Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Related (series thread)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Related (series thread)

Ok, so there were quite a few people who mentioned watching Related in the "shows you admit to watching" thread, but there aren't usually episode threads here. So I figured I would start an ongoing thread just to discuss the show in general.

So who is your favorite sister? I like Ann the best. I thought it was hilarious how she went back to the dorm to get a booty call from Zach.

The Thanksgiving episode was cute also.
Old 11-18-05, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Ann the best as well Jadzia. I dont know what it is about her but I feel more for her than either of the other three. I know the "relationship" with Zack is going nowhere, but maybe it will wake her up and let her find a new man for her.
Old 11-18-05, 06:54 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
They all have likeable qualities, but I agee I like Anne the most so far(Kiele Sanchez )
Old 11-18-05, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
This show is actually my favorite new show of the season (Earl excluded) It's always the first thing on the TiVo that I watch. The Thanksgiving episode was perhaps my favorite episode yet. I do fear that it won't make it through the season but with the 2 nights a week push it looks like they are trying to keep it around.

I originally started watching for Jennifer Esposito but Kiele Sanchez (Ann) has turned into my favorite thing about the show.
Old 11-18-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
I originally started watching for Jennifer Esposito but Kiele Sanchez (Ann) has turned into my favorite thing about the show.
Same reason that I have watched a couple of eps - and the same reason I'll possibly watch a few more.
Old 11-18-05, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrX
They all have likeable qualities, but I agee I like Anne the most so far(Kiele Sanchez )
I have to wonder if the guys ever call her "Dirty".
Old 11-19-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I also like Ann the best. Her flirting with the 'sausage' guy was pretty funny.
Old 11-21-05, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was so happy to see Emmet from Queer As Folk as Renee's long-lost son! I hope he becomes a recurring character. I was sad that Renee chickened out of meeting him.

I hate that the WB has to spoil the show so much in the beginning. Why, after the 'previously on' segment, do they also have to do a 'tonight on' segment spoiling the whole damn show? I have never seen a show do that before. Do they think the audience is so dumb that we won't watch unless they tell us everything that is supposed to happen? Personally, I would have liked to have found out Renee's secret later in the episode, when I was supposed. Jeez.

I have no problems with subtle product placement, ike they do with the Ford cars on Alias and 24, but tonight was too much. 33 mpg? All leather interior? Optional surround system? That was just ridiculous.
Old 11-22-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Although I also like Ann, l love Marjee.
Been a fan for awhile (Mean Girls, The Pitts, Tru Calling & Freaks and Geeks).
Old 11-22-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I haven't watched last night's episode yet so I have just skimmed here and there. My favorite sister is Rose. College girls
Old 11-22-05, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 171 Posts
http://www.stuffmagazine.com/cover_g...rl.aspx?id=224
Old 11-22-05, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, who knew she had those? She doesn't show them off on the show.

Another enjoyable episode for me. I thought the driving storyline was the weakest but it still kept my attention. So Renee's asthma attack on Thanksgiving wasn't the girls fault afterall? Rose needs to move on from Al(ex)(ander) Looks like she finally sees that Joel has a thing for her.
Old 11-23-05, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I hate that the WB has to spoil the show so much in the beginning. Why, after the 'previously on' segment, do they also have to do a 'tonight on' segment spoiling the whole damn show? I have never seen a show do that before. Do they think the audience is so dumb that we won't watch unless they tell us everything that is supposed to happen? Personally, I would have liked to have found out Renee's secret later in the episode, when I was supposed. Jeez.
Jesus christ. Yes, that is so friggin' annoying. I do know that the show is getting lousy ratings, even by WB's standards, so this must be their way of trying to snag more viewers. I can't think of many things more obnoxious, though. I am gonna start just tuning in 2 minutes late, I think.

Re: the girls on the show, I have to throw in another vote for Ann here, followed closely by Marjee. I used to think Jennifer Esposito was cute when she was on Spin City, but I would have to say either her or Rose is my least favorite character on the show. Esposito is helped by the fact that she is in a lot of scenes with Callum Blue (Bob).
Old 11-23-05, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You convinced me, Girl #56: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=446320

Ann fans, go vote. Those people that don't watch the show don't know how good she looks so she's losing.
Old 11-25-05, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got around to watching the episode - couldn't sleep after the long nap after turkey and football. I actually liked the driving storyline. Just because of the music. I hate Wilson Philips, but them + driving had me thinking of H&KGTWC.

And personally I think Rose has got to end up with Joel. Luke needs to go back to the O.C. they need him with the crap that the writers have been throwing to the wall. And I've been a fan of the actor who played joel for a while. Like him on that lame show with Joey Lawrence, that lame movie Orange County, and the few episodes he did on Boston Public. He needs to catch a break.

I really don't like Rene. What a bitch. She thinks it was hard for her that shit would tear up someone. I mean the guy was abandoned once already, the second time has got to be killer. What a bitch.
Old 11-25-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've finally caught up and watched the 8 episodes that have aired so far. These are horny Italian women with healthy libidos (save Rose, for now). That's a plus.

Marjee cracks me up. Has Esposito always had such a raspy voice?

The relational aspect is the strongpoint of the show, but these sisters know just a little too much about each other's lives. That would drive me nuts.
Old 11-25-05, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
The relational aspect is the strongpoint of the show, but these sisters know just a little too much about each other's lives. That would drive me nuts.
There's a lining in the opening song about that. Kinda makes me smile. I wihs my family was that close sometimes.
Old 11-26-05, 02:38 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

The car scene with the Wilson Phillips song was pretty funny. Ginnie and Marjee usually have some great scenes when it's the two of them.

Hopefully Anne smacks Renee next time she sees her.
Old 12-05-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i know that this is probably an odd question, but since i have nothing to dvr tonight at 9 (where prison break was) i was wondering if tonights episode "Hello, Deli" Episode #104.
With their father out of town for the Halloween weekend, the Sorelli sisters agree to hold down the fort at the family deli.
would be a good introduction to the series, and try to easy in introducing everyone with out seeming lost with the arc.
Old 12-05-05, 06:41 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

There's not much of an arc. It should be pretty easy to figure out what's going on, all you really need to figure out is who everyone is.
Old 12-12-05, 12:12 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

bump for the christmas episode tonight in case anyone didn't know it was on
Old 12-12-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sweet. I missed not having it on last week.
Old 12-12-05, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
There's not much of an arc. It should be pretty easy to figure out what's going on, all you really need to figure out is who everyone is.
I thought the show was alot better then i expected (and its from one of the creators of friends) Its a hell of alot better then that pos "the OC" which also i decided to give another shot at.
Old 12-12-05, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And everything else is a rerun in the 9 p.m. EST timeslot tonight (but there is the Falcons-Saints game on MNF).
Old 12-13-05, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Excellent episode tonight.

Boy did I ever relate to Ginnie's mother-in-law issues. The coldness, being left out of photographs, even the back-handed insult about how she looked as a baby. It was so spot-on. I just wish my MIL lived in England! Thankfully though, my husband is not like Bob and doesn't put up with it.

I loved Renee meeeting Patrick at the end. Brought tears to my eyes. I hope Peter Paige will be a regular cast member, loved him on QAF.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.