Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Are they going to rerun The Shield - Season 4?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been seeing a shitload of commercials that S5 starts 1/10. I know S4 comes out on DVD at the end of the month, but I wont buy it till I find it used for $28 and that wont be till the new season. I want to catch S4 before S5 as I want to watch that weekly instead of waiting for reruns or the DVD.
Old 12-16-05, 03:18 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 268 Likes on 203 Posts
According to the FX website they have the first 3 episodes of season 4 playing on New Years Eve. I don't know if it's an all night marathon or if they'll show the rest later in the week.
Old 12-16-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,109 Likes on 804 Posts
Before other new season starts, they have had week-long marathons, where they show the previous season, 2-3 episodes each night.
Old 12-16-05, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
According to the FX website they have the first 3 episodes of season 4 playing on New Years Eve. I don't know if it's an all night marathon or if they'll show the rest later in the week.

New Year's Eve this year is on Saturday. Every Saturday night they show 4 episodes, sometimes less. So if they dont have a marathon it only takes about a month to catch up on a whole season since they only make about 10-13 episodes a year. It's very easy for me to tape the shows like this and hold off on buying the seasons until I can get them for $20 a piece.
Old 12-19-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hey sweet! I went to the site, but it was down for me.

So nothing on Christmas but on New Years? If they show 4 a week, that means I'll have to record the new season while the old is rerun on saturdays, and record those.

damn thats alot of recording
Old 12-20-05, 12:46 AM

I don't think they'd be able to catch up the whole 4th season before the premiere on the 10th without having a marathon. I just hope they dont cycle back to reruns of the 1st season before they show all of the 4th like some shows.

Do they replay new eps on the weekend like they did with Rescue Me?

edit:

did another search and theyre showing 4 eps on new year's eve, another 4 the following Saturday (Jan 7th), 3 the next night (1/8) then another 6 on Jan 9th which is the entire 4th season run. The season finale airs the last night on 1/10 at midnight, same day as the S5 premiere.

Last edited by uhftv; 12-27-05 at 10:48 PM.