Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 8 : Family Edition -- "We're Getting Out..." -- 10/25/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will be eliminated?
Team Bransen
0%
Team Gaghan
17.24%
Team Godlewski
10.34%
Team Linz
6.90%
Team Weaver
10.34%
Team Paolo
10.34%
Non Elimination
41.38%
Twikoff
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 8 : Family Edition -- "We're Getting Out..." -- 10/25/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-05, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I think this was the best episode so far, but cdollaz, i agree with both your points. The FF should be the first to complete it. They should have had more than one tower/bungee thing set up.

as for the baseball roadblock. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. i can understand throwing softer so they have a chance to make contact. But not even trying to field the ball? ridiculous. So it basically became "Make contact with a pitch thrown about the same speed as in slow-pitch softball". Notice how we never really saw where the "hits" went, as ide from the first one? I guarantee the outfielders and infielders were purposefully botching the plays like the pitcher did. The only person that appeared to really smack the ball was Dad Gaghan.

smart move by the godlewskis, though. Has anyone ever done that before? Wear all their clothes in case it was a non-elimination leg? I know the two brothers were dressed crazily, but that was more for being weird than it was smart.

and i loved how the paolo kid was called out by that other team for being mean to his mom. that guy really does suck.
Old 10-26-05, 11:32 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
smart move by the godlewskis, though. Has anyone ever done that before? Wear all their clothes in case it was a non-elimination leg?
Yes, it's happened before...but in those cases the players were eliminated anyway.
Old 10-26-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Here's more from the Schroder scumbags, courtesy of TV Guide:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/...t.htm?cmsGuid=

TVGuide.com: What do you all have against the Weaver family from Florida? Last week, you said they were evil and you called them white trash.
Stassi: Technically, they kind of are.
Mark: They started the race [wearing] $2 flip-flops.
Stassi: And [short-shorts that looked like] underwear!
Mark: This is The Amazing Race, not "The Amazing Let's Go Feed the Chickens!" Everyone was shocked; we thought they were going to be the first team out.
Stassi: Hence the "white trash" title.
Mark: On top of that, as much as we wanted [to be on the show] and loved every minute of the Race, we had to listen to them complaining about everything.
Stassi: And they were so rude. They spent the entire time being spiteful and mean. Then they would try to come back and be friends. I do feel for them about their dad, and they were very brave in doing what they did last [week], but there's no reason for me to forget what they did to us and just let everything go.

TVGuide.com: The Rogers family told us that all but one of this season's teams rallied to help you after Katrina. Is it safe to say that the holdouts were the Weavers?
Mark: In all fairness, I don't even know if they know our address or phone number. Who's to say that had they known where we were, they wouldn't have done something? I don't want to make a general statement like that, that everybody helped but them.
Stassi: But it's safe to say it was the Weavers.
Old 10-26-05, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
BTW, the chick getting a ride to work on the Bransen's bus is perhaps the funniest thing that has ever happened on TAR.

Last edited by cdollaz; 10-26-05 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-26-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TVGuide also had to say that the first place "lifetime of gasoline" award a few weeks ago isn't as good as advertised. It has a set limit per year (IIRC, $1200) and is good for only 50 years.

I still can't complain about that though.
Old 10-26-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdollaz
BTW, the chick getting the Bransens to take her to work on their bus is perhaps the funniest thing that has ever happened on TAR.
That was great.
Old 10-26-05, 01:36 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
in some of the other 'sport' events it's been pretty much the same.

Save a penalty kick in Soccer.
Save a penalty in Hockey
score 5 points v a table tennis player.
Old 10-26-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Here's more from the Schroder scumbags, courtesy of TV Guide:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/...t.htm?cmsGuid=

TVGuide.com: What do you all have against the Weaver family from Florida? Last week, you said they were evil and you called them white trash.
Stassi: Technically, they kind of are.
Mark: They started the race [wearing] $2 flip-flops.
Stassi: And [short-shorts that looked like] underwear!
Mark: This is The Amazing Race, not "The Amazing Let's Go Feed the Chickens!" Everyone was shocked; we thought they were going to be the first team out.
Stassi: Hence the "white trash" title.
Mark: On top of that, as much as we wanted [to be on the show] and loved every minute of the Race, we had to listen to them complaining about everything.
Stassi: And they were so rude. They spent the entire time being spiteful and mean. Then they would try to come back and be friends. I do feel for them about their dad, and they were very brave in doing what they did last [week], but there's no reason for me to forget what they did to us and just let everything go.

