Nip/Tuck - "Frankenlaura" - 10/25

Old 10-25-05, 02:36 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nip/Tuck - "Frankenlaura" - 10/25

"Frankenlaura"
Spoiler:
The financial troubles of McNamara/Troy lead Sean and Christian to become involved with a man who assembled a woman from the appendages of dead bodies; Gina and Julia form an alliance.
Old 10-25-05, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does this show find new and disturbing places to take us or what?
Old 10-25-05, 11:11 PM

I really must remember not to eat when this show is on.
Old 10-25-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ljp99
I made that mistake with Bones earlier this year. This show doesn't air in an hour when I find myself eating, but I totally agree with you that I wouldn't want to be doing it. I'm just not sure whether I'd hold off on the show or hold off on the meal. That would be a tough call.
Old 10-25-05, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I dunno. I enjoyed my roast beef sandwich while watching the show.

Yeah, this show just went to a higher level of weird. Didn't follow up well to last week's great episode.
Old 10-25-05, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Does this show find new and disturbing places to take us or what?

Great to see Gina and her repartee with Christian back.
Old 10-26-05, 12:38 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

The scene with Gina and Christian walking in the park was great. I love how she's kissing up to him, then when she finds out he's almost broke, she goes off on him
Old 10-26-05, 02:28 AM

Nice choice of Radiohead - Everything in its Right place when they wre doing the work on the assembled body.
Old 10-26-05, 02:58 AM

Just finished watching it. Decent episiode but found some of the scenes with Julia setting up her business a bit annoying.

Was pretty disappointed they didnt do anything to follow up on last weeks episode.
Old 10-26-05, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Boring episode. Where the hell was the Kit storyline? I am fine with the Carver episode - then the next episode being Carverless, but that was a major attention getter and should have been followed up on with this episode. I was let down.
Old 10-26-05, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by conscience
Boring episode. Where the hell was the Kit storyline? I am fine with the Carver episode - then the next episode being Carverless, but that was a major attention getter and should have been followed up on with this episode. I was let down.
Seriously, this episode was OK at best, but they really dropped the ball. It should've been 'part 2' of last weeks episode and pick right back up where they left off.
Old 10-26-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by conscience
I saw it differently. They *DID* follow up on it. The fact that Christain was accused destroyed their business (and this episode seems to take place a few WEEKS or more after the incident) and as a result, they are forced to take the "reconstruction" case. In doing so, their relationship is again frayed and leads to a probably dissolution of their practice together and Sean trying to re-find himself.

To me, to go in the direction you suggest is boring - Kit is repaired, she has to get over the trauma of being attacked, Christain getting over being violated by the Carver again, its' been done, and done well.

I thought this episode was great. I don't want to see the Carver every week, that's a storyline that needs to be resolved by seasons end.
Old 10-26-05, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I thought this episode was great. I don't want to see the Carver every week, that's a storyline that needs to be resolved by seasons end.
I just want them to continue the Carver storyline so they can END it. It is a cool storyline, but it is getting a bit old. If they continue at the rate they are going, they won't resolve it by the end of the season!
Old 10-26-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Man I wanted to shake the sh*t outta Gina for the way she did a 180 on Christian when she found out that she was getting cut off. Why exactly was he giving her money? I don't remember that.

Ok episode. That embalmer was pretty twisted. It was sad to see McNamara / Troy almost ruined.

Also sad to not see Kimber.
Old 10-26-05, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03
Man I wanted to shake the sh*t outta Gina for the way she did a 180 on Christian when she found out that she was getting cut off. Why exactly was he giving her money? I don't remember that.

For her HIV medication.
Old 10-26-05, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
For her HIV medication.
And her rent, car lease, and a stipend for personal things. Not a bad deal for a woman who screwed him over royally with Gabriel.
Old 10-26-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
I just want them to continue the Carver storyline so they can END it. It is a cool storyline, but it is getting a bit old. If they continue at the rate they are going, they won't resolve it by the end of the season!
Spoiler:
Sean Murphy has stated that we WILL know the Carver's identity by the end of the season
Old 10-26-05, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flashburn
Exactly. The carver storyline is something of a two bit soap opera now and I am tiring of it, but when you introduce a major storyline like that and don't follow up and let it drag throughout a season is not a good thing.

Plus, Kit was a somewhat major character. They spend almost an entire episode on a character who "faked it" about the Carver, but did a 180 for a character who was part of the main characters storyline?

I just don't get it. Hopefully Kit 'faked' her carving and is actually the Carver so I can say I wasn't let down with them for not following up her character this episode.

It's somewhat sad that many people are watching this show just to find out who the Carver is.
Old 10-26-05, 04:20 PM

Definitely a disappointing episode. Not all that much happened really, at least or an episode of Nip/Tuck. Also, I agree that it really sucks to just kind of not mention important things like the Kit plotline and The Carver for an entire episode, especially following the one last week. It just is weird how sometimes main characters like Matt and Kimber will hardly even be mentioned in an entire episode.
Old 10-27-05, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ljp99
I was eating fajitas when they were operating last night. Not a good idea.
Was disappointed they didnt pick up where they left off with Kit in Christian's office.
The carver storyline is something of a two bit soap opera now and I am tiring of it, but when you introduce a major storyline like that and don't follow up and let it drag throughout a season is not a good thing.
I read somewhere they were going to continue it throughout the season which is ashame. They need to end it sooner rather than later.
I thought the main storyline this week was pretty uneventful though it is good that Julia is finally getting a backbone and a storyline too.
Old 10-27-05, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What happened to Christian's mom?
Old 10-27-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm hoping they go back to that story since Kathy Baker is so good.
Old 10-28-05, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm confused. The Carver "framed" Christian of being the carver but when Christian leaked the story to the news, the carver had to kill again so someone else wouldn't get credit for the crimes. That doesn't make sense. Unless it wasn't the carver that "framed" Christian. I guess it could have been Kit.
Old 10-28-05, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the carver didn't frame christian. the hot detective thought that christian was the carver so she had him arrested. christian then phoned the press to tell them he had been arrested so the real carver would strike again out of jealousy.
Old 10-28-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When the person in question says the Carver framed Christian, he's referring to the condom. That was a big part of the basis for the detective thinking Christian was the Carver.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.