DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve '06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/450558-dick-clarks-rockin-new-years-eve-06-a.html)

TheBigDave 01-01-06 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
wow, i really hate megaupload though (it takes a really long time)

The file's around 31mb. It took about 20 minutes to dl on megaupload.

It's also available at:

http://www.hilarymedia.net/

But you'll have to register and they use some weird "credits" system for downloading.

Rypro 525 01-01-06 09:38 PM

i ended up using the megaupload. boy i hate the mtv style of editing.

lordwow 01-01-06 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Quatermass
I think whoever directed the show really botched it. Too many fast cuts and weird angles. It was like an amateur production or somebody trying to be overly hip who just doesn't get it. Most of Mariah Carey's performance was shown from a "backstage" angle even though she was clearly performing to the camera in front of her. I thought I was having a seizure at one point during the LA portion when they had no shot more than a full second long during one of the Pussycat Dolls performances, thus ruining my chance to ogle.
Dick Clark looked better than I expected, though.

I don't know if this is true during New Years, but A LOT of times during holidays, the regular staff has the night off and you are left with (literally) student interns running the switcher, and a TD Directing.

Sonny Corinthos 01-01-06 10:06 PM

Mariah Carey looked like she had gained at lot of weight. Did anyone else notice it?

Charlie Goose 01-01-06 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow
Ryan Seacrest handled most of the load.

As I'm sure he does on a daily basis.

Clark looked healthier than I thought he would. Obviously, his voice was rough and he didn't move his arm much, but at least there was no facial paralysis.

Michael Ballack 01-01-06 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
Mariah Carey looked like she had gained at lot of weight. Did anyone else notice it?

She's always been up and down with her weight.

Daytripper 01-01-06 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by gnradd21
Not that I'm as naturally pretty as her, but I hope in 25 years I look as well preserved as Susanna Hoffs did last night. The other ladies in the band looked more their age, but she seriously could've passed for late 20s/early 30s. No way she's almost 47! If she's had any plastic surgery/botox it's minimal and not obvious (no freakish trout-like collagen either thank god). Maybe it's just good genes. And I thought Madonna and Kim Cattrall looked good for their age. Add Susanna to the list.

I thought the Bangles and 311 were about the only good performances....

Well, there is a very good reason the Bangles turned in a good performance. They were lypsyncing. Too bad too, because they're a pretty good live band. I was actually surprised to see them on the show again. They were on two years ago doing the same song. I missed "Eternal Flame" last night. Not sure that was not live too. But "Hazy Shade of Winter" was definitely wasn't. I was also shocked to see that new Bangle. I didn't even realize Michael Steele left the band. She was on their reunion album (of sorts), "Doll Revolution" two years ago. But the new chic, I don't know. She seemed out of place. Did you notice the camera was never on her? And yes, Susannah Hoffs looks amazing.

nightwing82 01-02-06 01:10 AM

I had wondered if the Bangles were lipsyncing. It was hard to tell. Same with those Pussycat Dolls. I assume Hillary Duff was too. A+ on her attempting an 80s sound on her song though.

big whoppa 01-02-06 03:01 AM

Mariah's been packing on the pounds. Still better than all those Hollywood waifish girls.

Sonny Corinthos 01-02-06 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by big whoppa
Mariah's been packing on the pounds. Still better than all those Hollywood waifish girls.

I agree, I would rather have a plump Mariah than those rib showing gals we have seen in Hollywood the last couple of years.

Daytripper 01-02-06 07:17 AM

Re: Mariah. While I have to say she's not the type of performer I enjoy listening to, there's no denying the woman can sing. What's disturbing is she's still dressing like a hooker even though she has clearly put on many pounds. She was on "Ellen" recently and came out wearing a riding outfit. And was strutting around and posing before she sat down. It was pretty sad. Very goodlooking woman though.

BDLOU 01-02-06 10:25 AM

I really think they should have just cut to Dick for a few seconds for him thank everyone and wish a happy New Year. It was really sad to see him like that, especially at this time of year.

tommyp007 01-02-06 10:41 AM

Both my wife and I thought Mariah looked stunning. The extra pounds do her good.

mike7162 01-03-06 03:15 PM

I'm happy Dick is on the road to recovery, but it was a real downer seeing him like that.

I love a full bodied woman, but why does Mariah Carey have to dress like a tramp?

Jackskeleton 01-03-06 06:20 PM

I really think that he should have sat it out and recovered more. He really brought the whole thing down for my taste.

As for Mariah... ugh, no thanks. I already had christmas ham.

bboisvert 01-03-06 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by mike7162
I love a full bodied woman, but why does Mariah Carey have to dress like a tramp?

I would suspect that the answer is obvious...

RockStrongo 01-04-06 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos

Yeah, she needs to cover up that sh|t.