TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. - 12/01/05

Old 12-01-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The O.C. - 12/01/05

"The Game Plan", Episode #308.

Spoiler:
As other seniors prepare their college applications, Ryan, Seth, Summer and Marissa ponder what they want to do with their lives.

Cast: Peter Gallagher, Benjamin McKenzie, Kelly Rowan, Adam Brody, Mischa Barton, Rachel Bilson, Melinda Clarke.
Producer(s): Josh Schwartz, Doug Liman, McG, Dave Bartis, Bob DeLaurentis.

Original Airdate: December 1, 2005.

The O.C.
Old 12-02-05, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wasn't that great tonight (there are more posts for reunion than this one!).

I fear for the future of this show. I can honestly see them pulling it when the graduate.
Old 12-02-05, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It didn't even cross my mind to set a tape. Did anything important happen?
Old 12-02-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marissa is having a hard time with college admission essays and her past with the shooting of Trey. It makes her want to not go to college, and Chilli and Johnny offer Marissa the opportunity to hang out with them on the surfing circuit.

Ryan confronts Marissa at the beach about her blowing off college, and Ryan leaves, but Johnny decided to chase after Ryan, and he gets hit by a car, which results in Johnny blowing out his knee, and his chances at surfing professionally. Johnny remains resolute in returning to surfing by working to get it back. This convinces Marissa to give college another shot.

Julie moved to a trailer park after pretty much getting evicted from her swanky place, but Kirsten offered to team up with Julie in some business venture to get her out of the park (but only after Kirsten was able to process that her buddy in rehab was just trying to prey on her wealth and connections).

Taylor tried to run off Summer since Seth wants to go to Brown, and she wanted to go to U. of Arizona. Finally Summer gave Taylor the green light to pursue Seth at Brown, but then Taylor suggested that Summer apply to Providence, which is only 20 minutes from Brown.

Sandy tried to get Seth to go to Berkeley, invites to dinner a college friend who now works at Berkeley for more convincing. It turns out it might be Ryan and Marissa who are considering Berkeley.
Old 12-03-05, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
It didn't even cross my mind to set a tape. Did anything important happen?
In terms of plot, yeah, I'd say a lot happened. Whether you find it important is a different matter. Honestly, this show is getting really dull. It's pretty obvious at this point the formula is to introduce a character or situation to threaten Sandy/Kirsten, Ryan/Marissa, Seth/Summer, and Julie/her money only to resolve it within a few episodes and reset everything back to normal.

So basically they've gotten rid of Charlotte and Taylor and come up with the idea of Kirstin and Julie going into business together. That leaves only the Ryan/Marissa/Johnny love triangle unresolved, and could there be a duller storyline on TV right now?

If this show doesn't shape up by January when a bunch of characters are rumored to return(please God, let Anna be one of them), I'm done with it. I'm not even looking forward to the Chrismukkah episode at this point.
Old 12-03-05, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
In terms of plot, yeah, I'd say a lot happened. Whether you find it important is a different matter. Honestly, this show is getting really dull. It's pretty obvious at this point the formula is to introduce a character or situation to threaten Sandy/Kirsten, Ryan/Marissa, Seth/Summer, and Julie/her money only to resolve it within a few episodes and reset everything back to normal.

So basically they've gotten rid of Charlotte and Taylor and come up with the idea of Kirstin and Julie going into business together. That leaves only the Ryan/Marissa/Johnny love triangle unresolved, and could there be a duller storyline on TV right now?

If this show doesn't shape up by January when a bunch of characters are rumored to return(please God, let Anna be one of them), I'm done with it. I'm not even looking forward to the Chrismukkah episode at this point.
I would LOVE for Anna to come back. It really hurt the show when she left. Her parents live there, she should have been in a few episodes since she left.

I was a huge fan of this show in season 1 but i have kind of lost interest in the show this season. It has a lot to do with Smallville being played at the same time. I forgot to run the tape a few times and got behind in the story. Now im like 5 episodes behind so i can't really watch the new episodes and im not sure its worth buying the DVD for Season 3 just to catch up for season 4.
Old 12-03-05, 11:38 AM

if there even is a season 4...
Old 12-03-05, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, if somehow the young'uns end up in Ohio University, they could just change the title to "The O.U."
Old 12-04-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Although if Seth and Summer end up going to school in Rhode Island, they could potentially bring Anna back because maybe she might go to Brown as well.
Old 12-05-05, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This whole thread is hopping these days.
Old 12-05-05, 01:22 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

A few funny bits but that's about it. I couldn't care less about Marissa and her buddies from the new school.
Old 12-05-05, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, for me at least, the show appears to be on an upswing the last few epsiodes, so I got no complaints.

As for the possiblity of Anna coming back...don't know if it means anything, but in the booklet to The O.C. Mix 5 CD - which is set up sort of like a yearbook with signatures from different characters - the one from Anna reads..."Hey guys - See you soon! Missing you in Pittsburgh".

Guess we'll just have to wait and see - but I'm all for it.
Old 12-05-05, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ok...maybe you guys don't read spoilers but the character coming back is
Spoiler:
Kaitlin....Marissa' younger sister. She's coming back with an a-t-t-itude!
Old 12-05-05, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Ok...maybe you guys don't read spoilers but the character coming back is
Spoiler:
Kaitlin....Marissa' younger sister. She's coming back with an a-t-t-itude!
I knew that character was coming back, albeit recast(just like Trey last year). I just hope there's someone else accompanying them. How much trouble can a person that young stir up?
Old 12-05-05, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was kind of disappointed that the car didn't blow up when it hit Johnny.

And please let Taylor be gone for good.

When is Hailey coming back?