Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Attack of the Show appreciation thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-08, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't watch it regularly, but the show has definitely gotten better when they decided what they wanted to be.
Old 03-28-08, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Wow - what a stark contrast from 2005...

Thanks for the pictures you guys. Glad to see this show is getting more support. I've been watching since they had that blonde chick as co-host (can't recall her name or what she looked like) and they definitely continue to get better.

The commercials on this channel are unbearable.
Old 03-28-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
The blond chick is Sarah Lane

Even though Olivia is the hotness, I always thought Sarah was more knowledgeable about games and such. She seemed more of the kind you could hang with and have a few beers.

Kevin is an awesome host. I hope he's paid well.

During Comic-Con 2006 I found myself in an enviable position. I was walking behind Olivia while she was heading to a meeting with a couple of AOTS's producers. Yes, she has an awesome ass... no, I didn't take any pics.
Old 03-28-08, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, it's hard to believe I've been watching this almost everyday for 3 years now! Still love it.

I really think Kevin makes the show what it is. I'm always disappointed if they have some replacement for him...it's just not the same. Same goes for Oliva, but to a lesser degree. Kevin has the ability to carry the show with any co-host, but she usually needs a strong lead to work off of.
Old 03-29-08, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know, for the first time since the piece of shit known as G4 canned TSS, I just happened to be channel surfing Wednesday and decided to see what this thing had turned into. Weird this thread is bumped at the same time.

Anyway, what the hell is the draw of this show? No, I take that question back. What is the point of it? I watched the entire hour. I spent some time after watching it, wondering who would watch it. I was left with assuming the only people they could possibly be targeting with this show full of nothing is 12-15 year old boys. And honestly, that's not trying to insult anyone that watches it. Here's what I saw: First of all, both hosts took a really strong stance that they hate "fatties", love it when they see "fatties" hurting themselves etc. Considering fat-ass nerds are the only ones watching a network about gaming, that seems pretty fucking stupid to insult your core audience.

Aside from that, half of the show was simply showing YouTube videos of people doing moronic things. If I wanted that, I'd, uhh... watch YouTube? Next obligatory "sexual innuendo" night. A segment on Asian films. The only one I'm qualified to speak on that they talked about, Silk, is a film which I watched almost two years ago. Really timely there. A crappy interview with some loser blogger about MySpace/Google/Yahoo, with novice level tech stuff aimed more at teenagers that actually use said social networking sites. And then more YouTube videos. I think I actually shed a tear thinking of the good old days of Leo and Kate after watching, well, nothing.
Old 03-29-08, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

definitely love this show... great stuff.

-NiCK
Old 03-29-08, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TomOpus
The blond chick is Sarah Lane

Even though Olivia is the hotness, I always thought Sarah was more knowledgeable about games and such. She seemed more of the kind you could hang with and have a few beers.

Kevin is an awesome host. I hope he's paid well.

During Comic-Con 2006 I found myself in an enviable position. I was walking behind Olivia while she was heading to a meeting with a couple of AOTS's producers. Yes, she has an awesome ass... no, I didn't take any pics.
Ugh - thank god they got rid of that slagbag. She may have known more, but she was such a fake person trying to be all Mtv for the kids. It was annoying.

As for Olivia - I got a chance to meet her at E3 (05 I think)... It was brief, but I'm sure she felt a spark and wanted to come back to my shitty hotel with me if not for her being contracted to work that day. Oh well.. at least we're myspace buds. I'm also myspace buds with kevin, but I don't know why or how... I think I just wrote them both saying "good show" and they added me and said "thanks".

I was disappointed when G4 consumed and dissolved everything good about TechTv, but it's nice to see the network finally turning into a great source of entertainment... between cops, cheaters, ninja warrior, and banzuke - it's a pretty reliable channel to just have on in the background.
Old 03-31-08, 03:12 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

One of the best shows on TV... Lets give some props to the lovely Anna David as well.
Old 07-10-09, 05:26 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Attack of the Show appreciation thread

So, AOTS had its 1000th episode last night...

I am a huge fan of this show actually... nothing else quite like it on television.
Old 07-10-09, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

This and Ninja Warrior (and the occasional Banzuke) are the only reason I ever tune in to the channel.
Old 07-10-09, 10:22 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Meh. I DVR it every day and typically watch the first 30 minutes or so.
Old 07-10-09, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Same here. But I fast forward through it, usually making it a 10-15 minute show.

What happened to the British girl that used to do the Feed?
Old 07-10-09, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

^ she was "let go"..

Same here, but I usually FFW through it only stopping when something looks mildly interesting or Olivia does something of interest. Or anything of interest... or anytime she's on camera.
Old 07-11-09, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe

Layla Kayleigh

Old 07-13-09, 10:07 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

i just inquired today as to what happened to Layla. you can see her emotional goodbye at G4tv.com. i don't think she was let go. i think bc she is pregnant and all, she wanted to movie on.
Old 07-14-09, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
i think bc she is pregnant and all, she wanted to movie on.
I'd gladly watch her in any movie.
Old 07-14-09, 12:32 AM

Go for it.
Old 07-14-09, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Those of you going to Comic-Con, I highly recommend going to the AOTS panel. They recreate the show and it's a lot of fun. Be sure to get in line early because, last year, they had to turn away a lot of peeps who got there too late.

And you can hear Olivia in all her uncensored glory.
Old 07-14-09, 05:57 PM

i have a feeling Olivia is not too long for the show either and Alison Haslep will likely take her place which would be a damn shame and i will probably not watch any longer as i find her bland
Old 07-14-09, 06:02 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by scott1598
i have a feeling Olivia is not too long for the show either and Alison Haslep will likely take her place which would be a damn shame and i will probably not watch any longer as i find her bland
Umm, why?
Old 07-14-09, 06:05 PM

Umm, why?
I'm guessing he means because of her (non nude) Playboy pictorial and her role in Iron Man 2.

It'd suck if Olivia left considering she's the only reason to even watch the show. I don't mind Alison, though. She'll do.
Old 07-14-09, 06:09 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
I'm guessing he means because of her (non nude) Playboy pictorial and her role in Iron Man 2.

It'd suck if Olivia left considering she's the only reason to even watch the show. I don't mind Alison, though. She'll do.
You mean her getting attention would force her off the show? G4 should lock her in while she has a chance... (she is also guesting on ABC Familys Greek this season). She is the only reason I watch the show and the network.
Old 07-14-09, 06:13 PM

You mean her getting attention would force her off the show? G4 should lock her in while she has a chance... (she is also guesting on ABC Familys Greek this season). She is the only reason I watch the show and the network.
That's what people assumed, I think. She's been in shitty movies before so I don't think that would be enough to force her off though. Her role in Iron Man 2 isn't known yet (I think) so it's probably small. She probably only got the part because Favreau drools over her every time he's on the show.

I don't think she's leaving anytime soon.
Old 07-14-09, 06:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
That's what people assumed, I think. She's been in shitty movies before so I don't think that would be enough to force her off though. Her role in Iron Man 2 isn't known yet (I think) so it's probably small. She probably only got the part because Favreau drools over her every time he's on the show.

I don't think she's leaving anytime soon.
I hope not! I enjoy how open they seem to be on the show. They tend to say things that I wouldn't expect a "video game" network would say.
Old 07-14-09, 07:25 PM

i don't think she will be forced out in anyway. they would be lucky to keep her, but i think SHE has desires to do other stuff and will leave on her own. she has not appeared in over 35 live shows this year (as reported) because she was off doing other stuff.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.