Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Guatemala - 10/20/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will win Reward/Immunity?
Yaxha will win Reward & Immunity
71.43%
Nakum will win Reward & Immunity
0%
Yaxha will win Reward; Nakum will win Immunity
0%
Nakum will win Reward; Yaxha will win Immunity
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Guatemala - 10/20/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Judd is really stupid. He's really good in the challenges, but these outbursts will come back to bit him in the ass down the stretch. Your strength is only a plus on this show until the tribe merges, then it's your biggest fault.
Old 10-21-05, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zuffy
IMO, Bobby Jon is an idiot.
Agreed. There's still 'another bear' in the jungle.

"It's my liiiiiffffffeeeeee!!!!!!"
Old 10-21-05, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
With Brooke gone, it's a bad sign when I don't have much of a favorite to root for this season, you have dumb and oafish, or peppy, neanderthal, or nondescript in the cast.
Old 10-21-05, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxflier
"a bad sportsmanship"

[Judd]IM NOT A BAD SPORTSMANSHIP MAN[/Judd]

Awesome.
Old 10-21-05, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by the big train
Trading his only hot dog for a third (probably more like fourth or fifth) beer?

Judd is such a dumbass.
Why would you want some much needed protein and nutrients when you can trade it in for a bottle brew? Judd is like Homer Simpson but not quite as smart and more prone to outbursts of rage.

It was so funny seeing Margaret pick him apart at tribal council. You could tell she was intentionally pushing his buttons so he could make an idiot out of himself.
Old 10-21-05, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah she might not have saved herself but she made Judd look like a total jackass and for that I thank her.

I wish Judd would get eaten by a croc or fall in the fire..something painfull.
Old 10-21-05, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anybody know what the heck Bobby Jon was yelling at Jamie? Cause to me it sounded like he was yelling: "That's right, thats what I like to see" or something like that.
Didnt seem very threatening at the time, almost seemed like 2 guys on the same tribe pumping each other up for doing good.
But then later in camp hes telling his guys he had put Jamie in his place. I didnt see that.
Old 10-21-05, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
They voted off Prince.
Old 10-21-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

as usual, we were misled to believe there was a "confrontation". that was not even as intense as a stare down. sheesh. CBS apparently really needs to get their audience to watch.
Old 10-21-05, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

One of the best Tribals ever. That was so freaking hilarious seeing Judd and Margaret go at it. Strategically, they both should've kept their mouths shut, but it is such good entertainment when people actually speak their minds instead of just sitting there "keeping the peace". I didn't see Judd and Jamie as "bad sportmanships". They were just pumped after winning. Nothing wrong with it at all. It's like in football, if you don't want to see your opponent's touchdown celebration, keep them out of the endzone. As for BJ's outburst, it was simple heat of the moment reaction like he said. What he screamed didn't really make sense and wasn't meant to. It *was* kind of like two teammates pumping each other up, but BJ was doing it in a way to mock Jamie's enthusiam. No big deal, but it will set up an interesting dynamic in future challenges. I like Bobby. He's not so bright, but he's a good guy. He keeps it real. He won't win the million.
Old 10-21-05, 08:40 AM

I liked the way Judd asked his teammates whether he listens to them--and then when they replied, he cut each of them off.

And what kind of wuss only gives 110%? I say give at least 150% or go home!
Old 10-21-05, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Does anybody know what the heck Bobby Jon was yelling at Jamie? Cause to me it sounded like he was yelling: "That's right, thats what I like to see" or something like that.
That's exactly what he said.
I love it when Bobby Jon gets fired up. Especially the last two episodes the way he was making fun of Jamie.
Old 10-21-05, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not really sure why they voted off Prince. Amy should have gone. Sure, she was able to get back up and compete, but the pain and swelling doesn't come until later. We'll see how she holds up next week.
Old 10-21-05, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think anyone on that tribe liked Margaret so I would have to side with Judd. He's one of those people that you want to be on the right side of. Once you get on the wrong side, there is no coming back. He was a complete ass in tribal but he obviously has a problem holding back. Margaret is just bitter because she was "outwitted" by him. He jumped sides to give him more time there. Seems logical to me since he will probably make it to the merge. Why stick with his original group when he thinks he can form stronger alliances with the new group?

On another note, Bobby Jon is semi intelligent when he speaks (although he said something at tribal that I had no idea what it meant) but when he goes to challenges he turns moronic. Why run full speed into the ball just to bounce back 4 feet which gives the other team time to get a firm hold on the ball to push. He gives it his all but he just doesn't work smart. Someone needs to be coaching him at all times.
Old 10-21-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was surprised none of them could figure out how to do the ball. You don't just push against the center of the ball, you have to try to spin it around the other team.
Old 10-21-05, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by cdollaz
I was surprised none of them could figure out how to do the ball. You don't just push against the center of the ball, you have to try to spin it around the other team.
Yes, and putting your back to the ball and pushing UP with your legs would have generated enough power to knock anyone out

Judd might last longer than you think, even after the merge, he's a great guy to have in your alliance, someone who will browbeat, bully, intimidate and abuse anyone you want him to
Old 10-21-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez

Judd might last longer than you think, even after the merge, he's a great guy to have in your alliance, someone who will browbeat, bully, intimidate and abuse anyone you want him to
He's also the kind of asshole you want to be going against if you are in the final 2.
Old 10-21-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Notice the faces of everyone else in the tribe but margaret...they loved Judd's rant
Old 10-21-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Notice the faces of everyone else in the tribe but margaret...they loved Judd's rant
And Cindy. She will be gone next.
Old 10-21-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was thinking that too, especially Lydia. She went from chopping block two straight weeks to totally forgotten. She was loving it.
Old 10-21-05, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by zuffy
And Cindy. She will be gone next.
Not necessarily. Now it is 5-1. They don't need to eliminate her if they don't want to. Of course they could and move on with 5, but they can start targeting anyone within the 5 that they may feel is a liability or they simply do not like, knowing they can get Cindy to vote with them.

Some of them may not trust Judd and decide it's his time to go next. They are also getting down in numbers and they are probably looking to a merge of the tribes. In that case, it may be wise to get rid of Judd, who has shown a blatant disregrard for anyone but himself. Of course, that is what the game is about, but the man is as subtle as a [insert something not subtle]. That could be his undoing.

I would see Cindy as an option to move forward in the game and change the dynamics once again. Of course you can vote her off. It's a definite thing, and you move forward another week. After that, things start over, and everyone has to regroup their "alliances" or pick which one of them to knock off next. But here is an opportunity to use her vote to switch things up and try to cement an end-game strategy or at least a couple more weeks until it needs to be switched up again.

It will be a shame if they simply vote off Cindy becasue she is the one left. I think this will happen though. Hopefully, one of them is scheming enough to act differently. That could make it interesting.
Old 10-21-05, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Cindy is making an outcast of herself like Margaret. I just can't see the group keeping her.
Old 10-21-05, 12:10 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Though Judd might be winning any friends by saying everything that pops into his head, it is dang entertaining. "You can all kiss my @ss, and I hope you enjoyed your hot dogs and beer."
He did basically win it for them, and then he gave what's-his-face the answer for immunity, so I'm glad it was Margaret to go instead of him...
Old 10-21-05, 01:36 PM

Didnt see that at all. Only Steph seemed to be enjoying it. Jamie tried shut him up several times. Lydia seemed quite annoyed. Rafe seemed scared to death. Cindy didnt seem to like Judd or Margaret
Old 10-21-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sven
...Rafe seemed scared to death....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.