Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "...And Found" -- 10.19.2005

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-05, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shilex
I really enjoyed this episode contrary to what most people are saying. I'm not sure what it is, but I think the two Koreans have some of the best episodes. They really go deep into their characters. Expected it to be a much more action packed episode from the previews, but it still turned out entertaining. I'm thinking they're just doing the calm before the storm (in 3 weeks no less). Wondering when they're going to do a Kate episode (seems like she's been pushed to the background lately).
I liked it too. Don't understand you guys who aren't down with the backstory. Half this show IS the backstory, and about trying to figure out these people's motives and what not. The backstory is where you get that info. Plus, there's always some clue(s) thrown in about something related in the present.

And not that this is one of them, but I found it curious/interesting how many times it popped up during the backstory. When Jin is talking to his friend, he asks what color 'love' is - and his friend replys 'orange'. Did anyone else happen to notice how many times, and in different ways that particular color turned up in the backstory part of the ep after that? I'll see how many others picked up on it before I mention them all, but I will say that one color the Sun is often represented with, just so happens to be orange. Coincidence, yes or no?

Last edited by Rocketdog2000; 10-19-05 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-20-05, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I didn't mind the backstories in this one; to me, it will all mean something in the end, meaning I doubt the the writers are just using the flashback device as a time filler. Not the best episode, but I have a feeling they are holding back all the good shit for November sweeps.

What I am getting annoyed with, in terms of the writing, is the constant skirting around really specific, but simple, questions like asking the other survivors "why are you so on edge?" and "what happened to the rest of your group?" These things are brought up and promptly ignored without any real reason for ignoring a perfectly valid question. I would be pulling my hair out wanting to know what is wrong with these people if I were in the place of Jin, Michael or Sawyer, but they seem content to be ignored. I don't mind if information isn't given out immediately (I know that's pretty much the whole point of the show) but I at least like to have a rational reason as to why that easy question can't be answered right away.
Old 10-20-05, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
I know the whole copywrited material stuff with this website, but how, with a clear conscience can you tell someone to pay $2.00 for an episode of a TV show?

Seriously, you people keep downloading that crap for a fee and guess what? Nothing will be free.

Dude, the rain outside is a BIT TORRENTial, but if I get some good NEWS on the availibility of the episode from some GROUP, I'll let you know.

Fucking iTunes, sheesh.

Fucking indymetro's with thier iTunes facination are fucking everything up for the rest of us.
My post was made to give JasonF a legal, quick way of getting the show. Sure, there are plenty of other ways to get it, including someone mailing him a VHS tape. The "is iTunes the devil?" debate is one for another thread.
Old 10-20-05, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
An okay episode. I was laughing at Hurley asking Sun about Korea 'So did you go to the Olympic?'
Old 10-20-05, 12:25 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only redeeming quality of this boring ass episode is Sun is hot

In all seriousness though, this episode was a boring ass, filler episode garbage. By far the worst episode of the series. Ok it was cute and all how they met and what was going on, the matchmaking, and the cliche'd asshole boss, blah blah. I am sorry it was lame. Maybe something interesting will come of it like maybe the bald Asian guy has some connection to one of the characters.

As the above poster mentioned, about showing Jack and Kate because the audience might get pissed because they were not in this episode, it felt forced, along with Locke as well.

Soon we will see what mall Sawyer buys shoes in.
Word.

Or how about something that is interesting like why/where Jack got his tattoos at? Where the fuck Desmond went?

Agreed, I can't stand her, she's way overplaying the role, IMO.
For sure, the bad girl thing she is doing is way tiring, and very annoying.

gatoinfeliz, that Lost drinking game roxx!!! Next week I am going to watch and get all fucked up...... OH WAIT WE HAVE TO WAIT 3 FUCKING WEEKS FOR A NEW EPISODE.

Ok I am done pissing and moaning.

I still love the show

Animal
Old 10-20-05, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by chanster
its called paying for convenience! Give me a break and shut up with promoting ripping off the folks who make the show.
Last post on this off topic discussion, but he watches the commercials every week, and pays for cable/sattelite. Now he's ripping the creators off because he's not paying an imaginary $2.00 fee?

I recorded the show and watched it at 11:00...I guess I ripped them off.

Hoo Hoo, Tell 'em Fred
Old 10-20-05, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Teddy Bear... where have we seen it before? Was it something that Ethan took?
Old 10-20-05, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
three....fucking....weeks.

and so it begins..
Old 10-20-05, 03:07 AM

I can't believe you guys. You guys are wrong, it was a great ep!!

