Lost -- "Everybody Hates Hugo" -- 10.12.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Everybody Hates Hugo" -- 10.12.2005

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-05, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When Hurley took a big drink from the milk carton in the intro, there was a face on it.

Was it just because he was dreaming? I mean, the milk part...there couldn't be milk down there, could there?

Also, who was the person in the chicken costume that was standing next to Jin in the dream?
Old 10-12-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh yea, and wet naked Kate rocked! :rawk:
Old 10-12-05, 10:09 PM

I just looked at that scene and I am pretty sure that it is Walt's face on that milk carton. Kind of interesting if it is.
Old 10-12-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheGodfather
Even the sub-par Lost episodes are great.
I agree with this. Even though not the best, it still holds my interest. To put it simply, I like watching these characters.

So what was this "decision" Hurley made about the food? Just to give it all away that night?
Old 10-12-05, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by heimerSWT

Also, who was the person in the chicken costume that was standing next to Jin in the dream?
His manager at the chicken restaraunt
Old 10-12-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I don't mean to be an ass, but can we keep this thread only about tonight's episode itself and not about all the spoilers for future eps and speculation about weird peripheral websites and stuff?

I know it's been suggested before but we really need a Lost - Speculation / Theories / Peripherals Thread. I'd say about only half of the 518 posts in last weeks episode thread were about the episode itself. Probably less. It would really make it easier for all of us.
So, um...nice episode...ahh...umm

Um...

Ahhh..........anyone check bigspaceship1.com lately!
Old 10-12-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
who wants a peek at next week?

Spoiler:
"... And Found"
Michael sets off by himself, determined to find Walt, but discovers that he is not alone; Sawyer and Jin's captors demand to be taken to the castaways' camp.
Old 10-12-05, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
I thought this episode sucked.
Spoiler:
C L U C K Y O U

I liked it. Hurley's backstory is one of the more interesting ones to me. The more I think about it, winning the lottery has got to be one of the worst (or at least most stressful) things that could happen to someone. If you don't throw money at everyone who asks for it you're considered a greedy bastard. You don't know who genuinely wants to be your friend anymore and who just wants a handout. Sheesh...I think I'd be begging for my quiet anonymous middle class life.

Like others have said this ep was more straightforward and I liked how we got to check in with most of the main characters. After last week and the overanalyzed-to-death video and all the hatch speculation I'm glad tonight was a change of pace.

Nice seeing DJ Qualls. "Driveshaft? More like Suckshaft."

Last edited by gnradd21; 10-12-05 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-12-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
So, um...nice episode...ahh...umm

Um...

Ahhh..........anyone check bigspaceship1.com lately!

uhh....no one yell at me....

bigspaceship1 is just black and you hear a heart beat or galloping...and the morse code says NARVIK FOR LIFE
Old 10-12-05, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
How in the world did the dude who worked at the Kwik-E-Mart recognize Hurley as being the guy who bought the winning ticket?

Kinda boring episode compared to the previous ones.
Can't wait to find out more about the second hatch/bunker.
Old 10-12-05, 10:31 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
So what was this "decision" Hurley made about the food? Just to give it all away that night?
Yep, that's the way I understood it. He said that there was enough food for one man to have three meals a day for a few months. With forty people, forget it...it wouldn't last long. He figured he might as well hand it out for everyone to enjoy a nice big feast and get it over with.

Now everyone loves Hugo!
Old 10-12-05, 10:33 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Wow - surprised by the reaction. I LOVED this episode - next to Locke, I think Hurley has the most interesting backstory.

And I'm pretty sure that's a totally DIFFERENT Hatch on the other side of the island. Heck, we don't even know if everyone's on the SAME island yet!!!

Count me in as well among those who loved this episode, by far the best of the season for me. I also agree with the earlier comment that it was more like a season one ep as opposed to what he have seen so far in season two. That is what I liked about it.

As for the bunker, I do believe it is on the same island, and likely connected somehow to the bunker of the main group.
Old 10-12-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This episode actually felt like a "LOST" episode. Glad to see this one.

Thought it great to have the evil lawyers on.

It also seems to me that the flashback interludes are becoming shorter. Maybe just wishful thinking.
Old 10-12-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Maxflier
How in the world did the dude who worked at the Kwik-E-Mart recognize Hurley as being the guy who bought the winning ticket?

Kinda boring episode compared to the previous ones.
Can't wait to find out more about the second hatch/bunker.
Hurley probably told him about the numbers when he bought the tix.
Old 10-12-05, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

whys the kwik e mart guy gotta be indian

messed up
Old 10-12-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdoug57
Thought it great to have the evil lawyers on.
Am I missing something...who are the evil lawyers?
Old 10-12-05, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Am I missing something...who are the evil lawyers?
If you ever watched Angel.. you would know that Jin, Bernard were part of Wolfram and Hart...
Old 10-12-05, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Just imagine. Not eating that type of food for almost 2 months. Everyone will have the shits.

Nice to see Cynthia Watros.
Old 10-12-05, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maxflier
My guess would be that the lottery commission informed the store of the exact time the ticket was sold. Then it would be a matter of reviewing the security tapes to see who bought a ticket at that exact time.
Old 10-12-05, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tgenius
If you ever watched Angel.. you would know that Jin, Bernard were part of Wolfram and Hart...
Ah, that's what the lawyer references are to.

Benard wasn't the pilot of the boat that took Walt, right? Kind of look alike, but I'm guessing they are two different people.
Old 10-12-05, 11:31 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked tonight's show. It was kind of a different pace, but I liked it just as much as the other 3 this season. I'm not picky at all.

Maybe the area the tail survivors are in is the area that was cemented off in the "Swan" area? I thought it looked like a shield on the Dharma symbol in the new area.

So did the rest of the tail survivors get killed by Ana-Lucia and company, or by the "others?" I think it's safe to say these tail survivors are NOT the "others?"
Old 10-12-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
Maybe the area the tail survivors are in is the area that was cemented off in the "Swan" area? I thought it looked like a shield on the Dharma symbol in the new area.
The island seems far bigger than this would make it (if indeed we're even on the same island). Why wouldn't they have run into these tail section survivors if they were that close?
Old 10-12-05, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
The island seems far bigger than this would make it (if indeed we're even on the same island). Why wouldn't they have run into these tail section survivors if they were that close?
I was thinking the same thing. It would be cool at some point for someone to "map" the island when we know a little more about it.

Also could make an interesting video game.
Old 10-12-05, 11:55 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Very true. Maybe it's a reeeallly looong tunnel? I'm guessing not. I'm also guessing the rest of the tail survivors died because of the "sickness."
Old 10-13-05, 12:03 AM

It's a different hatch from another "section" of the project. The question is, why was this one empty? And if it was empty from the beginning, that means no one was there to punch the code. Sooo, could that be why the people on this side are dying? Or is it the others, perhaps they are the owners of another hatch somewhere else?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.