Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville -- "Tomb" -- 02/09/06

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ayre
It was a little slow, but at least it was better than the Vampire episode a few months back.

It did kind of feel like a "Supernatural" reject. (Not a fan of that show)

Meh
Actually the first thought that hit my mind was Stir of Echoes.

OK episode, liked it a lot better than the masked avenger from the week before. Now that the preview has played I don't have to spoilerize my feelings...I hope this Cyborg episode is a good one...I thought the Flash episode was pretty good, Aquaman was OK...I just hope it's a good show.

Last edited by Deadpool; 02-13-06 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-13-06, 11:15 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The silliest thing about episodes like this is that we had almost all the regular characters automatically assume that Chloe had truly gone crazy, even though they've all been through moments where they behaved psycho or out of character from outside forces. Several times per character, even. Split personality Lex, slutty Lana, Pete and Chloe go badass, rebellious Lana, mind controlled assassins Clark and Lana, krytonite water Chloe, psycho Jonathan, body-switched-with-Lionel Clark, young-acting Martha (and Clark seducing Lois), witchy Lana, red kryptonite Clark, Kal-El Clark, etc. etc.

At some point you'd think they would give someone the benefit of the doubt when they do something nutty after being perfectly normal the day before.
Old 02-13-06, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
The silliest thing about episodes like this is that we had almost all the regular characters automatically assume that Chloe had truly gone crazy, even though they've all been through moments where they behaved psycho or out of character from outside forces. Several times per character, even. Split personality Lex, slutty Lana, Pete and Chloe go badass, rebellious Lana, mind controlled assassins Clark and Lana, krytonite water Chloe, psycho Jonathan, body-switched-with-Lionel Clark, young-acting Martha (and Clark seducing Lois), witchy Lana, red kryptonite Clark, Kal-El Clark, etc. etc.

At some point you'd think they would give someone the benefit of the doubt when they do something nutty after being perfectly normal the day before.
I thought of that too. After all that everyone has been through together they don't give their friend the benefit of the doubt.
Old 02-13-06, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My WB affiliate has had some serious audio sync issues over the last week and Smallville was no different. Audio was 4-5 seconds behind the video and it made things really hard to watch. I think I lasted about 5 minutes into this episode and am glad I didn't miss much.

Although the comic-geek in me is very jazzed for next week, the previews and how it's being handled don't make me very happy.
Old 02-13-06, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Although the comic-geek in me is very jazzed for next week, the previews and how it's being handled don't make me very happy.
Ditto! I'm hoping for the best...but I'm expecting the worst.
Old 02-13-06, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Why? Is that cyborg guy another actual-comic-charater tie-in or something?

I never heard of him, I took it as a freak of the week.
Old 02-13-06, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg_%28comics%29
Old 02-13-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a very good episode, there was too little of Clark...
Old 02-14-06, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The show actually helped me in my real life.

My mother has been in and out of mental health centers over the past 20 years (she has mental issues for most of her life, I found this out over the past 15 years) and right after the show was over I received a call from Denver that my mother was committed into another mental health center a few days earlier. I have not seen my mother in years and was scared to go see her while I just happen to be planning to see my father (parents divorced over 30 years ago) who is recovering from surgery in Aurora Co.

Seeing Chloe going to see her mother (even though she was scared that she would end up like her) did help me to know that I am not like my mother and that I did not have to be scared to see her. When I flew to Denver last Friday, after seeing my dad, I went to see my mother on Friday and Saturday. Even though she not doing to well, I was able to separate my mother's problems from her. This was a big victory for me, for I have been scared I would end up like her for a long time now.

Kind of a weird night watching Smallville and then finding out that my mom was in mental hospital in the same town I was flying into the next day. Almost want to write the show and tell about my experience over the past 3 days (I am back home now).
Old 02-14-06, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho

Most famous as a member of the Teen Titans

Excellent Show BTW
Old 02-14-06, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's a bit why I don't have high hopes, it's just a guy with robot parts and not a true version of "Cyborg"

Granted, a TV budget isn't really going to allow for the real version.

(Since the episode has already been spoiled with the name and picture of the character, I didn't think it's a big deal to continue the spoilage. Apologies to those annoyed.)
Old 02-15-06, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finally watched this on tivo

IT BLEW BIG TIME