Stop conplaining that they aren't give it all away and enjoy the fun of the mystery. Once they reveal all you'll know the show won't be worth watching.

Spoiler:
Stop trying to blow your wad and enjoy the foreplay.

Last edited by shawagg; 10-20-05 at 03:14 AM.
Old 10-20-05, 05:07 AM

I'm wondering if the woman that Sun's date is marrying in America might be related to the group in some way.

Last edited by snoogins; 10-20-05 at 05:10 AM.
Old 10-20-05, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone else spend the episode scanning the backgrounds for hidden clues?

It should be noted that not all of the "others" had bare legs. To me, that would indicate that some of them may be the captors and others the captives. Perhaps this island is Kathy Lee's secret clothing complex and they need kids to make the product But, in all seriousness, what if the island is some big drug factory, and the kids are used to harvest it. The Hanso foundation is just one big coverup for a multi-billion dollar drug ring. We've seen the statues, and know that some kind of smuggling was going on - maybe that plane was from someone on the island itself.
Old 10-20-05, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by shawagg
Spoiler:
Stop trying to blow your wad and enjoy the foreplay.
We just don't like spending an hour and not even getting to first base.
Old 10-20-05, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As for what happens in the next episode:

Spoiler:
It's been widely reported that Shannon is the one to die. As said earlier, Kristin is reporting that it is a woman that kills her, so it is open to speculation which woman. It could be Michelle Rodriguez, who perhaps mistakes Shannon for one of the others. It could be one of the Others, since it seems like Shannon will be seeing Walt based on preview.

Spoiler:
A few sites have reported some bad blood between the producers of Lost and Maggie Grace. She was widely reported to be considered for a role in X3 which would have likely meant she would have to leave Lost, but that was either not true or fell apart. Regardless, it seems pretty strange that she has had so little screen time this year. If she truly is the one getting killed off, to have her featured in more episodes before her death would have given her death more impact. If she dies now, it will be more like a secondary character is dying.
Old 10-20-05, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
What's odd about the three-week hiatus is that it was originally scheduled to air next week [The new TV GUIDE has a synopsis for the Nov. episode]. I guess the thought at ABC is that they don't want to be up against the World Series, but what about the week after that? Bad move to take a three week break after a PARTICULARLY slow episode (easily the worst one this season).

As for the next new show:

Spoiler:
The producers have already confirmed that a major FEMALE character will die before the Holidays. But why they would get rid of Maggie Grace - who is probably the second most popular female cast member - is anyone's guess. It seems to me that the female with the LEAST amount of backstory left to tell would be Claire. Shannon's back story is far more interesting to me. If they were having so much trouble with Maggie - why didn't they kill her character off LAST season instead of Ian's? Now both of those characters seem like a total waste of time for fans of the show...
Old 10-20-05, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was actually drifting off during the flashback segments this week.
Old 10-20-05, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Sure, it may not have had the excitement or revelations as found previous storylines, but I do like the backstory pieces quite a bit. Even when it isn't answering the questions I want answered, those flashbacks draw me in everytime.

The only things that really blow are the 3 week wait until a new ep...

and that Kate was featured so briefly (and more or less 'fessing up some feelings for Sawyer)

Originally Posted by Groucho
Have we seen that Teddy Bear before?
Have we a definitive answer on this? Jin gave it a weird look, like it was familiar.

Originally Posted by achau9598
Anyone else spend the episode scanning the backgrounds for hidden clues?
Yep. I was sure the Dharma logo would pop up during Jin's story...

Last edited by Pointyskull; 10-20-05 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-20-05, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by resinrats
Maybe they should stop with the flashbacks or at least cut them back to every few episodes. Is seeing how Sun & Jin met or how Mike let his girlfriend take Walt to Europe really that important since we already had background on their situations? Unless it has something to do with the Island story, we don't need to see it. They are running out of ideas for flashbacks. Soon we will see what mall Sawyer buys shoes in.

Pretty much the only story related flashback they need to show is how Locke got in the wheelchair.
I strongly disagree. It is called character development. They want you to care about the characters so that when the shit hits the fan there will be more of an emotional reaction.

