TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bones 12/13 - The Man in the Fallout Shelter

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-05, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Bones 12/13 - The Man in the Fallout Shelter

Description:

Brennan and her team are brought in to identify the body of a man found in a fallout shelter. While cutting into the bones of the man, Zach accidently releases a deadly fungus, that causes the team to be quarantined over Christmas.

I thought this was a good episode. The mystery-solving part was okay, with a nice feel-good moment at the end, but I thought the character interaction was great. Loved the interaction between "high" Booth and Goodman. Funny stuff. Bones was kind of getting on my nerves at first, but once they explained her aversion to Christmas, she was better. Still liking this show a lot.
Old 12-15-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you get that "Firefly" shout-out?

I am really liking this show, and will watch every episode.

It's a lot of fun.
Old 12-15-05, 12:52 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
I wasn't impressed by this series at first. It seemed like a second-rate CSI clone. But I'm liking it a lot more as we get to know the characters.
Old 12-15-05, 01:08 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I liked it as well.

The supporting characters are fun to watch which helps since Brennan is annoying.
Old 12-15-05, 04:56 PM

What I didn't like was that we didn't get to see what her gift from her parents was.
Old 12-16-05, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kenage
What I didn't like was that we didn't get to see what her gift from her parents was.
It doesn't matter what the gift from her parents was, any more than it mattered what was in the briefcase in "Pulp Fiction."
Old 12-16-05, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
I liked it as well.

The supporting characters are fun to watch which helps since Brennan is annoying.
I liked Brennan a lot at the shows beginning, but her catch phrases are getting old very quickly. And I'm sorry but I just have a hard time believing someone as smart as she is could be so damn dense. They need to take a bit of the edge off of her character I think.

Everyone else is really fun to watch however. A nice little show that I will keep on watching.
Old 12-16-05, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Yeah, Bones does grate a bit. Loved the Firefly reference. Actually, I love all the "geek" references those two guys make.
Old 12-16-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I still love every time Bones says something like, "I don't know what that means."
Old 12-16-05, 02:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a good laugh when I saw who Brennan's female assistants (I can't remember her name) dad was. A member of ZZ Top. That was cool!!
Old 12-16-05, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

She said 'you will probably recognize my dad, but I don't want to talk about it'.

Interesting reveal on that- no spoken dialogue, just an 'oh yeah I know that guy!' moment for some, and pure confusion for others.
Old 12-16-05, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
It doesn't matter what the gift from her parents was, any more than it mattered what was in the briefcase in "Pulp Fiction."
Well too me it did matter.
Old 12-18-05, 12:17 AM

This show has gotten a hell of a lot better since the first episodes. Agree with the Brennen charactor being annoying. She is easily the least interesting charactor so far.
Old 12-18-05, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I liked Brennan a lot at the shows beginning, but her catch phrases are getting old very quickly. And I'm sorry but I just have a hard time believing someone as smart as she is could be so damn dense. They need to take a bit of the edge off of her character I think.
I completly agree with that take. What I find really annoying is that every time they are in a social situation she has to give some annoying textbook explanation of some particular behavior.
Old 12-19-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bateman
I completly agree with that take. What I find really annoying is that every time they are in a social situation she has to give some annoying textbook explanation of some particular behavior.
I don't know i've known a few people who are just like her. Everything from the scientific explanations to her complete ignorance on any other subject.
I love the show though, a little change of pace was nice.