TVGuide.com: The Rogers family told us that all but one of this season's teams rallied to help you after Katrina. Is it safe to say that the holdouts were the Weavers?
Mark: In all fairness, I don't even know if they know our address or phone number. Who's to say that had they known where we were, they wouldn't have done something? I don't want to make a general statement like that, that everybody helped but them.
Stassi: But it's safe to say it was the Weavers.
Man that girl is such a f-ing bitch.
Old 10-26-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, Stassi is definitely Daddy's little girl.
Old 10-26-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Brutal. I just don't get the hate for the Weavers. I like them. I hope they win the freakin' thing. (If not them, the Linz's or the Bransen's).
Old 10-26-05, 02:28 PM

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
The baseball was the weakest task ever on TAR. First, they didn't have to actually get a hit, it appears they just had to make contact. Second, it appeared to be 3 pitches per at-bat, regardless of whether or not they were balls or strikes, which is stupid.
Nothing will ever top the weakness of the centrifuge.
Old 10-26-05, 02:29 PM

yeah, the hate seems a little misguided. sure, they're weird, but does that deserve hate? I think a lot of the hate comes from misunderstandings... like when the weavers were nervous about flying, so they were talking to the ticket agent. but the other teams thought they were trying to find a better flight without telling anyone.

and as for last night, when the linz family got pissed because the weaver mom said "go slow" to their boat driver... that would have happened on any other season of the amazing race as well.

man, i forgot about the woman that had them take her to work. that was hilarious!

and stassi (what the hell kind of name is that) is indeed a bitch. the step-mom was one, too.
Old 10-26-05, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
BTW, the chick getting a ride to work on the Bransen's bus is perhaps the funniest thing that has ever happened on TAR.
She was the anti-Fern to be sure, for those TAR viewers from the beginning.
Old 10-26-05, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Brutal. I just don't get the hate for the Weavers. I like them. I hope they win the freakin' thing. (If not them, the Linz's or the Bransen's).

I could understand if one or a couple of the teams didn't like the Weavers. But every team has HATED them. Well, except the Black family. I forget their last name though That tells me that our edited view of them is defintely wrong.
Old 10-26-05, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
I guarantee the outfielders and infielders were purposefully botching the plays
I don't see how this matters -- unless I'm misremembering, the challenge was to hit a pitch, not to make it to first or score a run.
Old 10-26-05, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by WillieTheShakes
I don't see how this matters -- unless I'm misremembering, the challenge was to hit a pitch, not to make it to first or score a run.
The challenge was to "get a hit". If all they had to do is hit it, then they had no reason to run to first (which they all did).
Old 10-26-05, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, the challenge was to get a base hit or a home run.

It could be argued that most of these folks did neither (I know the first one would likely be scored as an error).
Old 10-26-05, 04:18 PM

bigdan, i said the same thing to my wife. that wasn't a hit, that was clearly an error! who's scoring this thing?
Old 10-26-05, 04:19 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
In football, you commit a foul. In baseball, you make an error. Whoops!
Old 10-26-05, 04:34 PM

"Why don't you hit that, dude!"
Old 10-26-05, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Actually the baseball challenge was tailored to the batter...when the kid came up, the pitcher lobbed it and loafed after the grounder, but he really hummed it to dad Ghagan (who smoked him BTW)

And the Gaghan daughter is a freakin angel!

My favorite player this year HAS to be dad Paolo...that guy is having a blast...and for all you who are pissing on his team, what other family has 2 50+ year old players? The Branson father is a whiney bitch compared to the Paolo parents.
Old 10-26-05, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Groucho
In football, you commit a foul. In baseball, you make an error. Whoops!
No, in football you commit a PENALTY, fouls are in basketball
Old 10-26-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Paolos have been coming across better in the last couple of episodes. Though they still fight and have their bad moments (especially the kids yelling at the Mom), they've shown some moments of humanity and love.
Old 10-27-05, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
So, now it's a "Personal Penalty: Facemask. 15 Yards, automatic firstdown"?
Old 10-27-05, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez

How do you commit a punishment for an offense?. The penalty is what results from the foul or infraction.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.