Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

anyone watch the Adam Corolla project?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-20-05, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doe anyone watch this show? i have been tivo'in it all the while and watch them here and there, but never see any discussions on it and havent heard anything ratings-wise
Old 12-20-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No real discussion because we really don't want to remember it. Adam Corolla seems to phone everything in and he seems to be stretched thin between all his projects to make this anything note worthy.
Old 12-20-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really enjoyed the show & hope they do another season but I doubt it. Anyone know when his new radio show starts or what stations are going to carry it. I wish they'd podcast it but that seems pretty unlikely.
Old 12-20-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Starts on the 3rd and it seems that whatever station had Stern in your area will carry it. Out in Los Angeles it's 97.1
Old 12-22-05, 02:18 PM

its also 97.1 here in detroit. odd, yet amusingly cool
Old 12-22-05, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440174
Old 12-22-05, 06:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I enjoyed it...how they sold that house for 1 mill 8 thousand is beyond me.
Old 12-22-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Silly Burrito
I enjoyed it...how they sold that house for 1 mill 8 thousand is beyond me.
It's California. The house was in Burbank, IIRC. That's why.
Old 12-22-05, 11:20 PM

I watched it. I'm as far from being a construction worker as possible, and I found they still managed to edit in a way to find it entertaining. What a cast of characters. I think my favorite was Ray. The least favorite was Steve or whoever the guy who was bossing them around. So either they were just playing a joke or I wonder if they are going to have another season with Adam remodeling his step mom's house. I'd watch it.
Old 12-23-05, 02:23 PM

I liked it. unlike every other home imporvement show, this one actually seemed to let the viewer know how much work goes into remodeling a house. Other shows will say stuff like 'We're going to knock out that wall' and then after a short montage, the wall is gone. This one showed that it's not that easy and you have to take a lot of stuff into account. Who knew you had to have a inspector check the amount of grade in your shower? Or that cutting 1 piece of wood 2 feet short could cause a ton of havoc.

Plus, Adam's wife is stacked like you wouldn't believe.

I hope they bring it back.

D
Old 12-23-05, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They definitely tried to set it up for the possibility to bring it back to renovate his mom's house. I liked the show just for the chance to see all these people he's talked about on the radio for so long, and to see the snippet of him doing his last Loveline show. The timing couldn't have been better for that.

As for his radio show, we won't be getting it in Seattle, at least not on the station that carried Stern. They gave that slot to some local host that lost his job to a format change. I feel sorry for the people in the East that are stuck with David Lee Roth.
Old 12-23-05, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
I enjoyed this show tremendously.
Old 12-24-05, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 345 Posts
I liked the show a lot and will kinda miss the goofballs involved. My only "complaint" is that I was hoping there would be a bit more "how to" stuff Adam-style going on. Maybe they figured that's been done enough on other shows, but I don't watch those other shows!
Old 12-25-05, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones
It's California. The house was in Burbank, IIRC. That's why.
, if you have every listened to Adam on radio talk about Rapebank...I mean Burbank. The house is in North Hollywood, and the prices in LA are insane right now.
Old 12-25-05, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ovid
, if you have every listened to Adam on radio talk about Rapebank...I mean Burbank. The house is in North Hollywood, and the prices in LA are insane right now.
I visited my uncle who is renting a house in Laguna Beach in October. A shack there goes for like 2 million. Insane!!!!!
Old 12-27-05, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Roto
They definitely tried to set it up for the possibility to bring it back to renovate his mom's house. I liked the show just for the chance to see all these people he's talked about on the radio for so long, and to see the snippet of him doing his last Loveline show. The timing couldn't have been better for that.

As for his radio show, we won't be getting it in Seattle, at least not on the station that carried Stern. They gave that slot to some local host that lost his job to a format change. I feel sorry for the people in the East that are stuck with David Lee Roth.
I really hope this comes back. And I wish we would carry his morning show, but we did not even get Howard so I doubt I will hear Adam. Hell I would get Sirius for Adam today.