Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Donald's Apprentice - 27 October

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Donald's Apprentice - 27 October

Old 10-27-05, 09:55 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 75
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Donald's Apprentice - 27 October

HOLY CRAP!
Spoiler:
Donald just fired FOUR people!!!!!!
Old 10-27-05, 09:57 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,111
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was awesome. The uneasiness of the cab ride was priceless.
Old 10-27-05, 10:00 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Region 1
Posts: 16,291
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! Just saw the result from my DVR.
Old 10-27-05, 10:01 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Latham, NY
Posts: 674
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That one girl looked too much like Blair from The Facts of Life.
Old 10-27-05, 10:01 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: San Angelo, TX USA
Posts: 489
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid move...less shows now...he could of fired three and got his point across
Old 10-27-05, 10:02 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,111
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the action
Stupid move...less shows now...he could of fired three and got his point across
Don't worry about that, they will just stretch out the finales even more.
Old 10-27-05, 10:08 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,097
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess it was decent for "shock" effect. But again, really shows again the premise is for "show" and not for the job. Which ofcourse everyone knows, although the show wouldn't want to admit.

I think they lost a few of the "stronger" players with the most potential. Yes they failed at the task of selling, which was the task and a mistake. But at the same time it was only one mistake, and overall a nicer event than the other teams, and quite possibly helped Dick's out more with those customers, showing them a good time, maybe they'll be back for future business.
I think there were plenty of other people from the other team that should have been fired before some of those four.

In the end, not a big deal, as this season is a little slow and won't hurt ending a little early.
Old 10-27-05, 10:08 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 1,693
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured he'd fire the project manager and the girl who didn't sell shit. Four was probably overboard. It's just a stretch to draw in ratings at this point.
Old 10-27-05, 10:17 PM
  #9  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 130
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. That was pretty unexpected. I do think he lost a serious contender in Mark, who has performed pretty well up till now. I think this task fell apart because of James' batting cage, and Josh's poor decisions. I can see getting rid of Jen as well, because she did sell pretty poorly, but all four? That should make things interesting for the next task. Its been a pretty weak group, especially since the Donald talked all summer about how he "hand picked" these entrants. I still think there are at least 3-4 more who are even worse than the ones fired tonight. There are only a couple who have any type of business skills at all. Wonder what they have planned to stretch this out now...
Old 10-27-05, 10:58 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 24,187
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hilarious that the girl thought she did a good job selling when THREE OTHERS SOLD MORE THAN HER
Old 10-27-05, 10:59 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,569
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When is the George Lucas Episode?
Old 10-27-05, 11:04 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,748
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Artman
When is the George Lucas Episode?
Two weeks from tonight (Nov 10) - Wish I didn't see the promo though as they showed who would be fired that night. As for tonight, guess Donald wanted to hit a grand slam!

LB...
Old 10-27-05, 11:04 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 24,187
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in 2 weeks (next week's is sex-related)
Old 10-27-05, 11:39 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 3,954
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crap, got inside the board room and my tivo got screwy it was choppy and no sound so i could fast forward and see who was fired but didnt hear anything
Old 10-28-05, 12:03 AM
  #15  
DRG
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: ND
Posts: 13,421
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't wait to see the reaction from the others next week. I wonder if they'll just keep waiting for someone to come through the door all night, or if they will call them right away and tell them the news. I think it'd be more entertaining to keep them in suspense.
Old 10-28-05, 12:14 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 483
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm especially glad to see Josh go
Old 10-28-05, 01:00 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,935
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pure comedy as I thought each one was going to ride their own taxi. I was wrong and they got in the same cab, lol. OWNED!!!
Old 10-28-05, 01:25 AM
  #18  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 449
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Artman
When is the George Lucas Episode?
In two weeks, which is pretty stupid since the DVD of Episode III comes out NEXT week on 11/1. Timing is everything...
Old 10-28-05, 01:37 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twin Cities, US of A
Posts: 13,041
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great finish on this one. I don't get caught off base much, but The Donald got me tonight.

Also, they had 2 more contestants than on other seasons, so I had expected a multi-firing or two along the way, but certainly not a four-for-one.

And to those who think they did this to boost sagging ratings, this happened long before the first episode aired. In fact, Apprentice 5 (the next season) is currently in production.
Old 10-28-05, 01:48 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mesa, Arizona, USA
Posts: 741
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to know who had Markus/Marcos/Marcus outlasting half the field.
Old 10-28-05, 09:34 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,337
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That board room was awesome, but totally proves something I have felt all along with this show. That Donald Trump and whoever is actually in charge of new hires of executives are most likely having 4 applicants that are their ringers of who they actually WOULD consider hiring on the spot if they did not go through this show. The others have to have the qualifications but for some reason or other based on interviews the Donald would not hire them but they are great for tv. Of the 4, 2 of them are bound to get through without too major of a screwup to allow them to get through to the end. I use last year's show as a prime example because no matter how bad I thought she was, the winner of that one must have been hand picked from the get go.
Old 10-28-05, 09:46 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 4,524
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand why 4 people?

Do you think that he will prolong the final 4 episode (the one that he has 2 board rooms in one episode)?
Old 10-28-05, 09:59 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 4,524
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Schloob1
I use last year's show as a prime example because no matter how bad I thought she was, the winner of that one must have been hand picked from the get go.

I disagree 100% Kendra was a DUD!! Trump painted himself into a corner last year. The prize he had in mind was for someone to take over marketing for his Miss Universe Franchise - thus the buzz from his tv show would be tied into the pageants.

That woman who was a Mary Kay sales woman was the perfect fit, she worked with women in the past, smiled a lot, was mid western, had a bubbly personality.

However, in the last task her confidence got to her head - she made derogatory statements about people, her team, put herself on a pedestal, etc. Therefore, Trump had to take the Kendra (because the viewer liked her more).

Trump knew she would never pick the pageant job, because she was a "real estate" person, and a dud like this you don't put in charge of large metropolitan project - so ,...... She gets to remodel his summer house!!
Old 10-28-05, 10:24 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Achtung
I figured he'd fire the project manager and the girl who didn't sell shit. Four was probably overboard. It's just a stretch to draw in ratings at this point.
I totally agree...those 2 should have been the only ones fired. Jen didn't sell and missed her second chance. Josh was an ass and was responsible as the pm.

Yes, the batting cage turned out to be a bad idea, but at least James was being active and came up with something. And, Mark has performed really well in the past.

The Donald has given numerous people multiple chances this season (Marcus, Jen, Christie and that ugly bitch from Wharton). He wasn't being fair in this case. It just shows that he did it for ratings.
Old 10-28-05, 03:16 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Jack Straw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 5,132
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
And to those who think they did this to boost sagging ratings, this happened long before the first episode aired. In fact, Apprentice 5 (the next season) is currently in production.
So, even though they are currently filming season five, they are going to bring back the cast of Season 4 to have the live "finale" at it's conclusion?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.