Originally Posted by Pharoh

I loved it. It was far far better television than the first couple/few episodes. I much prefer the slower pace.
I loved last nights episode. I also think Jin/Sun's story is one of the better ones. It also amazes me that a mainstream top 10 show can get away with half the episode in a foreign language and subtitled. That is awesome. I prefer the slower pace as well. Then again, I'm used to reading Stephen King where there first 200 pages are backstory and character development. There is more of an emotional payoff because of it.

I do have to agree about Jack/Locke/Kate showing up. Very forced. They couldn't fill those slots with more Claire, Charlie, Shannon, Sayid or Rose?
Old 10-20-05, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well this was better than last weeks episode, but still pretty dull. Of course, I'm more of a fan of the "fast paced/plot twist" Lost than the "filler/advance character history" Lost.
Old 10-20-05, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The show just seems to be almost running out of gas. The flashback once again just fleshed out an aspect of their lives that I had put together. We knew Jin was from a fishing village (secretly ashamed) and was in some type of waiter/hotel position and that he worked for Sun's father (probably after they got to know each other). There was not any real new information. Same thing I felt with Michael's flashback.

I hope that this mini-break before the November sweeps allows for some better put together shows. Still enjoying the show, just doesn't seem to be keeping me glued to my seat like I was last season.

Hoping three weeks pass quickly.
Old 10-20-05, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
And, I couldn't make out what Mr. Echo said to Jin at the steam. Something was lost and he was going to go back for it?
I have always had issues understanding that actor (I used CC watching OZ because of him). I went back and CC'ed that line - he said he lost the trail. Basically, he realized he'd found Michael and may have been trying to ditch them.

The hiatus is probably because of baseball.

Also this episode is likely to rerun sometime in those three weeks, so if you missed it you will get another chance to see it sometime before the next new episode.

Finally - to ALL THOSE WHO ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PACING AND THE FLASHBACKS: This IS what the show is about! It is about character development and mystery. If you want it all solved for you, wait a few years when the show ends and just watch the final episode! (In the meantime, watch a bunch of suspense flicks.) Do you not yet realize that all the backstories are tied in to how and WHY they all ended up on the plane together?!!?!?!

I enjoyed this episode immensely. The backstory for Sun and Jin is MUCH more complicated than we were shown last season. We were led to believe that he was a cater-waiter at one of Sun's father's big social gatherings and that is where they met. Instead we now see that Jin HAD principles that he gave up in order earn the right to marry Sun. However, their initial meeting which we witnessed last was truly love at first sight. Ultimately Sun still loves Jin and vice versa. Their separation will ultimately help Sun convince Jin that he's going to need to start learning English in order to survive on the island.

Last edited by rfduncan; 10-20-05 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-20-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
That guy that Sun was set up with - The son of the hotel owner:

Said that he met a girl at Harvard

so do we know of anyone on the Island that went to Harvard?

Did Shannon go to Harvard? It's not unlike this show to have a tie in like that.
Old 10-20-05, 08:39 AM

I guess I don't get why everyone is hating these "slow-paced" episodes? I guess the producers should not have given as much as they did on the season premire, now everyone expects a fast-paced episode every week?

The reason I got hooked on Lost is the amount of time spent on the character development... It's something you don't get in 90% of the stuff on TV nowdays!

Also, I loved the backstory this week. Just because it is a character that we've seen some backstory on, doesn't mean they've covered this part of the character's life. From what I remember, all we know about Jin and Sun was once they were getting engaged/married and what drove them apart. It was in the same vein as seeing Jack's backstory a couple weeks ago, and seeing how he first met his (ex?)wife.

A definate for this ep.
Old 10-20-05, 08:45 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I agree that this was a good episode. My favorite stuff was the Adventures of Jin and Mr. Echo. The flashbacks were good too, since Sun and Jin have been neglected this season.

I still want to know about the teddy bear. Obviously, they showed it to us for a reason. Either we've seen it before, or we're being set up to see it again. Since it wasn't shown on the "Previously on..." segment, presumably it's the latter.
Old 10-20-05, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
Spoiler:
Alex
as in the French Lady's (Danielle Rousseau's) son?

And wasn't that teddy bear what Ethan took?

His name isn't Mr. Echo, it's something like Misterico. Or, as ABC calls him, "Mysterious Island Man".

To whoever taped this show, can you go back and watch that part with closed captioning turned on? How do you spell his name?
Yes, that's who I was referring to.

And I'm pretty sure it's Mr. Ecko. But hopefully that's clarified.
Old 10-20-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't mind the flashbacks, and i understand their purpose... I just would rather them be more interesting.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.