DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Donald's Apprentice - 27 October (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/443079-donalds-apprentice-27-october.html)

KappaSig1304 10-27-05 08:55 PM

Donald's Apprentice - 27 October

HOLY CRAP!
Spoiler:
Donald just fired FOUR people!!!!!!

Steam 10-27-05 08:57 PM

That was awesome. The uneasiness of the cab ride was priceless.

zuffy 10-27-05 09:00 PM

WOW! Just saw the result from my DVR.

Michael Sheridan 10-27-05 09:01 PM

That one girl looked too much like Blair from The Facts of Life.

the action 10-27-05 09:01 PM

Stupid move...less shows now...he could of fired three and got his point across

Steam 10-27-05 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by the action
Stupid move...less shows now...he could of fired three and got his point across

Don't worry about that, they will just stretch out the finales even more.

briank 10-27-05 09:08 PM

I guess it was decent for "shock" effect. But again, really shows again the premise is for "show" and not for the job. Which ofcourse everyone knows, although the show wouldn't want to admit.

I think they lost a few of the "stronger" players with the most potential. Yes they failed at the task of selling, which was the task and a mistake. But at the same time it was only one mistake, and overall a nicer event than the other teams, and quite possibly helped Dick's out more with those customers, showing them a good time, maybe they'll be back for future business.
I think there were plenty of other people from the other team that should have been fired before some of those four.

In the end, not a big deal, as this season is a little slow and won't hurt ending a little early.

Achtung 10-27-05 09:08 PM

I figured he'd fire the project manager and the girl who didn't sell shit. Four was probably overboard. It's just a stretch to draw in ratings at this point.

Bludvls33 10-27-05 09:17 PM

Wow. That was pretty unexpected. I do think he lost a serious contender in Mark, who has performed pretty well up till now. I think this task fell apart because of James' batting cage, and Josh's poor decisions. I can see getting rid of Jen as well, because she did sell pretty poorly, but all four? That should make things interesting for the next task. Its been a pretty weak group, especially since the Donald talked all summer about how he "hand picked" these entrants. I still think there are at least 3-4 more who are even worse than the ones fired tonight. There are only a couple who have any type of business skills at all. Wonder what they have planned to stretch this out now...

GuessWho 10-27-05 09:58 PM

Hilarious that the girl thought she did a good job selling when THREE OTHERS SOLD MORE THAN HER

Artman 10-27-05 09:59 PM

When is the George Lucas Episode?

LaxBandit 10-27-05 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artman

Two weeks from tonight (Nov 10) - Wish I didn't see the promo though as they showed who would be fired that night. As for tonight, guess Donald wanted to hit a grand slam!

LB...

GuessWho 10-27-05 10:04 PM

in 2 weeks (next week's is sex-related)

maingon 10-27-05 10:39 PM

crap, got inside the board room and my tivo got screwy it was choppy and no sound so i could fast forward and see who was fired but didnt hear anything :(

DRG 10-27-05 11:03 PM

I can't wait to see the reaction from the others next week. I wonder if they'll just keep waiting for someone to come through the door all night, or if they will call them right away and tell them the news. I think it'd be more entertaining to keep them in suspense. :)

zebop 10-27-05 11:14 PM

I'm especially glad to see Josh go :)

matrixrok9 10-28-05 12:00 AM

Pure comedy as I thought each one was going to ride their own taxi. I was wrong and they got in the same cab, lol. OWNED!!!

THX7966 10-28-05 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Artman

In two weeks, which is pretty stupid since the DVD of Episode III comes out NEXT week on 11/1. Timing is everything...

Bill Needle 10-28-05 12:37 AM

Great finish on this one. I don't get caught off base much, but The Donald got me tonight.

Also, they had 2 more contestants than on other seasons, so I had expected a multi-firing or two along the way, but certainly not a four-for-one.

And to those who think they did this to boost sagging ratings, this happened long before the first episode aired. In fact, Apprentice 5 (the next season) is currently in production.

Triple S 10-28-05 12:48 AM

I want to know who had Markus/Marcos/Marcus outlasting half the field.

Schloob1 10-28-05 08:34 AM

That board room was awesome, but totally proves something I have felt all along with this show. That Donald Trump and whoever is actually in charge of new hires of executives are most likely having 4 applicants that are their ringers of who they actually WOULD consider hiring on the spot if they did not go through this show. The others have to have the qualifications but for some reason or other based on interviews the Donald would not hire them but they are great for tv. Of the 4, 2 of them are bound to get through without too major of a screwup to allow them to get through to the end. I use last year's show as a prime example because no matter how bad I thought she was, the winner of that one must have been hand picked from the get go.

CPA-ESQ. 10-28-05 08:46 AM

I don't understand why 4 people?

Do you think that he will prolong the final 4 episode (the one that he has 2 board rooms in one episode)?

CPA-ESQ. 10-28-05 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
I use last year's show as a prime example because no matter how bad I thought she was, the winner of that one must have been hand picked from the get go.

I disagree 100% Kendra was a DUD!! Trump painted himself into a corner last year. The prize he had in mind was for someone to take over marketing for his Miss Universe Franchise - thus the buzz from his tv show would be tied into the pageants.

That woman who was a Mary Kay sales woman was the perfect fit, she worked with women in the past, smiled a lot, was mid western, had a bubbly personality.

However, in the last task her confidence got to her head - she made derogatory statements about people, her team, put herself on a pedestal, etc. Therefore, Trump had to take the Kendra (because the viewer liked her more).

Trump knew she would never pick the pageant job, because she was a "real estate" person, and a dud like this you don't put in charge of large metropolitan project - so ,...... She gets to remodel his summer house!!

RockStrongo 10-28-05 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Achtung
I figured he'd fire the project manager and the girl who didn't sell shit. Four was probably overboard. It's just a stretch to draw in ratings at this point.

I totally agree...those 2 should have been the only ones fired. Jen didn't sell and missed her second chance. Josh was an ass and was responsible as the pm.

Yes, the batting cage turned out to be a bad idea, but at least James was being active and came up with something. And, Mark has performed really well in the past.

The Donald has given numerous people multiple chances this season (Marcus, Jen, Christie and that ugly bitch from Wharton). He wasn't being fair in this case. It just shows that he did it for ratings.

Jack Straw 10-28-05 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
And to those who think they did this to boost sagging ratings, this happened long before the first episode aired. In fact, Apprentice 5 (the next season) is currently in production.

So, even though they are currently filming season five, they are going to bring back the cast of Season 4 to have the live "finale" at it's conclusion?