress before exiting.

I figured Sarah had the advantage in the bar challenge because it was still apparent that she had huge melons. Apparently she has zero personality.

I don't think the guys would have been able to answer any of the girls questions, except for the Star Wars one.

Last edited by Red Dog; 02-17-06 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-17-06, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dolphinboy I hear you. The girls challenge was really dumb as all the girls were still pretty, just in frumpy clothes (and some of them were tight, so it didn't matter). In a "real" situation none of them would have had a problem getting drinks or finding a guy to talk to. I thought they were going to make them over with fake noses and shit like that to really ugly-fy them.

Still it's a really fun show to watch. I doubt any of the girls are really "changing", but it may help the guys a bit down the road.

That one dude looks like David Boreanaz with his hair cut now. Trips me out how much his makeover really changed his outward appearance.
Old 02-17-06, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I didn't get the staged vibe. But, I guess you could be right. Hell, maybe the guys in that bar setting were told to reject the girls. But again, maybe it was just that you had these un-made up girls prodding these guys to buy them drinks. Where, on the other hand, you have other girls there with make-up who maybe look more appealing and don't seem as pushy. Maybe the four girls came across as slightly arrogant to the guys there? I don't know.

I agree, though, that my problem is with Wes. I think if all this guy needed to do was get a haircut, and suddenly he's making out with Cher and sleeping with her...something is wrong with the casting on this show. I'm not sure how that happened, because Wes just didn't seem to belong after that happened.

Oh, and I don't find Cher attractive. She's not ugly, but I don't find her hot in the least. I didn't watch season 1, but I don't think they did a great job of getting drop dead gorgeous women.
Old 02-17-06, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Red Dog
"Men's Fashion"

I figured Sarah had the advantage in the bar challenge because it was still apparent that she had huge melons. Apparently she has zero personality.

:
If Sarah came up to you in a bar, the last thing you would care about would be her personality.

One drink leads to two, then three, then four, and soon she's so drunk she doesn't care what you look like or do for a living, and you're banging her in a bathroom stall.
Old 02-17-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
If Sarah came up to you in a bar, the last thing you would care about would be her personality.

One drink leads to two, then three, then four, and soon she's so drunk she doesn't care what you look like or do for a living, and you're banging her in a bathroom stall.

Yeah, but it looked they were serving water, so what good is that going to do me.