DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Boston Legal 11/1/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/443686-boston-legal-11-1-05-a.html)

Patman 11-01-05 10:08 PM

Boston Legal 11/1/05

Not all that interested in the Halloween case, and Alan's case was pretty much a call to wake up America (w/r/t to the Iraq war).

Loved the ending bit with the flamingos.

MrX 11-01-05 10:42 PM

"You look good in pink"

"I'm not having sex with you":lol:

As Denny and Alan go, so does this show. Without those two interacting this is pretty much just the last couple of years of The Practice with DEK having <strike>Bobby or Eugene</strike> Alan or Shirley yelling about something.

Rogue588 11-02-05 12:02 AM

It was "You look pretty in pink". Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.

Do soldiers really have to pay for their own armor?

D.Zero 11-02-05 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
It was "You look pretty in pink". Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.

Do soldiers really have to pay for their own armor?

One of the great sins of the Iraq war & occupation is the lack of body armor for our soldiers. In direct answer to your question, in many cases, yes. To be more specific, the soldiers families are buying body armor and shipping them to Iraq.

Red Dog 11-02-05 08:48 AM

If half of what Shore said in his closing is true, that's pretty sad. I hope we see more of that paralegal chick - she is a major hottie.

Loved the Flamingo costumes. :lol:

B.A. 11-02-05 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
If half of what Shore said in his closing is true, that's pretty sad. I hope we see more of that paralegal chick - she is a major hottie.

Loved the Flamingo costumes. :lol:

Most of what he said is true.

I say add the paralegal to the cast permanently and ditch the bland black chick that replaced the gorgeous Kerri Washington.

Their costumes were awesome - and I love how they wore them on the balcony for their drinks and smokes.

DJLinus 11-02-05 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Alan's case was pretty much a call to wake up America (w/r/t to the Iraq war).

Forget the war - what about the salmon?!

kvrdave 11-03-05 03:22 AM

Not a bad episode, and I still love the show....however, it does get a bit tiring having awfully good liberal lawyers against poor conservative ones. I am happy that they didn't make Denny look like a moron in this one while in the court room.

I think I am still pissed off about the Assault Weapon Ban trial and the fact that the plaintiff's son was killed with an AK-47 which isn't mentioned in the AW Ban because it has been illegal to own them for freaking decades, but apparently not one of the defense lawyers (including Denny) knew enough to even bring that up. That soured me to look for crap political messages in a show I would rather just enjoy....or at the very least have a little more balance in a case presented. I sure don't mind being given deep thoughts about an issue, but I at least want an issue to be fairly presented, and *gasp* accurately.

Hopefully we return to Boston Legal how it should be soon.

Chew 11-03-05 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by kvrdave

Although I agree with your point, I don't think you should expect any kind of "return". This is the way the show has been from the beginning. They may not directly address politics in every episode, but the topic is never far away.

Legolas 11-06-05 02:18 AM

Did you know Mark Valley really did serve in the Gulf War?

mikehunt 11-06-05 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave
Not a bad episode, and I still love the show....however, it does get a bit tiring having awfully good liberal lawyers against poor conservative ones. I am happy that they didn't make Denny look like a moron in this one while in the court room.

I think I am still pissed off about the Assault Weapon Ban trial and the fact that the plaintiff's son was killed with an AK-47 which isn't mentioned in the AW Ban because it has been illegal to own them for freaking decades, but apparently not one of the defense lawyers (including Denny) knew enough to even bring that up. That soured me to look for crap political messages in a show I would rather just enjoy....or at the very least have a little more balance in a case presented. I sure don't mind being given deep thoughts about an issue, but I at least want an issue to be fairly presented, and *gasp* accurately.

I don't think I've ever seen a tv show that mentioned the AWB get it right
I'm not even sure I've seen the news stations get it right, which reminds me a theory i have about the news, which I think I will start a new thread for