Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Arrested Development SEASON Finale On FOX -->2/10/06.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-06, 11:44 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OUT OF THE BLUTH: Fox has announced a Friday, Feb. 10, two-hour season finale — that's what the memo says, season finale — for Arrested Development. In the season finale — that's what the memo says, season finale — Fast Times at Ridgemont High's Judd Reinhold will guest-star, as well as Arrested headliner Jason Bateman's real-life sis, Family Ties alum Justine Bateman, playing a woman who may or may not be Michael's half-sister.
Old 01-13-06, 11:48 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Is this a SEASON finale, or a SERIES finale? What does the memo say?

Also, I need a link for this story.

Last edited by Groucho; 01-13-06 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-13-06, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://tvguide.com/News/Entertainment

Make sure you are looking at the Jan 13th posting, it moves everyday.
Old 01-13-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

2 hours? That's a shitload of material. I hope it's not a half-hour finale with 3 repeats after or before it. Still, I'm just glad it's still on. Friday night scheduling isn't an issue since most AD viewers seems to dvr it anyway.
Old 01-13-06, 12:00 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So am I to assume this is all four of the unaired episodes at once?
Old 01-13-06, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like it.
Old 01-13-06, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And moved to Friday? Don't know if that's better or worse... At least I get them before DVD. Hoping this isn't a "series" finale in addition to the obvious "season" finale it was always going to be.
Old 01-13-06, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
And moved to Friday? Don't know if that's better or worse... At least I get them before DVD. Hoping this isn't a "series" finale in addition to the obvious "season" finale it was always going to be.
I don't know about "always," since there were originally going to be 4 more episodes this season before FOX cut its order.
Old 01-13-06, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, dumping all four remaining episodes on one Friday night isn't a good sign, but at least we'll get to see them. I think this is the end of AD on Fox, though.
Old 01-13-06, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think Friday would be the perfect time for AD, as Friday nights give sucky ratings anyhow. Maybe they see that they can make their money on DVD and IPOD sales. Both DVDs are still in the top 50 at Amazon and The Office is selling extremely well on ITunes so I don't see why AD couldn't do the same.

Of course this is the ramblings of an AD fan gong through denial.
Old 01-13-06, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Interesting strategy. This sounds like a sweeps month sacrifice strategy ploy. By putting the last 4 episodes on the same night, Fox will only be losing the ratings war for one night instead of 4 nights.

Funny thing is, AD actually plays better (IMHO) when watching multiple episodes back to back. At least that's been my experience with the DVDs.

Whatever the reason, I'm just happy that we're going to see these episodes.
Old 01-13-06, 01:19 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Question: who "Judd Reinhold"?
Old 01-13-06, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho

Chris
Old 01-13-06, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Groucho

Today's youth. His work in the definitive coming-of-age film Fast Times at the Breakfast club is classic.

das
Old 01-13-06, 01:59 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|99543|1|,00.html

FOX Lets 'Arrested' Out One Last(?) Time

Friday, January 13, 2006

10:48 AM PT
Fans of "Arrested Development" will, in fact, get to see the show's final four episodes this season. Given where FOX has scheduled them, though, it seems rather certain that not many others will.

FOX aired what felt like a finale on Jan. 2. The episode, titled "SOBs" -- short for Save Our Bluths, which is also the name of a fan web site trying to save the show -- stuck to "Arrested's" deeply self-referential guns by mocking both the conventions of ratings-grabbing stunts and its own insular nature ("Maybe we're not that likable," Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman) tells his family at one point).

But the network has decided to air the season's final four episodes in one two-hour block Friday, Feb. 10. That night also happens to feature the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics on NBC, an event that is likely to dominate the ratings that night.

Spoiler:
The final four episodes of the season will feature guest appearances by Justine Bateman, Jason's sister, and Judge Reinhold, also seen in the "SOBs" episode (indicating that it may have aired out of sequence). Justine Bateman will play a woman who Michael believes may be his long-lost sister Nellie, while Reinhold plays himself, hired by the family's new lawyer to act as a judge in a mock trial to help the Bluths prepare for a real court case.

The episodes will also feature Gob (Will Arnett) traveling to Iraq to perform a Christian magic act, which lands him in prison; Buster (Tony Hale) faking a coma to avoid testifying in the family's court case; and George Michael (Michael Cera) and Maeby (Alia Shawkat) taking part in a mock wedding to entertain hospital patients. The whole thing ends up at a yacht party, which is where the series started.

The episodes could well be the last to air on FOX, which ordered only 13 shows this season. ABC and Showtime have reportedly expressed interest in picking up "Arrested Development," but for now the show's fate remains up in the air.
I think it will be interesting to see exactly what effect the timeslot does have on the ratings. I mean, all the real fans will turn out to watch this, despite the crappy timeslot and Olympic competition. So maybe the difference in ratings should separate the committed fans from the casual/wayward ones?

Either way, I'm also glad Fox isn't going to hold these episodes 'hostage', like they seem to be doing with Reunion, which will make it easier for another network to pick this up if the opportunity really does happen.
Old 01-13-06, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Ouch. The opening ceremonies? Wow. At least they are airing them. I'm looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Today's youth. His work in the definitive coming-of-age film Fast Times at the Breakfast club is classic.

das
Today's fogeys. posting a serious response to a post mocking spelling is classic.

Old 01-13-06, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Nice guy, but a bit of a close talker.
Old 01-13-06, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
I like the scheduling. I love the Winter Olympics, but the Opening Ceremonies are a snorefest.
Old 01-13-06, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DRG
Either way, I'm also glad Fox isn't going to hold these episodes 'hostage', like they seem to be doing with Reunion, which will make it easier for another network to pick this up if the opportunity really does happen.
FYI - it is my understanding that the rest of Reunion wasn't even completed according to an Entertainment Weekly article I read. The writers said we hadn't even met the killers yet.

I would more liken it to the "hostage" situation that occurred with Firefly, Wonderfalls and Tru Calling.

I know where I'LL be that friday night - having a "Hey FOX, You BLUTH It!" party to watch the final episodes with friends/fans! Those S.O.B.s.
Old 01-13-06, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I like the scheduling. I love the Winter Olympics, but the Opening Ceremonies are a snorefest.
I agree. I am happy for both the two-hour block and not having to wonder what I'll watch instead of the opening ceremonies.
Old 01-13-06, 02:53 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan
FYI - it is my understanding that the rest of Reunion wasn't even completed according to an Entertainment Weekly article I read. The writers said we hadn't even met the killers yet.
My comment was referring to reports that WB was interested in picking up the show and actually film and air the rest of the episodes (WB is the production company behind the show, and would then be able to package the set as a DVD - an impossibility now), but Fox refused to air or release to WB the remaining completed but unaired episodes. Due to the nature of the show it would basically make it impossible for WB to continue the story without those middle episodes.
Old 01-13-06, 03:38 PM

So are there any new episodes airing before Feb 10th? With the day and time changes I forgot to watch the last couple of episodes and don't want to miss any more.
Old 01-13-06, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
what day and time change? It's been Mondays at 8 this whole season. There hasn't been an episode since S.O.B's last week.
Old 01-13-06, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Yeah, I never watch that part!

Chris
Old 01-13-06, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I'm just happy that Fox has scheduled a time for the last four eps. I was worried that we wouldn't get all four. I'm happy that I'll have the chance to watch them all in a row, although that probably doesn't look like a vote of confidence from the network. I'm just keeeping my fingers crossed that this won't be the last season. It just can't end yet!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.