Search this Thread

Old 01-02-06, 11:34 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Surface - 1/02

Episode 11
Spoiler:
Rich and Laura sneak out of the hospital with the footage of the creature before Lee and his men can catch them.
Old 01-02-06, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 602 Likes on 348 Posts
I hope they recap 'cuz I don't remember what was going on when they left off.
Old 01-02-06, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wonder how the Nimrod storyline will go from here.
Old 01-02-06, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bronkster
I hope they recap 'cuz I don't remember what was going on when they left off.
I was thinking the same thing. It seems like this show has been gone for a long time.
Old 01-02-06, 06:22 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Last new ep was Nov 28th
Old 01-02-06, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I did not think I'd like this show at first but it has grown on me. It's not exactly a "good' show but it sure is fun. I thought it would be the worst of the three new sci-fi shows but it's been just the opposite.
Old 01-02-06, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
so, is Miles gay?
Old 01-02-06, 07:33 PM

I agree. Surface is the best of the scifi series so far. I thought it would suck but I liked it the best so far. Guess it grew on me too.
Old 01-02-06, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is Miles wearing a wig?
Old 01-02-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
so, is Miles gay?
Maybe his new reptillian transformation/powers cause him to no longer be attracted to human females.

Or he's gay.
Old 01-02-06, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:
Only 4 more episodes!?
Old 01-02-06, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by movielib
Spoiler:
Only 4 more episodes!?
Spoiler:
So is this just a long mini-series?? No season 2?
Old 01-02-06, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by RaraFemina
Spoiler:
So is this just a long mini-series?? No season 2?

I hope not. It is quite enjoyable. I thought they had ordered a full season, but it seems maybe they are going for just the maxi-mini-series. Maybe Sci-Fi can pick it up.
Old 01-03-06, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kinda funny that they would diss their own news organization that way. They made MSNBC look really sensationalistic.

I was WTFing at the 4 more episodes crap. I thought this had already been picked up for a full season. But I guess Deal or No Deal got much better ratings last month, so maybe they want somethng cheaper.

I always wondered how this show could theoretically go on indefinitely. It always seemed to scream mini-series to me but I wonder if the creators knew that or if they will just try and wrap it all up now.

I was glad the tape is out there so that Laura and Rich can stop running, but then that ending makes me wonder what's going on now.

I hope that Miles goes online and sees the video and somehow hooks up with Dr. Laura and Rich. I have been waiting for those storylines to meet.
Old 01-03-06, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it goes on hiatus in February due to the Olympic coverage, but maybe it'll come back, maybe it won't in April/May.
Old 01-03-06, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Could someone recap so I'm up on the story line? We had a 3.5 hour power outage starting just before prime time (fuck you, Detroit Edison).
Old 01-03-06, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Killer green space otters of doom are eating people.
Old 01-03-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Laura and Rich are rushed to the hospital, with Laura clutching the tape they made. There are some bad guys at the hospital looking for them, but they manage to sneak out wearing hospital scrubs. They take the tape to Kinko's and the super-helpful dude working there (probably the smartest character in the show) makes 15 DVD cpies for them and uploads it to a web-site for people to download. They hitchhike to San Francisco, where Laura has a friend who is a TV reporter with the NBC affiliate. They pitch the story to her and the station picks it up for MSNBC. Laura talks Rich into not being interviewed so that they have a serious "science" face to the story. His feelings are hurt, but he agrees. When the MSNBC piece airs, they are both crushed to see it is presented as a puff info-tainment piece, like a Nessie sighting, and Dr. Laura's science credentials are scoffed at by another scientist, who brings up the phony plagiarism charges. Laura & Rich are bummed out about the MSNBC thing, but they get excited when they see their video was downloaded 61,000 times from the web-site. As the show airs, a hentchman calls Lee in his evil lair and says they know what hotel they are at and should they pick them up, but Lee says it is too late for that. At the end of the episode, there is a knock at the door saying it is the front desk and Laura is about to open it. We see there are bad guys in the hallway.

Meanwhile, Miles is saying goodbye to the dead Nimrod who is on ice. Nim miraculously sneezes and springs to life. Dr. Blum convinces Miles that the lab is the best place for him, so they can study him but he will be safe. Miles is allowed to attend the research and at first he is made to feel like an important part of Nim's discovery. But eventually he becomes saddened at all the experiments Nim is forced to endure. Then this hottie chick named Caitlin comes on to Miles and tells him not to trust Blum. He initially blows her off but they eventually go scuba diving together with Nim in the tank. Dr. Blum walks in and it turns out he is "Daddy" to Caitlin. He tells Miles he is no longer welcome at the lab. After Miles got out of the water, Caitlin noticed that he does not have prune hands like she does. He also seems to be sneezing at the same time Nim does. And as he walks home, he notices the streetlights flickering only as he walks past.

Last edited by Jadzia; 01-03-06 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-03-06, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old 01-03-06, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Kinda funny that they would diss their own news organization that way. They made MSNBC look really sensationalistic.
Countdown frequently has stories like that....I actually thought it was kind of cool because I'm a fan of both shows
Old 01-03-06, 02:44 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

According to the futon critic website it was only given an order for 15 episodes. House is moving into that timeslot once Idol returns on Fox so it probably would have a better shot at getting picked up if it went away now.

Was I the only one who thought Caitlan looked about 10 years older then Miles It will be intersting to see if he develops full blown powers like Nim has.
Old 01-03-06, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Was curious if there was a video link on MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10497189/
Old 01-03-06, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
According to the futon critic website it was only given an order for 15 episodes. House is moving into that timeslot once Idol returns on Fox so it probably would have a better shot at getting picked up if it went away now.
Is that new info? I know that was the plan, but I thought they had scrapped it and were leaving House in the same time slot and moving Bones.
Old 01-05-06, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I kind of hope they do end the show in 4 more episodes. Like was said earlier, this just feels like a maxi-series. It is very fun (if not borderline stupid) tv and I enjoy it, but I kind of hope they just end things. Without introducing any new characters or plot threads I don't see how this show could go another full season. Unless next season focused on the issues of the population of the monsters exploding.
Old 01-05-06, 01:02 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by clemente
Is that new info? I know that was the plan, but I thought they had scrapped it and were leaving House in the same time slot and moving Bones.
Yes, House is staying on Tuesday nights on FOX, Bones moves to Wednesday.