Reload this Page >

Anyone watch Sleeper Cell?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-05-05, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recorded this new Showtime miniseries last night, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Did anyone take a look at it? Just wondering what to maybe expect, quality wise.
Old 12-05-05, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
I recorded this new Showtime miniseries last night, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Did anyone take a look at it? Just wondering what to maybe expect, quality wise.

I watched it, but wasn't paying complete attention. I thought it was okay. If the subsequent episodes get better, a bit tighter with some toned down acting, I will watch the whole season. As of now, I will check out the next couple of eps and then decide.
Old 12-05-05, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was curious about this myself as I recently read a good review about it.
We currently have the free preview of Showtime going and I had thoughts of checking it out last night but didn't since I knew I would not be able to see the entire series.
Hopefully it will come out on DVD soon and I'll catch it then.
Old 12-05-05, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Phil L.
I was curious about this myself as I recently read a good review about it.
We currently have the free preview of Showtime going and I had thoughts of checking it out last night but didn't since I knew I would not be able to see the entire series.
Hopefully it will come out on DVD soon and I'll catch it then.
it's already been announced, match 14, 2006 ... details -> http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4624
Old 12-05-05, 07:42 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have it recorded but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
Old 12-06-05, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I watched the first ep last night. It was decent. Not the greatest thing that I've ever seen, but I think that I'll keep watching.
Old 12-06-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

actually the second aired last night, and the third airs tonight.
Old 12-06-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've only seen the first episode so far, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm glad they're airing them back-to-back like they are, rather than dragging the show out over 9-10 weeks.
Old 12-06-05, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Spanky BananaPants
I've only seen the first episode so far, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm glad they're airing them back-to-back like they are, rather than dragging the show out over 9-10 weeks.
Yeah, I like that a lot as well. You can get more into the story that way and keep the momentum going.
Old 12-07-05, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just caught the first episode, it was pretty good. Is it me or does Darwin's girlfriend look like the chick from CSI? Only a little hotter.
Old 12-14-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just watched the first 4 episodes (off work today) and I really like this show. It's far more entertaining than Masters of Horror and actually scarier.

Surprised I haven't heard more talk about this show. Is it flying under the radar or is just no one watching it here on the forum?
Old 12-17-05, 01:53 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Just watched the ep where they go down to Mexico and it feels like it's starting to pick up.

Had to laugh at them using Paypal to transfer the money in
Old 12-17-05, 11:08 AM

Thought it was pretty good so far, looks really good in HD>
Old 12-18-05, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm liking the show so far. The 4 episodes each week is great. I wish they would give a timeline on the show though, I have no idea how much time is passing.

dave
Old 12-18-05, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, let's not forget that the two-hour finale is tonight. I caught up on the last four eps yesterday. The show has really picked up steam. I was especially surprised when the Afghan teen killed the FBI handler. And as a dog owner, I found the test scene with the dogs to be one of the more disturbing scenes I have seen recently. Should be interesting to see how this all wraps up.
Old 12-18-05, 05:26 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

The first 2 episodes weren't very good I thought, but it has really picked up since then.

Christian cracks me up

"Motherfucker"

"You're damn right I am Tommy boy"
Old 12-19-05, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't realize there was even a thread about it. It's not much of one, but here it is!
The finale was great! The last 4 episodes or so were particularly intense. The characters within the sleeper cell were very well written.
Old 12-19-05, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No, it's not much of a thread, but at least there is one. I really like the finale last night. I thought it had a lot of suspense, and that one gassing was pretty intense. The one problem I had with the finale was that I really don't think we needed the single mom and her kid at the baseball game. It was just one more thread that didn't need to be included in those final moments. But I guess they had it so that Darwyn could conveniently find the son. Anyway, I ended up really enjoying this miniseries.

When I first heard of Sleeper Cell, I thought I heard that it was going to be a series. Anyone know if there is any chance of them continuing the show (obviously not with Darwyn undercover)? I would be interested to see what happens to the remaining characters, like the Bosnian and the DC cell (although we never really saw them).
Old 12-19-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gale & the kid were at the game mainly because farik wanted them to die also..having darwyn find the kid was just the feel good ending..

dave
Old 12-19-05, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dave99
Gale & the kid were at the game mainly because farik wanted them to die also..having darwyn find the kid was just the feel good ending..

dave
I realize that, but I still think it was a bit too much. Isn't the happy ending the fact that none of the bombs were detonated and a chemical attack was averted?
Old 12-19-05, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree that it was lame to have Gail and her kid at the game. I thoroughly enjoyed the show as a whole, but that one part made it seem more like something on a network movie of the week (like that craptastic "10.5" one a year or so ago) and less like the quality show Sleeper Cell was. Just a bit too cheesy.
Old 12-20-05, 04:06 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

I just watched the last 3 eps straight through and agree it was a good finale, except for Gail and the kid being at the game. I'm glad tey brought the record store chick back at the end as well as that seemed pointless at the time.

The depth they gave the cell members, mostly the supporting guys becasue we knew very little about Farik, was well done. Christian and Tommy's relationship was fun to watch.
Old 12-22-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished the finale. I don't think I have ever been so nervous watching a television show. Fuck Masters of Horror...this is what everyone should have been watching. Shame it hasn't gotten more attention as it was the best drama series I have watched in recent years.

Every character was believable & they did not paint everything in the stereotypical way as you would normally expect. Some good surprises throughout the series as well.

Who was the actress who played Patrice(sp?) who took over Ray's position? Can't seem to find her name anywhere.

For those of you who have Showtime, they stated at the end of the finale that they are going to run the series from the beginning starting around January 10th. I strongly suggest you try it.
Old 12-22-05, 01:18 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd

Who was the actress who played Patrice(sp?) who took over Ray's position? Can't seem to find her name anywhere.
Sonya Walger
Old 12-22-05, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrX
Awesome. Thanks Mr. X. She is super hot (in my opinion). She looked familiar and i wanted to check her out in some other things.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.