Reload this Page >

Boston Legal 11/1/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boston Legal 11/1/05

Old 11-01-05, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Boston Legal 11/1/05

Not all that interested in the Halloween case, and Alan's case was pretty much a call to wake up America (w/r/t to the Iraq war).

Loved the ending bit with the flamingos.
Old 11-01-05, 10:42 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
"You look good in pink"

"I'm not having sex with you"

As Denny and Alan go, so does this show. Without those two interacting this is pretty much just the last couple of years of The Practice with DEK having Bobby or Eugene Alan or Shirley yelling about something.
Old 11-02-05, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was "You look pretty in pink". Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.

Do soldiers really have to pay for their own armor?
Old 11-02-05, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
It was "You look pretty in pink". Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.

Do soldiers really have to pay for their own armor?
One of the great sins of the Iraq war & occupation is the lack of body armor for our soldiers. In direct answer to your question, in many cases, yes. To be more specific, the soldiers families are buying body armor and shipping them to Iraq.
Old 11-02-05, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
If half of what Shore said in his closing is true, that's pretty sad. I hope we see more of that paralegal chick - she is a major hottie.

Loved the Flamingo costumes.
Old 11-02-05, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
If half of what Shore said in his closing is true, that's pretty sad. I hope we see more of that paralegal chick - she is a major hottie.

Loved the Flamingo costumes.
Most of what he said is true.

I say add the paralegal to the cast permanently and ditch the bland black chick that replaced the gorgeous Kerri Washington.

Their costumes were awesome - and I love how they wore them on the balcony for their drinks and smokes.
Old 11-02-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Alan's case was pretty much a call to wake up America (w/r/t to the Iraq war).
Forget the war - what about the salmon?!
Old 11-03-05, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Not a bad episode, and I still love the show....however, it does get a bit tiring having awfully good liberal lawyers against poor conservative ones. I am happy that they didn't make Denny look like a moron in this one while in the court room.

I think I am still pissed off about the Assault Weapon Ban trial and the fact that the plaintiff's son was killed with an AK-47 which isn't mentioned in the AW Ban because it has been illegal to own them for freaking decades, but apparently not one of the defense lawyers (including Denny) knew enough to even bring that up. That soured me to look for crap political messages in a show I would rather just enjoy....or at the very least have a little more balance in a case presented. I sure don't mind being given deep thoughts about an issue, but I at least want an issue to be fairly presented, and *gasp* accurately.

Hopefully we return to Boston Legal how it should be soon.
Old 11-03-05, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kvrdave
Although I agree with your point, I don't think you should expect any kind of "return". This is the way the show has been from the beginning. They may not directly address politics in every episode, but the topic is never far away.
Old 11-06-05, 02:18 AM
Banned

Did you know Mark Valley really did serve in the Gulf War?
Old 11-06-05, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
Not a bad episode, and I still love the show....however, it does get a bit tiring having awfully good liberal lawyers against poor conservative ones. I am happy that they didn't make Denny look like a moron in this one while in the court room.

I think I am still pissed off about the Assault Weapon Ban trial and the fact that the plaintiff's son was killed with an AK-47 which isn't mentioned in the AW Ban because it has been illegal to own them for freaking decades, but apparently not one of the defense lawyers (including Denny) knew enough to even bring that up. That soured me to look for crap political messages in a show I would rather just enjoy....or at the very least have a little more balance in a case presented. I sure don't mind being given deep thoughts about an issue, but I at least want an issue to be fairly presented, and *gasp* accurately.

I don't think I've ever seen a tv show that mentioned the AWB get it right
I'm not even sure I've seen the news stations get it right, which reminds me a theory i have about the news, which I think I will start a new thread for