DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Twenty Four (24): Day 5, 11:00AM - 12:00PM -- 01/23/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/453246-twenty-four-24-day-5-11-00am-12-00pm-01-23-06-a.html)

mosquitobite 01-23-06 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2
killCount_Jack += 1;

Morals? Fuck that. Jack Bauer don't need no stinkin' morals.

Saw this on another site. :lol: loved it.

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_pho...jack-bauer.jpg
WWJBD?

MartinBlank 01-23-06 09:54 PM

It's On!

Willy 01-23-06 09:56 PM

haha wwjbd I want a tshirt

chrisfelice 01-23-06 09:57 PM

I actually thought this episode was a little slow... didn't really get me to "into it" until the very end when they disover the WH mole...

The scissors were a nice touch, even though we saw the "assasin" set-up a mile away...

I didn't like how Spencer was all bad-ass when he was being asked what he was doing with high level access, but then, once Jack showed him the picture of the guy he let in, he turned all pussy on us and started whining about how he thought he was working for the President. What a punk...

Still love my adult soap opera... can't miss an episode!

MartinBlank 01-23-06 10:00 PM

This is my first season of watching...are all the early seasons worth a blind-buy?

McHawkson 01-23-06 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
This is my first season of watching...are all the early seasons worth a blind-buy?

Hell, yes!!

areacode212 01-23-06 10:16 PM

If possible, I'd go with a rental over a blind buy, but in any case, yeah, if you're enjoying this, you should watch the earlier seasons.

silentbob007 01-23-06 10:19 PM

I kind of figured that Spencer was an unwitting accomplice ... nothing like feeling the feelings of secrecy and power to flip someone.

I'm a bit surprised that Jack killed the assassin like he did considering he orders everyone else not to kill the targets so that they can be interrogated.

Patman 01-23-06 10:25 PM

Well, breaking the ribs probably got Jack a little more jacked up than normal.

Gallant Pig 01-23-06 10:33 PM

Excellent episode, perfect setup for the show's next showdown. :up:

Snowmaker 01-23-06 10:47 PM

4 episodes in 2 days spoiled me last week. Just one "Jack Bauer Power Hour" a week is killing me now. I need my fix!

Patman 01-23-06 11:01 PM

Worse yet, there are only 19 Jack Bauer Power Hours left this season.

RichC2 01-23-06 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Worse yet, there are only 19 Jack Bauer Power Hours left this season.

Seeing it like that makes me sad, these first 5 episodes have been absolutely wonderful.

MartinBlank 01-23-06 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Willy
haha wwjbd I want a tshirt

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/search/s...pt=&rpp=60&st=

TheKing 01-24-06 12:06 AM

Nice to see Bad Ass Jack back with the scissors.

Like others, I was disappointed that the mole was just a pussy, would have been fun to see Jack use the scisssors on him as well.

The preview for next week looks interesting:

Spoiler:
They're possibly teasing that the President finds out the truth, but still supports the guy. And the week after next, Kim returns, so here we go!

Iron_Giant 01-24-06 12:07 AM

Got to kidding me, Nerve gas loose in the country and they do not want to tell the president everything. The pres even told CTU everything and let him decide what is best to.

William Wallace 01-24-06 12:11 AM

TheKing -

If you have a spoiler for something happening in 2 weeks, don't say

"The preview for next week looks good:"

which implies that the spoiler you are typing is ONLY for next week's episode, and that those who have seen next week's preview won't be spoiled by your highlighted sentence.

Now you ruined *you know who's* return in 2 weeks. Thanks a lot, bro.

Chauzer 01-24-06 12:26 AM

damn pretty good episode

the last line was so badass... "IM NOT CTU"

FatTony 01-24-06 12:29 AM

William Wallace:

And you didn't ruin it? Thanks a lot to you too, homie. :rolleyes:

MrJeff 01-24-06 12:41 AM

hilarious

Originally Posted by FatTony
William Wallace:

And you didn't ruin it? Thanks a lot to you too, homie. :rolleyes:

MrJeff 01-24-06 12:43 AM

worth a blind buy,

if you end up renting, you'll have to rent each disc which will cost more and more $$$, unless you use netflix, but then you have to wait for each disc, and you'll end up just buying it anyway because you won't be able to wait

Sweet Baby James 01-24-06 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
You know Spenser totally pissed his pants when he saw he was going to be on the receiving end of a Jack Bauer Interrogation™!

:lol:
I didn't know that Jackie Jack had received a trademark for his interrogation style.:)

William Wallace 01-24-06 01:48 AM

William Wallace:

And you didn't ruin it? Thanks a lot to you too, homie.
No, I didn't. I only pointed out a possible returning character, which could be so many different ppl.

Mr. King pretty much spouted out the NAME of this character w/ a very MISLEADING spoiler warning. He implied that he was only giving an opinion on the preview for next week's episode, and then all of a sudden he blurts out a HUGE spoiler for the episode after that.

Legolas 01-24-06 03:23 AM

Seasons one and two are. Season three takes a rather large plunge. Season four hits rock bottom then starts digging for China. Basically, the quality went down with each season.

Tommy Ceez 01-24-06 04:21 AM

OFFICIAL JACK BAUER KILL COUNT

This week:
1 - scissor

Season:
1-Knife
4-Gun
1-Bomb
1-Surgical Scissor
7-Total

The pace has been breakneck this season...plotlines that usually streatch out for weeks last 1 episode...COULD THIS BE THE SEAON THAT FINALLY TIES IN ALL THE SUPERVILLIANS FROM PREVIOUS YEARS?!?!!!?

Probably not.

BTW, can someone recap Walt's involvement last year...these plotlines just meld together in my brain, and I can never remember specifics