Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Curb Your Enthusiasm - "The Christ Nail" - 10/9/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-05, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curb Your Enthusiasm - "The Christ Nail" - 10/9/05

Didn't see a thread for this episode yet, so here it goes.

I loved this episode, thought it was much funnier than the first two of this season. I haven't even seen "The Passion.." and it was still a very funny episode. I'm assuming that it would make even more sense if I had seen that movie, similar to last season's finale re: The Producers.

Larry researching bras, then bra shopping was classic. Loved him going back on the "not that there's anything wrong with that" line.

My favorite was Larry discussing how more people, including himself, would worship God's daughter, Jane, especially if she was hot, and his discussing that having a relationship with Jesus Christ was sort of gay. Larry's at his best when he's offending millions at a time.

Is anyone else watching this show, has to be one of the best comedies around.

Last edited by illini420; 10-10-05 at 03:14 AM.
Old 10-10-05, 05:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by illini420
Larry's at his best when he's offending millions at a time.

Is anyone else watching this show, has to be one of the best comedies around.
True, True...
Old 10-10-05, 07:06 AM

This show is hilarious, and I think this episode ranks among the best. The different story lines continued to top each other, I was laughing my ass off quite a few times. I'll never get tired of his facial expression or his weird running.

Side note: Since I never watch any HBO channels but HD, I didn't know it was on at 7pm (EST) on the regular HBO, not 10pm. I ended up watching Curb and Extras in SD on my plasma because I couldn't wait!
Old 10-10-05, 08:30 AM

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts
Hilarious episode last night. I've enjoyed all 3 episodes so far - this season is off to a great start.
Old 10-10-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,897 Likes on 1,246 Posts
Originally Posted by CPT
Side note: Since I never watch any HBO channels but HD, I didn't know it was on at 7pm (EST) on the regular HBO, not 10pm. I ended up watching Curb and Extras in SD on my plasma because I couldn't wait!
I don't follow -- HBO and HBO-HD air the same content at the same time, and although I didn't have the TV on to verify at 7 PM, The Whole Ten Yards is what was scheduled, at least.

None of HBO's half-hour comedies are in high-definition.
Old 10-10-05, 10:11 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 116 Likes on 104 Posts
This show is great, I loved the bra thing, and Jesus.. I'm new to it so have also started watching S1 on dvd. great stuff.
Old 10-10-05, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts
For some reason, this episode was really difficult to watch - they're really ramping up the uncomfortableness of it all.
Old 10-10-05, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
I don't follow -- HBO and HBO-HD air the same content at the same time, and although I didn't have the TV on to verify at 7 PM, The Whole Ten Yards is what was scheduled, at least.

Those of us on the west coast can also get the east coast feed w/ our digital cable so we watch it at the same time as those on the east coast in SD. But if we want HD, we have to wait 3hrs as the HD channel plays the same content as the west coast feed. I always watch Curb in SD cause I can't wait the extra 3 hours. But I wait to watch Rome in HD cause it's much better that way.
Old 10-10-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome episode for sure. When Larry was holding up Suzie's bra I thought for sure that he would get busted, but him getting busted by Suzie and Cheryl later on the video was even better.

The one complaint that I have about this show is that at times it comes close to making Cheryl unlikeable.
Old 10-10-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by illini420
Those of us on the west coast can also get the east coast feed w/ our digital cable so we watch it at the same time as those on the east coast in SD.
Right, I understand that -- it's that CPT said he watched it at 7 PM EST, which seemed to indicate that he thought the show was airing at 7 PM on the East coast...and I don't see anything to substantiate that.
Old 10-10-05, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
The one complaint that I have about this show is that at times it comes close to making Cheryl unlikeable.
I've always loved Cheryl, but this episode made her seem kind of bitchy (the housekeeper thing)
Old 10-10-05, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by JMLEWIS1
I've always loved Cheryl, but this episode made her seem kind of bitchy (the housekeeper thing)
yeah, that bugged me too - she's got a bit of the entitled, rich man's wife thing going.
Old 10-10-05, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cheryl has always seemed that way to me. Some of the time she's fine, but at other times she forced to take a particularly ridiculous stance on a subject just so Larry can react comically.
Old 10-10-05, 05:52 PM

As soon as I heard Larry ask for a nail for the mezuzah, I slapped my forehead, cause I just knew what was coming.
Old 10-10-05, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts
You didn't know that was coming fom the moment Larry told Jesus to nail it to the door? that was not one of the most subtle joke setups in CYE history
Old 10-10-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JTH182
You didn't know that was coming fom the moment Larry told Jesus to nail it to the door? that was not one of the most subtle joke setups in CYE history
No I didn't. We didn't learn that Cheryl's dad had a nail on necklace until AFTER Larry asked for that.
Old 10-10-05, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brain Stew
No I didn't. We didn't learn that Cheryl's dad had a nail on necklace until AFTER Larry asked for that.
No, Larry noticed it earlier in the episode. That's what started the whole conversation about how people would worship God's daughter more than God's son.
Old 10-10-05, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
You mean... my cable box is magic??
Old 10-10-05, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by sdcrym
No, Larry noticed it earlier in the episode. That's what started the whole conversation about how people would worship God's daughter more than God's son.
No, cause it was only after he spoke to Jesus about nailing it outside the door and then gave him the orthodics for Jesus' shoes that Larry walked into the kitchen where Cheryl's family was
Old 10-11-05, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The extended tape evidence in the background while Larry was trying to defend himself was
Old 10-11-05, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked that as well. I was watching the tape in the background more than I was watching Larry.
Old 10-11-05, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by CPT
You mean... my cable box is magic??
No. You're watching a pillarboxed upconvert. It's not "real" high-definition.
Old 10-11-05, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Oh man, this show really does its best to offend everyone... and it succeeds by all account! Love it!
Old 10-11-05, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I dunno. The show is funny due to the uncomfortable situations that Larry gets himself into, but the end scenes when it's all supposed to come together, have been pretty weak IMHO. Waaayyyyyy too telegraphed to be funny.
Old 10-11-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yes, Larry gets into so many situations it is almost hard to watch some of them, cause you know he is gonna just be a total ass...

I loved the whole shoe insert thing with Larry waking up the daughter and she no longer believes in the tooth fairy...

...but the best part was when Larry and Jeff were sitting in Larry's office and you could hear the shoes in the distance...And Larry said "Jesus"... and he was like outside the building down the street a bit... I thought he was in the hall or something... pretty pretty pretty pretty prett-aahh funny..

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.