DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   NBC Announces Midseason Changes (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/447302-nbc-announces-midseason-changes.html)

boogieman03 12-02-05 07:49 AM

And if 4 Kings doesn't work out, I'm thinking they could either move one episode of Scrubs to Thursday, which would totally rock, or they could plug Joey back in, which I still like and find kinda funny.

theedge 12-02-05 08:49 AM

Yay, 2 Scrubs! Wish they had em on 2 different nights, but I guess it don't matter since I will be PVR'ing them anyway. The icing on the cake would be for NBC to pickup Arrested Development and pair it with Scrubs! :)

fuzzbox 12-02-05 09:49 AM

Oh, goody, My Name Is Earl up againt the most popular show on television, C.S.I. Vegas.

I guess I need to get another ReplayTV...

-jason

pinata242 12-02-05 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by theedge
The icing on the cake would be for NBC to pickup Arrested Development and pair it with Scrubs! :)

IS TOO SEXY!
http://snl.jt.org/pics/char/JiFa-Se_...%20Ramirez.jpg

DRG 12-02-05 11:21 AM

Book of Daniel seems like 7th Heaven meets Joan of Arcadia to me, although perhaps slightly edgier than either of those shows.

I wouldn't mind a Joey/Scrubs/Earl/Office lineup (since the AD thing just ain't gonna happen). I hate Will & Grace and the 4 Kings previews haven't really wowed me.

Red Dog 12-02-05 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
There will be a new one for the winter/spring.

Follow-up on Amazing Race. Looks like CBS is holding the next edition until March so they can test something else in the slot in January and because the Winter Olympics is on in Feb.

pinata242 12-02-05 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by DRG
I wouldn't mind a Joey/Scrubs/Earl/Office lineup (since the AD thing just ain't gonna happen). I hate Will & Grace and the 4 Kings previews haven't really wowed me.

This is W&G's last season isn't it? I think next season we'll probably have that lineup. I don't know how Joey's doing if it'll be back or not.

Jimmy James 12-02-05 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
This is W&G's last season isn't it? I think next season we'll probably have that lineup. I don't know how Joey's doing if it'll be back or not.

Is this the first of the two seasons Scrubs got renewed for or the second? If it's the second, I'd be shocked to see it return. I don't want to be a downer, but you don't shelve a show like that if you're in the place NBC is in unless you have given up on it.

pinata242 12-02-05 03:44 PM

I really don't know. In my optomistic mind, they only shelved Scrubs because they wanted to give both Earl and The Office a chance, but didn't expect them both to be picked up. That's why they waited so long to start Scrubs and that's why we get 2 eps a night. I'm no expert though. I wouldn't be surprised if this is its last season either.

Jimmy James 12-02-05 04:08 PM

I really don't know. In my optomistic mind, they only shelved Scrubs because they wanted to give both Earl and The Office a chance, but didn't expect them both to be picked up. That's why they waited so long to start Scrubs and that's why we get 2 eps a night. I'm no expert though. I wouldn't be surprised if this is its last season either.

It isn't as though NBC had such a wonderful schedule set up that they couldn't squeeze Scrubs in. They bought a bunch of garbage for this season and are lousy with lousy reality fare on the schedule. That is why I'm so pessimistic about the future of the show. If it were an asset, they could have carved out a place for it on the schedule.

Morf 12-02-05 04:10 PM

I just read on CNN that Joey has been pulled until March:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....ap/index.html

Jimmy James 12-02-05 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morf
I just read on CNN that Joey has been pulled until March:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....ap/index.html

So, in other words, NBC is going to be canning a lot of sitcoms come May. That might actually work in the favor of Scrubs.

Darknite39 12-03-05 09:10 PM

:banana: Scrubs! :banana:

calhoun07 12-04-05 01:42 AM

:banana: Pulling Joey! :banana:

Dr_Evil 12-04-05 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
So, in other words, NBC is going to be canning a lot of sitcoms come May. That might actually work in the favor of Scrubs.

Scrubs isn't exactly a ratings giant. It was barely hanging in there last season, often losing to shows like According to Jim.

Jadzia 12-04-05 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by calhoun07

That sounds like a euphemism for masturbation. ;)

huzefa 12-04-05 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
Scrubs isn't exactly a ratings giant. It was barely hanging in there last season, often losing to shows like According to Jim.

God I hate America! When shows like Scrubs do worse than the crap-filled borefest that is According to Jim...

Green Smurf 12-04-05 05:50 PM

I'm still upset Fox canceled Kitchen Confidential.

Scrubs from what I read at Eonline was pulled so they could film the entire season right away, and because they couldn't start production right away because of cast members having other projects.

Jimmy James 12-04-05 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dr_Evil

No -- that was exactly what I'm saying. NBC is getting rid of W&G, and it looks bad for Joey. Four Kings also looks terrible based on its marketing, though that might just be an anomaly. What I'm saying is that if these three are terrible and Scrubs does okay, it might result in Scrubs staying around. That would suprise me because I have been writing it off since I heard it wouldn't be on in the fall.

Originally Posted by Green Smurf
I'm still upset Fox canceled Kitchen Confidential.

I'm really rather annoyed that AD gets so much attention for supposedly being wronged by Fox when it is apparent that KC was wronged far more seriously. They didn't even give it a chance.

nightwing82 12-05-05 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That still doesn't explain Joey/Chandler.

Or Ross - no way he could afford that apartment he had on his own.

Joey and Chandler's apartment is tiny (Joey's bedroom is just slightly bigger than a closet), and Chandler has a nice salary.

Ross is subletting his from Ugly Naked Guy.

digitalfreaknyc 01-28-06 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07

Amazingly, Will & Grace actually did worse Thursday night than Joey's lowest-rated new episode ever, and Four Kings also did very poorly. In other words, NBC may have been better off with a Joey/Will & Grace lineup than a Will & Grace/Four Kings lineup. Only time will tell...