Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Why can't I get a distant network feed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-05, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RichardW
Is there a list of upcoming cities somewhere? I get Tulsa's networks and was wondering where they might be on the list. They are currently broadcasting in HD, so they're not behind the times at least.
I doubt DirecTV will make the timetable for changes available, but the newest DMA listing here will give you a good idea of the upcoming order:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=574540
Old 12-01-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SexualPudding
You may not care about your local affiliates, but they are obviously the reason you won't be granted waivers for the DNS feeds from DirecTV. In order for you to get any of those, they do have to do something-relinquish their "rights" to your household. They do care where you get your programming from, and it's all because of advertising, as others have said.
I agree and as I said before that was fine when all local broadcasts were more or less the same. HD has changed the equation and the law should be changed to take HD into account. IMO it should be changed so that network HD feeds would be available to those areas not served by a HD broadcast. However I recognize that it is not likely to change, not soon anyway. Most likely I will do a paper move as many others advocate.
Old 12-05-05, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
I doubt DirecTV will make the timetable for changes available, but the newest DMA listing here will give you a good idea of the upcoming order:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=574540
61. Tulsa, OK

Old 12-25-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I checked the HD stations recently and I'm getting the east coast ABC HD feed now. Come on new episodes of Desperate Housewives and Lost!

A DirecTV guy came out to check on my install and to see if I was satisfied with the service. I told him I was waiting on the HD waivers and he said Tulsa should be switching over to local HD channels the first part of next year. They already had the equipment and were testing it.